Rgbstock forum

forum > Newbie chat > Bonojur

Bonojur

1. somadjinn20 June 2012, 10:34 GMT +02:00

Hi there,

I'm about as good with introductions as I am with cheesy pickup lines... my sign is aquarius by the way =p I don't really enjoy long walks on the beach unless there's a camera in my hand, although I love listening to Harry Belafonte and festive calypso music!

All kidding aside, I've been a long time contributor on sxc with just a little over 1 million downloads, and decided to come here for what I hope is a fresh start. I haven't given up on sxc, but ever since it's been sponsored by (let's say) a higher power, I feel sxc lost its original essence.

I don't want to be too negative about it, so I'll leave it at that. Meanwhile, I'm happy to be a part of this crew :)

2. jazza20 June 2012, 16:11 GMT +02:00

Hi Nicolas , Welcome to RGBstock.com! You have a great gallery. Some RGBstock users share the same opinion about sxc.hu, so you're not alone.

Did you see the RGBstock-import tool to import your SXC gallery to RGBstock.com? Maybe that is a handy tool for you?

http://www.rgbstock.com/sxcimport

3. somadjinn20 June 2012, 22:17 GMT +02:00

Thank you very much for the welcome Jay. The sxc import is a wonderful tool, in fact I gave it a try when I signed up, but 500+ is a lot of pictures to burden the reviewers with in one shot... and some of the older photos I'm not that fond of anymore, so I'm happy to start over from scratch.

You've got an amazing gallery by the way, the pictures look so clean and fresh, perfect for stock :)

4. micromoth22 June 2012, 6:37 GMT +02:00

Hi Nicolas,
I removed my gallery from sxc for just the same reason as you, so I know how you feel. Welcome to RGB Stock, which I think you'll find maintains the original essence very well. There's also a Facebook discussion page for RGB Stock members.

5. somadjinn22 June 2012, 10:36 GMT +02:00

Thank you Kevin, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one frustrated with sxc. In the meanwhile, I submitted a lot of content on deviantArt under the same username, but still submitted a little every now and then to sxc... where I would often have to wait a week or more to get any feedback from their reviewers.

Back when sxc had a functioning forum, someone suggested I join rgbstock (for the life of me I don't know who), and I kept it as an afterthought and finally decided to join :)

6. micromoth22 June 2012, 21:06 GMT +02:00

Well, I'm glad you decided to come. I expect the person who suggested you did so was Lynne or Dez - before they got excommunicated by the powers that be at SXC! The last time I looked at new submissions on SXC I was appalled at the low standard that was being accepted - in my humble opinion, no proper moderation to speak of at all. It's a great pity. But RGB Stock is a wonderful alternative and the mods do a great job.

7. crisderaud23 June 2012, 12:59 GMT +02:00

That was probably my suggestion Nicholas. I left invites to join rgbstock as comments on pictures starting in January 2010.

I left so many comments that the new owners suddenly closed my account without warning. Couldn't even access my own account. Banned for life!

You will be happy to note that the appovers here are fast and consistent.
They are in fact the same ones that were at sxc before the sudden hostile takeover.

No more waiting a week for photos to get posted.

We also made it so you can edit all your image info in Photo Management after the images are posted.

8. xymonau24 June 2012, 11:42 GMT +02:00

Hi, Nicolas! I've been away, so it's really nice to come back and find such a great photographer joining us. RGB will continue to grow, and as others have said, we have the same spirit the other place had way back. I haven't responded yet, but I notice you've posted in the forums. That's great. We need more people posting there. Makes it more fun!

9. somadjinn24 June 2012, 13:26 GMT +02:00

Thank you Kevin, Cris, and Dez :) Nice to see such diversity in where you all come from. Canadian myself, also legally British as my mother was born in Wales... even though many would find that hard to believe because of my accent =p

Thank you also for appreciating my photos. Means a lot to me, especially since it was my father who inspired me in photography. A father now departed, but I still hold him near and dear to my heart. Where most all images I submit are my own, every now and then I will throw in a picture my father took, including the eagle in my avatar :)

10. xymonau25 June 2012, 10:56 GMT +02:00

That's a lovely memorial to him to do that!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera