The Christmas competitons is closed.
Get your cameras clicking, and dust off those graphics tablets, because you are about to compete in the 2015 Rgbstock Christmas Competition! There are two sections to enter, and four – yes, FOUR – prizes! The winners of the photography and the graphics section will each win a small, but fabulous prize. They will become the proud owners of an Rgbstock mug – a rare collector’s item! And to encourage everyone to enter, there will be two “Lucky Door” prizes! Two more people will have their name drawn out and they will also receive an Rgbstock mug. So everyone has the chance to win.
Who can enter?
You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition. Not only will the winners receive their prizes, but the winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock.
Opening date : November 18, 2015
Closing date : December 24, 2015 [Closed]
Here are the rules:1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 pixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.
2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs – xmasphoto2015
for graphics – xmasgraphic2015
This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry. Images lacking this keyword will be presumed to not be entries in the competition. If you discover the competition after you have uploaded images, as long as they have been uploaded between the starting and finishing dates, you may add the above keywords.
3. The theme is Christmas and New Year or other end of year celebrations like Kwanzaa and Hanukkah – for those who don’t celebrate Christmas, and everything that relates to them. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.
4. Be creative. Come up with something new and different, and start a trend. Be traditional. Traditional images are always popular. Look at pay stock sites and see which images there are the most popular, and try your own variation. Winning is nice, but it’s lots of fun to get those creative juices flowing.
4. You may post as many entries as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here OR ON OTHER SITES.
5. This year, the RGBStock admins will select the winning entries (therefore they and their families can not enter). The features they will be looking for are suitability for stock, appropriate subjects, creativity, quality (e.g., composition and clarity in photos), impact, and images that are pleasing to the eye. Images that do not comply with the above rules will not be included in the judging.
The winners will be announced in the General Chat Forum before New Year's Day. Winners will be contacted by admin for their postage details. Because we are a global site, it may take some time for your prize to arrive, and it will be posted in the New Year.
Only one prize will be awarded to an individual, so you can not win both the photograhy and graphics section. Winners' names will be excluded from the lucky draw.
Join Rgbstock now. It is free and you can register in a minute. Register now.