I have an old canon speedlite 430EZ flash that I dug out a few days ago. It's something that I haven't used for years and years.
I found that the batteries were still in there and - of course - they have leaked and made a bit of a mess inside... one of the springy things is stuck down with whatever came out of the batteries.
I was wondering, should I throw it away or can it be saved with a bit of cleaning?
Some one in control please delete my trigger-happy double post. Thanks!
I had a working Minolta flash from film days, but I couldn't make it do anything helpful with my Canon DSLR, so my personal experience would suggest its not worth the hassle of repair even if it is possible.... but this was a c.1984 flash, so even older than your Speedlite. I may just not be very patient, or skilled in using flash - both are probably true!