Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

1. happyture18 February 2011, 9:34 GMT +01:00

Thanks, could of warned me though, as the shock has made me go all Funny-er than normal... :o)

698. xymonau26 June 2011, 14:04 GMT +02:00

It was high, but in winter, heating big weatherboard houses, I was paying about $450 per quarter. That was electricity. I had a gas stove, so that cost more.

699. happyture26 June 2011, 15:37 GMT +02:00

Its getting absolutely stupid, prices going up all over the planet, we will all be eating bread n water and riding a push bike to work before long.

700. xymonau26 June 2011, 16:00 GMT +02:00

We should be more self sufficient. It was a disaster here during the floods. No food or bread. We were like chooks with our heads cut off. none of us can survive any more. I'd like to go bush. I wouldn't like the harder life, but i believe it would be very satisfying.

701. happyture26 June 2011, 17:35 GMT +02:00

Each home should now be kitted out with solar panels and turbines to produce power, needs to be done before oil runs out, gas is also becoming harder to find, wish i had the money to convert now before the BIG rush!

702. xymonau27 June 2011, 10:28 GMT +02:00

There's still plenty of oil. I know of capped wells here in Queensland. They cap them because the cost - and profits - of the oil industry would drop if every country produced all the oil it could.

I do believe in clean power, though, and wind, water and sunlight should be harnessed where possible.

Little pedal generators - powered by people pedalling - and storage batteries can run small appliances like televisions. Maybe we might get fitter if we had to do that. I think we need to get out of the cities. Find a piece of dirt to call your own and learn to grow things. It's quite easy. Water, food (manure) and insect control, with a bit of weeding. Most of us have back yards or balconies where we can grow potted veges like tomatoes. I've seen some people almost self sufficient from just what they grow in their suburban yards.

But I'm getting older now, and I don't have the physical capacity I once had. I can't see me doing too much.

Does self sufficiency appeal to you, Mike?

703. happyture27 June 2011, 18:42 GMT +02:00

Oh yes, i like the idea of growing your own and the likes, dunno bout peddle power though, think id rather give up watching tv than peddle for it :O)

704. xymonau28 June 2011, 0:07 GMT +02:00

I don't watch it at all these days. I get any entertainment I want from the computer. I have no aerial, and the landlord won't supply one, so that has been the main reason. But there is nothing worth watching anyway.

705. happyture28 June 2011, 6:38 GMT +02:00

What a mean landlord, give me his number let me gentle warm his ears and ideas up, gentle like, as i am a very subtle person mmm, mmm, la la la...

706. xymonau28 June 2011, 10:00 GMT +02:00

There are no curtain rods or fixtures, either. He is a cheap so and so. I also had to pay hundreds to have the phone line connected. I was caught between a rock and a hard place, as I had signed the lease before I realised all these things were missing. So I have pins holding sheets at the top of the window edges. I refuse to pay for improvements as well as rent. It's a nice new place, but there is a leak internally in the roof, and nothing has been done about it for nine months. The good bit is that it can't be seen from the road, and in my line of work, being invisible at home is worth everything.

707. happyture28 June 2011, 13:31 GMT +02:00

Serious now, that is terrible dezzie, surely it should have been fitted with such items as curtain rails, over here normally if a place is to rent, then it is fully kitted with things like that, in my eyes that is bare essentials, as taps and light fittings are, saying that, i have lived in some terrible places really! you could lie in bed and look at the stars in one place, it was right next to a hells angels dwelling wonderful place it was, they knocked it down just after i moved out.. Sometimes i wish i could become invisible..

708. xymonau28 June 2011, 13:50 GMT +02:00

This is the first place I have ever rented that had none of those things. That's why i didn't even notice when I walked through the place. I wasn't looking for them. Here, renters are treated like criminals. There are inspections every three months. Drives me crazy and makes me feel like a naughty child. In this town they act like you are bad to the bone, or they patronise you. I could easily protest and live in my car, only I'm a bit too unfit to cope, and I need to work to survive. but it depresses me.

709. happyture29 June 2011, 9:10 GMT +02:00

Yeah it would depress me too, most people i would say, Its like renting a car and then finding the wheels are extra, just not the done thing is it, people just dont care any more, all they want is your money, and when they take it they dont even say thank you, You got more patience than me, im a bit fiery really, but i am slowing down now im in me 50's, well just a bit, mind sometimes i wish i was a little more diplomatic, but sadly being fiery is one of the drawbacks of being a Artiste!!

710. xymonau29 June 2011, 10:02 GMT +02:00

Tooflamin'right! We gots hartistic personalalittys an' needs carin' for!

711. happyture29 June 2011, 10:20 GMT +02:00

Give me a bag of brushes, paint, canvas, a picture taking box and im happy, thats all the carin i needs Dezzie, foods nice too, sunshine, and....etc etc....

712. xymonau29 June 2011, 11:41 GMT +02:00

Ah, well, I is a more complex case, see. I needs tap dancin' shoes, a tutu, a big bottle of pineapple an' orange juice, a cut lunch, roller skates, a piano, Matt Damon - although Sharukh Khan would be an ample substitute -an...heck, Matt Damon will do!

713. happyture29 June 2011, 13:44 GMT +02:00

That's it see ain't it, you women like to show off your multi tasking skills dont you's

714. xymonau29 June 2011, 14:13 GMT +02:00

I'd like to show them off to Matt Damon...

715. happyture29 June 2011, 16:44 GMT +02:00

Naughty Gurl :O)

716. xymonau30 June 2011, 10:51 GMT +02:00

What? I have no idea wot you mean.

717. happyture1 July 2011, 0:14 GMT +02:00

Not much you dont, Now my printer has gone wonky,,what next?

718. xymonau3 July 2011, 10:20 GMT +02:00

That was because you hinsulted my trew luv. I camed over in the night an' broke it.

719. happyture3 July 2011, 11:06 GMT +02:00

Well thats nice,,,and heres me thinking you was a good un!

Look at this wonderful charity...fantastic.

http://www.kenyanschoolsproject.co.uk/

Fantastic couple Bill and Lynn :O)

720. xymonau3 July 2011, 11:30 GMT +02:00

Do you know them? It looks good. Do they take PayPal?

721. happyture3 July 2011, 11:34 GMT +02:00

Yes i know them,I,m going to a regatta in a short while where they will try to gather more funds bless them, I dont know if they take paypal, i,ll ask them for you later, but thank you anywho :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera