Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > EASTER COMPETITION!

EASTER COMPETITION!

1. xymonau25 February 2010, 3:07 GMT +01:00

Get your cameras clicking, and drag out your graphics tablets, because you are about to compete in the first RGBstock Easter Competition! The winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock.

Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.

Opening date : Friday February 26
Closing date : Friday March 19

Here are the rules:

1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 megapixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.

2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:

for photographs - comphot01
for graphics - comgrap01

This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry.

3. The theme is EASTER, and everything that relates to it. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. Passover images will also be accepted. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that your peers will be voting, and the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.

4. You may post up to ten entries in total. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You can not enter any images that are already posted here or elsewhere.

5. The Prize - display of the winning entries on our front page. And a lot of fun.

6. Voting - Every member of RGBstock (uploader or downloader) is allowed three votes. We will ensure this is done honestly, so if you cast more votes, none of your votes will be counted. Each vote carries the same weight. It is best to wait until the last day of the competition before you vote, as once they are cast, you can't change them.

To vote, type the keyword, "comphot01" or "comgrap01" into the search box. The images that are found are the entries. Look through them all, make your decision, then type this into the comment box on the image:

Xymonau (naturally, use your tag) - 1 vote Easter Competition

After the closing date, several people will check the tally for accuracy. The winner will be announced soon after in the General Chat Forum. In the event of a tie, you must engage in hand to hand combat in an arena of your choice. Or I guess we could post both images.

Yes, one person could win both categories. And because the winner will be chosen by popular vote in an open forum, admins can enter, too! What are you waiting for?

26. weirdvis12 March 2010, 11:08 GMT +01:00

Mine's in. I might make other contributions. Depends on how much time I have.

27. micromoth13 March 2010, 14:05 GMT +01:00

Mine are in too. Good luck one and all!

28. xymonau14 March 2010, 1:02 GMT +01:00

We've had our first disqualification in the competition. The person flagrantly posted images that were too small for the requirements, and I had to kick her out. It was me! ROFL! Someone kindly pointed out the size of my images, and they were absolutely right. I made the rules and didn't bother to check! I'll try to make more images, or post larger versions. Sorry peeps!

29. weirdvis14 March 2010, 1:10 GMT +01:00

Never trust anyone with suspect soup and a pointy stick...

30. weirdvis14 March 2010, 1:14 GMT +01:00

It should be easy enough to resize them. Especially the one with the cute little chickie in the shell.

31. fishmonk14 March 2010, 22:48 GMT +01:00

Lets hope there are more images coming in, including resized versions of those which blatantly flouted the clearly stated rules.

Closing date this Friday, midnight, I presume (but who's time?)...

32. xymonau15 March 2010, 2:29 GMT +01:00

ROFL!

Well, I guess American time, as they're always the last.

33. mzacha15 March 2010, 12:05 GMT +01:00

GMT! ;) So, Londinium one ;P.

34. crisderaud15 March 2010, 16:41 GMT +01:00

Alas, here is the International Dateline http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/International_Date_Line.png

You can see that excluding Alaska and Hawaii that Fresno California is last.

Midnight Pacific Standard Time should be the official cut-off. That would be 08:00 GMT.

35. fishmonk15 March 2010, 21:24 GMT +01:00

@ 34 Fresno doesn't appear on that map. Does that mean you don't get a midnight?

Can we know what time it is (comparatively) where the images are approved? That way we can be sure of an approval date of Friday - even if it's saturday where we live... if that makes sense?

36. scottsnyde17 March 2010, 5:01 GMT +01:00

Don't give up on me. I am fully intending to put in images in the photo and the graphic competitions. I promise.

37. xymonau17 March 2010, 8:17 GMT +01:00

You'd better, Scott! Or the forum police will be calling...

Dan, two approvers are in Great Britain, and one in Holland.

38. jimdaly9817 March 2010, 18:45 GMT +01:00

Aren't the forum police tied up over on SXC. I was sure I'd tied them up before I logged out.

39. fishmonk17 March 2010, 20:29 GMT +01:00

@37- thanks.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera