Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

1. happyture18 February 2011, 9:34 GMT +01:00

Thanks, could of warned me though, as the shock has made me go all Funny-er than normal... :o)

2018. happyture20 November 2012, 13:10 GMT +01:00

Nothing runs in me family aunty Ethel run once and look what happened to her :(

2019. xymonau21 November 2012, 11:53 GMT +01:00

I had a run in me pantyhose once.

2020. happyture25 November 2012, 13:48 GMT +01:00

Sounds like fun, I had a run without me pantyhose once, we is very simyoular int we :O)

2021. xymonau25 November 2012, 14:25 GMT +01:00

I seddit before - juss like twins, we is.

I saw the funniest thing yesterday. There was a lizard outside my bedroom window. I leave bread out for the birds, and I threw out a couple of crackers left over from a packet as well. The birds decided they didn't like them - they were barbequeue flavoured. Brcause my windows go right to the floor, I can see the back area pavers really well, but the birds can't see me. Something caught my eye. It was this lizard - about 9 or 10 inches long, sort of greeny copper colour, and one I've never seen before. It was looking around carefully, then started hoeing into the bread. I have never seen a lizard eat bread before. It was having a great feed. Then it spotted the crackers. It had a bit of a taste, picked up a whole one, and ran off with it! I laughed so much. It was so cute. It looked like it had won the lottery. So they don't just eat insects at all.

2022. happyture28 November 2012, 9:59 GMT +01:00

I love seeing things like that,,I think its amazing how animals can change to their environment even down to their eating habits, its times like this that you wish you had videoed it :O)

2023. xymonau28 November 2012, 11:15 GMT +01:00

You know, I thought of it, but couldn't remember where I left my camera, and I was afraid that getting up would disturb it. I didn't want to miss what it was doing, so I stayed put. I get quite transfixed on the birds and lizards around here. What a hard life they have.

A bush turkey came running up the path in front of my place on the weekend. I live in a gated community, so it had come a long way. It was met by six foot high fences on all sides, and flew up on one. I fear for it. There are so many dogs around, and just one house over is a major, busy road. I had a lot of these in my yard on the Sunshine Coast, and while they are flighty and scared birds, they are super cute.

This morning a magpie that I feed came waltzing in over my carpet looking for me to give it something. Australian magpies (much bigger than European ones, and not related) are easily tamed and very smart. They'll take your eye out in nesting season, but they are so friendly and it's easy to get them to eat out of your hand. I've had lots of them in various places come walking inside, up the hallway, looking for a handout. They're so cute.

2024. happyture28 November 2012, 12:16 GMT +01:00

This sounds so good, wildlife in the UK is just so nervous, i dont really know why but the only thing i can get close to are squirrels and thats only because they want nuts off me, One day i will get to see Australia i hope it is a amazing place and the people are just so friendly :O)

2025. xymonau28 November 2012, 12:44 GMT +01:00

I'm sure if you had somewhere to leave food out for birds you could gradually tame them a bit. I know it's the nature of certain species to be more nervous, but there's often a way. Still, in cities it's best to keep them wild. Too many crazy people, cats and dogs.

Oh, people here can be pigs, too. Some areas are more friendly than others.

2026. happyture30 November 2012, 16:36 GMT +01:00

A friend of mines grandson has just gone to live in Perth he's only in his early 20s he couldn't wait to get there, he has family over there who run there own business so he'll fit right in hopefully, I love birds,,,They taste lovely dont they Dezzie :O)

2027. xymonau1 December 2012, 10:21 GMT +01:00

I have a sister in Perth. She moved there years ago and they have been very happy there. It's a four hour flight, though, so I've never been. I've been to New York, but not to the other side of my country! LOL I've been to Melbourne and Adelaide, but no further. I'd like to see Tasmania at some stage, but it's all so expensive to travel in this country. I hope the young bloke has a happy life there.

Some do taste lovely, Mikey. But I never eat birds I know.

I've realised I have two magpies - a mother and almost grown baby. They both come to visit and beg for food. Then there are two peewees (magpie larks) who march in the front door if it's open and feed on the birdseed that drops from my birdcages. They also poo on my floor, but it's tiles, so I can tolerate it. They are actually very cheeky. Although they aren't as personable as the maggies, they are very game, and they ignore me if I'm nearby, as long as i don't startle them.

I was driving this week and saw a really wonderful sight, and kicked myself for not carrying my camera. There were at least twenty white parrots - possibly Major Mitchells, as they had a hint of pink on them - sitting side by side on an electric wire. They looked stunning, and all spaced evenly along the one section. They would have made a brilliant photo. Knowing my luck, they'd have flown away once I got out of the car. This town has a huge number of parrots. Noisy things, too.

2028. happyture2 December 2012, 2:17 GMT +01:00

You are just so lucky Dezzie with such a wonderful land to live on and all the wonderful animals, yeah lucky is the word, if i could just get 6 numbers up on the lotto id be gone from here faster than Shi* off a shovel :O)

2029. xymonau2 December 2012, 4:54 GMT +01:00

Not all Pomgolians like it once they get here, you know. But you certainly are keen. If I win - sadly, I never enter - I'll shout you a trip here. Hold me to that.

2030. happyture3 December 2012, 9:33 GMT +01:00

YOU GOTTA BE INIT TO WIN IT MRS,, I do the lotto every time hoping for my numbers to come up, all my friends including family know that if i was so lucky i would be gone, and they all know where to, I would ask everyone once and once only if they where coming, Nothing or no one would stop me from leaving :O)

2031. xymonau3 December 2012, 10:23 GMT +01:00

I could never live in another country. Maybe if I had to. But I was homesick after a fortnight in New York, and I still had two weeks to go. I was longing to hear the Australian accent again.

2032. happyture3 December 2012, 13:32 GMT +01:00

Na, my gypsy blood means i can make my home anywhere without even thinking about it, where ever i hang my hat is my home :O)

2033. xymonau3 December 2012, 13:41 GMT +01:00

Ah! There's my problem, then. I ain't gotta hat!

2034. happyture3 December 2012, 14:33 GMT +01:00

Dont beeleeve you, all ladies have got a secret hat stash,,we mens know these things :O)

2035. xymonau3 December 2012, 22:47 GMT +01:00

So flippin secret even they duzzent know? I did have a hat - an Akubra (Google it), but I gave it away.

2036. happyture3 December 2012, 23:14 GMT +01:00

Ahhhh, I would really like one of those,,gonna ava look on ebay now :O)

2037. xymonau4 December 2012, 9:04 GMT +01:00

I reckon your Ma was frightened by a kangaroo when she was carryin' you. There's no other 'splanation for your obsession. Well, other than madness, an' we all know that isn't t - oh, is that the time?

2038. xymonau6 December 2012, 10:55 GMT +01:00

Here's the first step in yer enculturation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co26PuQPX2s

2039. happyture6 December 2012, 15:06 GMT +01:00

We has the very same street ere :)

2040. xymonau7 December 2012, 9:55 GMT +01:00

And a Newcastle, even. I'd wager they aren't similar - well, our Newcastle is industrial, but has some of the most beautiful white sand beaches around. In my young and foolish days I once hitchhiked from there to Sydney (not that far). I wasn't very impressed with the place, to be honest, and I never got to see the beaches.

So are you feeling any better? I'm sorry you've been sick.

2041. happyture10 December 2012, 7:10 GMT +01:00

Yeah our Newcastle is a fair place, but its got no beaches of white, spose its because of the strong Brit link between Oz and the UK, hexsept Oz has better weather, Yeah getting better Dezzie flower, Slow but getting better, Its a stomach problem that stops me in my tracks, I have a very high pain tolerance but this is just too much to handle sometimes, anyway im getting right again so you can look out now Gurl :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera