Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Submission Questions

Submission Questions

1. somadjinn26 June 2012, 2:59 GMT +02:00

As I work to submit more images, I was wondering if you could help me out with a couple questions. When I looked at the original guidelines for proper keywording, it says "type your keywords separated only by a comma and not a comma and a space". Does this still apply? So far I've been doing this and making sure I do not enter a space after the comma, but I noticed when I when I go in an edit a picture I already submitted, the single spaces get generated after each comma. And to be honest, just out of force of habit, I'm more used to inserting a single space after each comma for keywords.

What are the guidelines for submitting "darker" subject matter? It's not something that I have in abundance and I don't go too over the top, but every now and then I work on photos that are a little macabre in nature, for the sake of variety and communicating a concept that could still have stock value. Certainly nothing involving real pain or violence, everything is pure simulation. For example I'll use fake blood like with this rose here: http://somadjinn.deviantart.com/art/Paining-a-Rose-Red-183059198?q=boost:popular gallery:somadjinn&qo=0

I'll understand if you prefer keeping away from anything dark like that, just thought I'd ask before submitting.

2. xymonau26 June 2012, 10:08 GMT +02:00

I don't think those images would be a problem, They're symbolic and not imitating real violence. We have limits to sexual content - see the FAQ - but haven't really thought about that. I guess if it went beyond usefulness into tastelessness, then it might not cut it. I guess it would have to have a clear stock use rather than just art if it was questionable. But I'm not an approver.

As for the spaces, I don't think it matters. originally it did, but it seems to be fine to have spaces now, from my experience.

3. jazza26 June 2012, 19:46 GMT +02:00

The spaces. You can separate keywords with commas or with semicolons and you can add as many spaces as you like. I will change the text in the FAQ soon becaus it is a little bit misleading now.

4. somadjinn27 June 2012, 10:47 GMT +02:00

Thank you kindly for the feedback, it makes my life easier to include a space after the comma.

I guess for "darker" images, I will try submitting one at a time and see how the reviewers react... hopefully with the understanding that I do not submit these images in poor taste. I have to confess I grew up watching up horror movies and I have a clown phobia because of it, but in the process I also learned horror movies can help to nurture the darker side of humanity in a healthy way... safe in the knowledge that it's all simulated like some of the photos I want to submit, but I will understand if rgbstock prefers to stay away from anything that might be subject to controversy.

On another note, is there any way we can reply to people who comment on our pictures? Both of you (Dez and Jay) left very nice comments on my photos, and I would like to be able to respond to express my gratitude, but I do not see a "Reply" button to that extent.

5. ColinBrough27 June 2012, 12:51 GMT +02:00

I've asked about the commenting on your own images thing before, and it seems to not be available at the moment - you can message the person directly. But I'd quite like to be able to reply in public, so others can see the exchange - especially if its a "where was this shot taken?" kind of comment...

6. xymonau27 June 2012, 13:20 GMT +02:00

Yes, we used to be able to. Unfortunately, you can only private message people now, and they can then see your email address.

7. jazza27 June 2012, 16:21 GMT +02:00

RGBstock should be more 'social', I am very well aware of that. Please be patient and we will work something out.

8. jazza29 July 2012, 15:19 GMT +02:00

This weekend (July 29, 2012) RGBstock is very slow in approving your new photos. We apologize for that. We hope to catch up next week.Thank you.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera