Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Downloads

Downloads

1. Gramps10 December 2012, 12:31 GMT +01:00

I must admit that I've never noticed this before:
I had a look at some new photo's and a closer look at a couple I thought 'very good'. As is my want, I 'viewed full size' I then downloaded it, but not by using the menu, I just right clicked and saved.

I now noticed that this did not increment the owners download count so I then used the download button and downloaded it that way. I think if someone likes a photo enough to view at full size, that should be credited as a download. I don't know how many more people may use the right click method to download.

I feel a little guilty about the number of photographers I may have done this to in the past (sorry guys) as downloads are quite important to some as an incentive to upload the photos in the first place.

What does everyone else think ?

2. xymonau10 December 2012, 13:12 GMT +01:00

I always thought any enlarged view counted as a download. did you refresh the page to check?

I agree they should count as a download. I also think those who save the large thumbnail should be counted as well, since they can be used on web pages.

I just tried the view picture with an image and it wouldn't allow me to "save as". I tried it with another, and it would. Maybe a glitch?

I tried another and I usually just double click the large image to download. I did that, and no numbers increased. I only ever double click, so I may have not officially downloaded images I thought I was. Wow. How disappointing. I almost never comment unless I've also downloaded the image - or at least I thought I was downloading it.

3. jazza10 December 2012, 20:11 GMT +01:00

we count the downloads as we did before, but there is one little change: it takes up to fifteen minutes before the download counter will be updated. So every download still counts but it take some time before you can see it. The reason we did that is a technical reason. The issue will be fixed eventually but it will take some time.

4. xymonau10 December 2012, 23:31 GMT +01:00

Thanks, Jay. That's a relief! You guys do so much work on keeping the site running, and it runs well, so a hiccough or two is nothing.

5. Gramps12 December 2012, 14:15 GMT +01:00

Cheers Jay, glad to know i've not been 'cheating' the system :0)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera