Rgbstock forum

forum > Newbie chat > Downloading images

Downloading images

1. Triumph6 February 2010, 20:06 GMT +01:00

Do I just right click on an image and save as to download an image?
If so, does it make a difference if the image is the small or full size?
I did try this and it worked but wasn't sure if it was the right way.
It didn't show under my name that I had downloaded any photos.
I am new to getting photos on the internet so this is probably a stupid Q.

2. crisderaud6 February 2010, 22:14 GMT +01:00

Click the small thumbnail and you will get a page with a larger version of the picture and the description information.

Click the larger version of the image on the description page and you will get a full page view with just the picture.

Right click on the full sized picture and choose "save picture as.." and the download box will appear where you can choose the destination folder and change the image name from the default inventory code name to one you will easily recognize.

You can right click on the smaller sizes to download them, but we highly recommend that you download the full-sized image to get the full image file and the highest image quality. Resize the full-sized (full resolution) image with your image software on your computer.

We have many free image editing and resizing software listed in the Software section of the forum.

3. lennie7 February 2010, 0:16 GMT +01:00

I guess we'll be changing the text, because "Photos downloaded" isn't very clear.

"Photos downloaded" just refers to his/her images that were downloaded.

If you upload an image and it gets approved, it will be put in your gallery, people can find it on the site and download it. That's what gets counted.

Not the number of images people download from other users.

4. xymonau8 February 2010, 11:44 GMT +01:00

An easy mistake to make. I nearly tripped up on that, thinking the techs had started counting the images I have downloaded. Lennie, maybe "gallery downloads" or something like that?

5. xymonau8 February 2010, 11:47 GMT +01:00

And re the question, downloading the smaller pictures will only get you a small picture. It will be no larger than what you see. The method Cris mentioned is the way to get the full sized version. And welcome to RGB, Michael!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera