Rgbstock forum

forum > Tutorials and Learning Center > NOISE ...

NOISE ...

1. motasemayyad27 March 2010, 10:07 GMT +01:00

Hi,

I've been participating to some stock photography sites ... But, they reject my photos cuz of noise ... :)

I shoot with FujuFilm S200EXR ... is i bad ???

Check my flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/48167049@N05

Please help ...

YOURS,

2. ervinbacik27 March 2010, 11:12 GMT +01:00

It is impossible to see the noise with that picture size (you should post a 100% crop), but in that type of processing, there is usually a large amount of artifacts. You should use some noise reduction software. There is a few, that you can download for free. I usually use Neat Image. But you must take care not to overuse it, then the image become very "plastic".

3. crisderaud27 March 2010, 11:15 GMT +01:00

The FujuFilm S200EXR is going to produce more noise than a dslr. That is especially true if you are shooting in the auto mode. Shooting in the manual or programmable mode allows you to lower your ISO setting to it's lowest level. (ISO 100 for best results). For the outdoor action shots you don't always have time to be making adjustments which makes keeping the noise down more difficult. The bright sunlight (well lit) situations reduces the noise.

I noticed in the processing of many of your pictures that there was a lot of sharpening and contrast. This makes the objects look crunchy, overly saturated and increases the noise. Some of your pictures look like they would benefit from HDR processing rather than doing overall adjustments to the shot.

Investment in a DSLR, less sharpening and saturation and shooting at the lowest ISO setting will make the results you want much easier to obtain.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera