Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > What do you do...

What do you do...

1. micromoth7 October 2012, 8:12 GMT +02:00

...if someone uploads a shot that is really nicely done but is badly mislabelled? Obviously the first thing to do is to contact the author of the shot, but if they don't respond, what then? Shots that are wrongly labelled damage the reputation of RGB Stock and, by implication, all of us.
As a case in point, see http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/nKQfUHo/Rhino+Cooling+Off which is labelled as a rhino but is clearly a hippo. Hippos, being designed for living in water, have eyes that are positioned high on the head, so that they can still see whilst almost totally submerged. Rhinos on the other hand have eyes that are positioned much lower on the head, in order to line up with their offensive weapon - their horn. So the shot is definitely wrongly labelled. What would the mods do?

26. Gramps9 October 2012, 16:25 GMT +02:00

I'd go right back to @2 and leave a comment. Unless you are an admin or look at everyones photos the only way you are going to see the errors are when you type in something like Hippo and get a photo of a rhino or you happen to be looking through someones gallery. Which ever way you look at it the normal user will rarely come across the mistake. So, a comment should be fine.

27. lennie11 October 2012, 4:54 GMT +02:00

I hope that Jay or I will soon have time to implement something.

Especially because we can probably appoint some photographers to be able to make such changes.

In that case it doesn't have to be the admins or us that do this (or less), that way we could focus on other things again.

28. xymonau12 October 2012, 4:20 GMT +02:00

That sounds like a plan.

29. lennie12 October 2012, 10:43 GMT +02:00

No shortage of plans ! :-)

30. micromoth14 October 2012, 20:02 GMT +02:00

@27 Sounds good to me Lennie.

31. ColinBrough21 October 2012, 17:34 GMT +02:00

As an interim measure, could a link be added on the photo-upload page, right beside the keywords box, to the keyword suggesting site mentioned above?

32. lennie23 October 2012, 12:12 GMT +02:00

This one ?:

http://www.arcurs.com/keywording/

33. ColinBrough23 October 2012, 12:38 GMT +02:00

Yup, that was the one I meant.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera