Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Can I (legally) have my photos at both sites?

Can I (legally) have my photos at both sites?

1. debsch2 March 2010, 23:12 GMT +01:00

I still have my piccies at sxc, for several reasons, one being the thrill I get from the odd photo being used in a public way eg, a pic of my mum on a the front of a CD cover:
http://getbackmusic.co.uk/index.php?page=discography

I don't participate in the nazi forums though. And it's crazy to see how bad they're getting. Chat is chat and it's being banned and locked.

My question is, if I move my photos over to RGB, are they legally allowed to be on both sites? I know they're free photos but is there an issue with copyright or something?

Thanks.

2. xymonau2 March 2010, 23:15 GMT +01:00

You can have them at a dozen sites. You own the copyright. I had - until yesterday - galleries at both.

3. xymonau2 March 2010, 23:16 GMT +01:00

I remember that photo! She is beautiful, Deb. Glad to see you here, too!

4. debsch3 March 2010, 0:38 GMT +01:00

Thanks for that Dez. I am importing my photos as I write.

One more question, are photos from SXC automatically approved on RGB?

5. xymonau3 March 2010, 0:54 GMT +01:00

No. I had quite a few rejected. And rightly so. We all develop our skills. But most will be, I'm sure. The aim is to have the highest quality free stock so we become the very best site. However, a few of my disasters slipped through! LOL

One thing you need to do is go through and fix the categories. They don't transfer. Be sure to update your keywords as the search is the main method of finding an image here. We will have the ability to go to individual pages eventually. Also, several hundred of mine arrived without their titles. I still haven't fixed them - I'm chipping away at it slowly. So check that the titles are all there.

Also note that if you're in photo management, the thumbnails don't enlarge automatically. That confused me a few times.

6. mzacha3 March 2010, 15:28 GMT +01:00

No, they are not. My old SXC pictures had a lot of trademarks, logos etc so I not surprised!

Please do check the keywords. Some of the keywords aren't imported here...

7. fishmonk3 March 2010, 22:05 GMT +01:00

Great news Deb, Nice to see you here!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera