Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Thumbnails not right?

Thumbnails not right?

1. sailinjohn30 January 2013, 2:54 GMT +01:00

Is it just me or are the thumbnails of two of my images not displaying? (Loggerhead Lookin', Life is a Beach)
Our internet here is real goofy and sometimes a snail looks to be going lightspeed compared to it. I worry that this will corrupt some of my uploads.

2. xymonau30 January 2013, 6:40 GMT +01:00

I'm seeing all of your thumbnails, John. It's likely to be happening at your end. However, when the others get out of bed (!) I'm sure they'll investigate. Have you cleared your cache?

3. jazza30 January 2013, 8:52 GMT +01:00

John, I can see your images. No problems here. If you still have a problem:

- Clear the cache of your browser (the temporary internet files)

- Try to use an other browser like Opera, Safari, or Chrome to test if it works in that browser

- Can you test it on a different computer?

- Make a screen-dump (PrintSCScrn) and send it to me so I can look at it. (info[@]rgbstock..com)

4. sailinjohn30 January 2013, 9:22 GMT +01:00

Thanks all! I guess it is something going on with my laptop at home. When I got to work, I can see all.
My laptop only displays the names of those images.
So, when I get home, I'll clear the cache, etc.
Thank You very much!

5. jazza30 January 2013, 12:19 GMT +01:00

Do you use a ad blocker? Such a ad blocker blocks content from different domains.

The thumbnail images are sometimes served form http://a.rgbimg.com. That is a second domain for rgbstock.com and it is used for speeding up the connection and serve static content (== images) more quickly.
I think your ad blocker blocks this domain. In that case you should make an exception for this domain.

6. sailinjohn1 February 2013, 15:10 GMT +01:00

Thanks for the help!
When I got home, I cleared the Firefox cache, and the thumbs loaded properly.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera