Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Ripper Alert

Ripper Alert

1. xymonau30 August 2011, 14:53 GMT +02:00

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpaper/1600x1200/green-squares-x-blocks-background-314696.html

A lot of familiar images here being offered for download, including mine. I can't seem to make a comment, though, as every time I try, the page goes wonky. Can anyone else post there?

I'm so sick of thieves.

122. xymonau16 August 2015, 16:16 GMT +02:00

Good. Excellent. At least that site has ethics.

Sadly, there are probably dozens more for just that image alone. I get too upset to keep this up for very long. People need to follow the image licence or contact us. Most of the above instances are from a long time ago when I had the images on sxc, and the licence was pretty much the same. But the point is that it is my image and they can remove it.

Doing a Google drag and drop image search - only works for me in Chrome, and I only have that browser on my computer for this purpose - is the very best way to find your images on the net. TinEye is okay, but limited. However, for a while it was the only one offering that kind of search.

123. xymonau18 August 2015, 16:49 GMT +02:00

Slide geeks has removed my image from its templates and are investigating the uploader. Good. An honest company. Metamorphosis still hasn't. Nor has Deviant Art.

124. xymonau20 August 2015, 13:37 GMT +02:00

Metamorphosis removed the image - then I found five or six more of mine, and lots more rgb images. I can't remember who owns some of them, so you really have to go there and check for yourselves.

http://www.metamorphozis.com/

If you find any, contact them on their contact page, and include the link to where your image is being used on their site, plus the link to this site or any other where it is displayed. If you no longer have a gallery with the other place, but the image used to be on there, inform them of that, too.

125. xymonau25 August 2015, 13:00 GMT +02:00

Finally Deviant Art removed my image, but only after I discovered the proper page for lodging a copyright violation. They completely ignored me at first, and didn't even direct me to the correct page. So if you sre wanting images removed from Deviant Art, read this page: http://about.deviantart.com/policy/copyright/

There is a link way down the page to this form: http://help.deviantart.com/dmca

126. micromoth25 August 2015, 18:53 GMT +02:00

Thanks for your comments Dez. I occasionally dip into Deviant Art to see what the latest trends are, or if I am searching for some specific Photoshop brushes, but your experience has persuaded me not to put any of my own images there.

127. coolhewitt2330 August 2015, 18:32 GMT +02:00

I personally only upload to RGB because I don't have time upload to other sites. Its takes a lot of time to upload the photo then enter keywords. I really don't see the benefit of uploading to other websites.

128. micromoth1 September 2015, 8:04 GMT +02:00

I don't find it takes that much time to enter keywords. I write them all in Notepad first, as they are easier to see and edit in that, and then just Copy and Paste them into the relevant fields.
The process that does take a little time is uploading the shots. Hence I write the keywords whilst waiting for the uploads to complete.

129. xymonau5 September 2015, 9:51 GMT +02:00

Mine vary. I post a lot of backgrounds and textures, so I can have a lot of similar words as a basis. I save these common words in a notepad. But I still have to add and change a lot as nothing is exactly the same. It doesn't take me too long for the actual upload - I've reduced the file size a lot recently. But I still look at uploading as hard qork, and there have been many occasions when I wanted to upload images, but then didn't because I felt tired. I have thousands of images to upload. Maybe one day.

Re Deviant Art, I agree about posting there, but if you ever decide you need a particular photo or illustration from there, always do a Google search to check its bona fides.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera