Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > The price of rejection.

The price of rejection.

1. Gramps15 June 2012, 9:31 GMT +02:00

I just had another couple of rejections, this one with a couple of flowers reflected over water with some Chinese symbols in a bubble / sphere. The reasons given?

"File seems over filtered. Please remove the Chinese character since we do not know what the translation is and it look more like a watermark stamp. Thank you. "

Over filtered, darn right, water and reflections added, orange red filter, slight blur or 'glamour glow' , bubble and Chinese added.

'Please remove the Chinese character since we do not know what the translation is?' The title and description said the Chinese symbols for serenity (would I lie to you? ) that was the whole point of the picture !

All of that I can live with, but !!! the twisted knife in the soul !!!

'it look more like a watermark stamp.'

I took ages working on the reflections, refraction etc. only to have it described as 'a watermark stamp'

The pain !!!!!!

50. xymonau9 July 2012, 10:46 GMT +02:00

I am too old to think fame is a good thing. I have seen too many people upset by papparazzi. You can't scratch yourself without a photo appearing in a magazine somewhere. No, I'd like to be rich and completely unknown. I'm doing well. I'm half-way there.

51. happyture9 July 2012, 13:49 GMT +02:00

Ha ha,, juss need the muny now then ,,,bless ya cotton socks :O)

52. xymonau9 July 2012, 15:01 GMT +02:00

The last person who used to say that to me was a rather obnoxious Scottish nurse I worked with. I grew to dislike that saying as much as I disliked her. She was a cow. Mean and jealous of other females. A would-be queen bee, but she didn't really have it. She could only get one or two on side. I hate people who play stupid games. I can respect someone who is straight down the line, even if I don't like them.

53. happyture13 July 2012, 7:32 GMT +02:00

Well i shall never say those obnoxious words to you again OK, well Dezzie what you see is what you get with me i hide nothing, always tell the truth and wash on Sundays, but most of all i try to stay Happy :O)

54. xymonau14 July 2012, 16:36 GMT +02:00

You can say it. I have been very sick and I was cranky. I thought I wouldn't survive today. I couldn't walk. My legs were like jelly, my hands were shaking. Suddenly, tonight, I feel a bit better. I hope it lasts. I have had a terrible fever for four days. No congestion, just splitting headaches and can't get warm, body aching all over and eyes stabbing. I went to work until Friday. I was just too sick. And then this morning I was even sicker. I am going to bed soon (I've been lying in bed most of the day! I'll never sleep.) I want my head on the pillow in case the aspirin wears off suddenly or something. Don't want to catch this again. It's nasty. So wash your eyes after reading this and spray the room with disinfectant.

55. happyture15 July 2012, 15:39 GMT +02:00

Aghhh that sounds terrible Dezzie, i hope you get well soon, it sounds like our British Flu, and thats hell when you get it, it can take weeks to rid it,,i take whiskey when i catch it as it seems to help get over it faster :O)

56. xymonau16 July 2012, 1:09 GMT +02:00

I still have it (Monday). Getting sicker. No flu symptoms, just a terrible fever and massive hedaches. Will see a doc today. (Can't see one on weekend here.)

57. happyture16 July 2012, 14:42 GMT +02:00

Thinking of you Dezzie :O)

58. xymonau17 July 2012, 9:47 GMT +02:00

Thank you, Mikie. I hope you're doing okay.

Listen, is there any way you can block me from getting the facebook emails from the photograhy group? I spend so much time cleaning them out of my emails. I just don't have the energy to look at them all.

59. happyture17 July 2012, 9:58 GMT +02:00

Dezzie, if you go to the page look on the right hand side of the banner you will see notifications simply un click it done :O)

60. xymonau17 July 2012, 10:09 GMT +02:00

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks, Mike.

The group is super successful, isn't it?

61. happyture17 July 2012, 18:23 GMT +02:00

Its growing nicely, its not like here, we just like showing each other our work, or something we liked, it doesn't have to be perfect just something you like, its fun, do you know there was even a image of a pierced nipple on there,,Yes there was :O)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera