Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > Like nature UK, you'll love this!

Like nature UK, you'll love this!

1. happyture8 November 2011, 10:08 GMT +01:00

http://www.virtualbiologytutor.co.uk/SpotterJotter/sjHomeContent.aspx

2. xymonau8 November 2011, 11:32 GMT +01:00

It looks like a great site.

3. happyture8 November 2011, 11:57 GMT +01:00

I,m there a lot just lately. :O)

4. xymonau8 November 2011, 12:08 GMT +01:00

Are you posting photos?

5. happyture8 November 2011, 17:49 GMT +01:00

Yes now and then, but i also spotted a peregrine falcon perched on a local seaside pier, got a quick grab shot nothing too good but enough to prove it was there. :O)

6. xymonau9 November 2011, 10:30 GMT +01:00

I would enjoy twitching - that's what they call bird spotting, isn't it? - but I'd prefer to just find some and watch them for a while. Birds are so smart.

7. happyture9 November 2011, 11:04 GMT +01:00

They are, they have been on the planet much longer than we have and im sure that they are much smarter than we think or think we know, yeah i can just sit and watch a flock of starlings getting ready to roost until the last one lands,,a fantastic sight..
http://youtu.be/XH-groCeKbE

8. xymonau9 November 2011, 14:00 GMT +01:00

Just amazing!

9. happyture10 November 2011, 10:02 GMT +01:00

Mother nature is fantastic, birds are my favourite wonderful creatures :O)

10. xymonau10 November 2011, 11:14 GMT +01:00

You'd like my morning visitors, then. I have parents and a baby magpie who walk in every morning seeking food. they prefer nuts - expensive tastes. Then, hovering about them are peewee (magpie lark) parents. I haven't seen their baby yet. They follow the smart maggies and get the smaller bits left behind. the magpies get cross and attack them sometimes - and they are a big bird, while the peewee is about the size of a small dove. They all come wandering through my front door, bold as brass. One day the peewees panicked while inside. they couldn't work out how to get out as I have large glass sliding doors. The front door was open, but it was a panicky dilemma. It took them ages to get out, after hovering in small circles for a long time. My cockatiels were quite taken aback!

11. happyture10 November 2011, 13:49 GMT +01:00

Thats so nice, your so lucky to have all that wildlife on your doorstep,,,,well and through the house, i look forward to the winter visitors we get here in UKland, many new faces, to be seen now, waxwings, loads of waterfowl... I have my 2 daughters sat here at the table with me at the moment and to be honest they are nuts completely nuts,,i cant think straight, they are ordering makeup online and swearing at each other like barge women..

12. xymonau10 November 2011, 14:28 GMT +01:00

LOL! Good on them! You have to make your parents work hard. Otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with themselves, right?

13. happyture10 November 2011, 17:25 GMT +01:00

Phew, they gone now peace n sanity again returns to my laptop, that was hard work,,,oh dear dear,,,

14. xymonau12 November 2011, 10:40 GMT +01:00

You wouldn't have it any other way.

I just got off the phone with one of my granddaughters - the talkative one. I think we've been on the phone for almost an hour. She's only 6. Heaven help us when she's older. It was lovely, though, and we discussed many things, including that she wants lots of puppies for xmas, "well trained ones". I spoke to them both this morning, and had a nice long chat with both. The other one couldn't talk tonight. It was time to eat, and she was tired, so I'll talk to her again tomorrow. They're identical twins, but they are like chalk and cheese in their personalities. I love them to bits.

15. happyture12 November 2011, 10:51 GMT +01:00

I knows they are identical twins, when you showed me that beautiful photograph of them cuddling i thought you had photoshoped it until i noticed one had a tooth missing and the other didnt,,they are indeed identical,, and good at washing and tidying what more could a nana want or indeed need, Ha ha ha yeah i have to say this,,Gurls are far more chatty than lads when young, i know my 2 daughters could talk the legs off an iron pot, still can come to think of it,,,love them,, You must be so happy that they enjoy a good old chin wag with you Dezzie...

16. xymonau12 November 2011, 10:56 GMT +01:00

I just hope they will still want to talk to me when they get older - for their sakes, as teenagers need to have adults they trust - so I try to listen as much as I can. Although one of them needs to be prompted more than the other. But, yes, it's lovely to have them chatting. I loved them as babies, but they get more interesting as they get older and start having opinions.

How old are your girls, Mike? You may have told me, but I don't remember.

17. happyture12 November 2011, 11:05 GMT +01:00

My children from first relationship are 38, and 36 respectfully, and my 2 daughters from my current relationship are 26 and 21 years old ,, love um bless :O)

18. xymonau12 November 2011, 11:28 GMT +01:00

What a wonderful family. Lots of people to look after you when you get old! LOL

19. happyture12 November 2011, 11:39 GMT +01:00

I dont think so, my youngest daughter said, Im gonna pick your nursing home for you, one where your not allowed out, and a none smoking for her mother,,bless she loves us to death.....

20. xymonau12 November 2011, 12:10 GMT +01:00

LOL My son has always said I have to go and live with him and his partner. I reckon it would take about three days before one of us was packing our bags! Maybe I'll be too silly to care at that stage.

21. happyture12 November 2011, 14:06 GMT +01:00

You meen you hope your too silly to care at when your at that age,, Im almost there now, pretty silly, or in my baby daughters words NumbSkull think she loves me really ,,a bit,,maybe,,well errr!!

22. xymonau13 November 2011, 2:11 GMT +01:00

You always hurt the one you love.

23. happyture13 November 2011, 11:34 GMT +01:00

So they say dont they, cant understand why though, must date back to cave man times or sumfink!

24. xymonau13 November 2011, 12:02 GMT +01:00

Well, it's just a song, really, and true love is kind.

I have been bad and indulgent this weekend, and I have to get back on the bandwagon. I ate a whole tin - 250 grams - of Tartex and biscuits. There was too much salt in the biscuits and the Tartex, but it was sooo nice. I also had a huge plate of vege sausages and baked beans - also too high in salt for me. Tasted great, though. I have to stay on more natural and simple food. I have been feeling so good, but I don't feel as good after pigging out. The salt raises my blood pressure. Never mind, I'll be good tomorrow. I have already made my lunch - a salad.

25. happyture13 November 2011, 15:13 GMT +01:00

Bless ya dezzie, one bit of a treat wont hurt ya gurl, i havin a English fried dinner it looks mmmmmm, tomorrow, salad, so it will balance out,,,

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera