Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 seasons on 45 seconds

4 seasons on 45 seconds

1. jimdaly9817 February 2011, 18:39 GMT +01:00

Stumbled across this one - thought you might like it.

962. happyture22 August 2011, 9:38 GMT +02:00

Well, nows you is dwelling on the fact hoff pickle sheep's eyes i will have two hown up, we eats sheepeses here,,,,,yeah its troow, lamb chops mmm, and sow we save the eyeballs as a delickassy, See,,now your not happy are yew, B'cause you is a veghead aint yew..

963. xymonau22 August 2011, 11:10 GMT +02:00

Next you'll be tellin' me you eat dead things. Yeah. Right.

964. micromoth22 August 2011, 16:56 GMT +02:00

But vegetables are dead things too...

965. happyture22 August 2011, 18:45 GMT +02:00

Well they are wonce yew eaten um!

966. micromoth22 August 2011, 20:49 GMT +02:00

Absolutely! Beef is only grass processed twice.

967. happyture22 August 2011, 21:38 GMT +02:00

Of course it ti'z , i do however prefer white meat like chook and fish think its healthy for you to,

968. xymonau23 August 2011, 10:35 GMT +02:00

You are forgetting the cud, moff. It's often processed several times. Cow dung is processed grass, too. Wanna eat that?

Vegetables are quite alive until we cook them. (Or cremate them, as in MY kitchen, frequently!) When beef - or most animal proteins - are eaten, the by-product is sulphuric acid. The body has to leach calcium carbonate from the bones to neutralise it. That's why eating dairy foods for calcium is a joke.

969. happyture23 August 2011, 11:27 GMT +02:00

GOOD TRY! but i still like me chicken or fish dinner, i can hallway spit the sulphuric acid out, mmmm, chuck in a basket wiff chips :O)

970. xymonau23 August 2011, 13:39 GMT +02:00

I never said I didn't like meat. I used to. The main reason I don't eat much is that I can't swallow it these days. But I go a bit ape at the pie shop sometimes (remember the garlic chicken pasties?) and I eat take away with chicken. I haven't bought meat for a couple of months now. But I have eaten it. At the workshop in Brisbane they served me up a meal with enough smoked salmon to kill a horse. I felt obliged to eat it. (I just find smoked salmon a bit ghastly.)

971. happyture23 August 2011, 14:29 GMT +02:00

Yeah i not keen on smoked salmon, i like it done in oven with a touch of lemon and a bit of parsley for good measure, mackerel is my favourite fish though, with black pepper mmm, might have some for lunch one thinks nom nom nom!!

972. xymonau23 August 2011, 14:41 GMT +02:00

I love barramundi. Fresh water, sweet fish with it's own texture. I don't like strong flavoured fish. I don't mind un-smoked salmon, though. And rainbow trout is nice.

973. happyture23 August 2011, 15:54 GMT +02:00

i haven't tried barramundi as we dont get it over here, is a white fleshed fish ?

974. xymonau24 August 2011, 0:06 GMT +02:00

Yes, white and flaky. I'm surprised you don't get it. It is native to Australia, but they farm them in Asia, and sell it filleted and frozen. Maybe the market is still growing.

975. micromoth24 August 2011, 7:12 GMT +02:00

@968 Umm, without wanting to get too tediously technical, sulphuric acid is H2SO4, which means that the sulphur in any protein would have to be oxidated *hugely* to reach that state. As the body needs proteins, and hence the sulphur, I honestly can't see it processing ingested protein in such a wasteful way and with such a damaging end-product. In any case, as sulphuric acid is so reactive, surely it would react with something else long before the body perceived a need to raid its bones for calcium carbonate. And even if it did, the result of any such reaction would be calcium sulphate, and what would the body do with that then? Furthermore, sulphuric acid could seriously affect the pH value of the environment it is produced in, affecting in turn the activity of the enzymes supposedly producing it - a potentially self-limiting reaction! And yet one more point: vegetable protein also includes sulphur, it's not just animal protein that has it. So why would eating animal protein be bad for you and yet not vegetable protein? With all due respect, IMHO I doubt very much this claim that eating animal protein is bad for you. After all, humans have been doing it for thousands of years without death from sulphuric acid ever being perceived as a serious problem. I'm back off my soapbox now.

976. happyture24 August 2011, 7:41 GMT +02:00

WoW,,,,,,just let me read that again just to soak in the old grey matter,,IMHO,,,,,,,,,,Sulphate,,,,,,,ph,,,,,,,,,,sulphuric,,,,,,,yeah,,,,yeah,,,,think i read sumthink like that on a coca cola bottle once.....

977. micromoth24 August 2011, 9:46 GMT +02:00

Absolutely! It's the real thing...

978. happyture24 August 2011, 11:20 GMT +02:00

I love the stuff, cleans my old coins and horse brasses perfectly :O) I dont drink it though !!

979. xymonau24 August 2011, 12:44 GMT +02:00

I never said you would die from sulphuric acid. I said it contributes to calcium leaching from bones. There is nothing to neutralise it in the body except the calcium carbonate. Animal proteins are highly concentrated, therefore there would be a greater reaction - that's one thing. (Also, the artificially created vege proteins like TVP are harmful.) The other is that you can't eat an animal without also eating its blood and all the waste products that may have been present, antibiotics - which are used widely, and hormones, including the adrenaline caused by fear once the animal realises it's going to die (and not to mention animals carted long distances with no food or water for several days, as happens in my country, so they would be full of chemicals at that stage).

No-one drops dead from eating meat. But vegetarians live ten years longer than regular meat eaters, and that negates all arguments as far as I'm concerned. The proof of the vege pudding is in the eating. And their quality of life is generally superior. The longest-living populations on the planet all eat a plant-based diet.

Meat is still better for you than cakes and sugary foods.

980. micromoth24 August 2011, 13:41 GMT +02:00

I don't dispute that vegetarians may live longer than regular meat eaters, but there may be other factors at play as well. For example, anyone who takes the time and trouble to ensure that they get a healthy diet based only on vegetables may take the time and trouble to do other things that impact positively on their general health and wellbeing as well. People who can't be bothered to do more than have just a quick meat and two veg meal might equally not make the effort to do other things to improve their life expectancy either. In other words, I don't think there is a simple one-factor cause and effect relationship here.
I'm still very doubtful about the idea that the body produces sulphuric acid as a by-product of its digestion of animal protein.

981. xymonau24 August 2011, 13:47 GMT +02:00

I'll see if I can find the article.

I agree that there needs to be balance. Eating plant foods but smoking or not getting sleep is going to have you in a similar league - except you run a much lower risk of food poisoning and animal/human diseases like CJD (mad cow).

982. xymonau24 August 2011, 14:12 GMT +02:00

http://milk.elehost.com/html/why_does_calcuim_leave_the_bon.html

983. happyture24 August 2011, 14:17 GMT +02:00

Nice morning, empty me bedpan and away to gooooo!!!

984. xymonau24 August 2011, 15:29 GMT +02:00

I will NOT empty your bedpan, you lazy thing. Get up in the night like the rest of us. An' don't spill it. PLEASE!

985. happyture24 August 2011, 17:14 GMT +02:00

Sorry i do polagise wont happen again :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera