Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > SXC next?

SXC next?

1. sundstrom27 February 2010, 21:13 GMT +01:00

As many of you guys I'm missing the good times with SXC and hope rgbstock will grow to replace. I was just provoced on SXC, I uploaded two carefully rendered pictures maybe a month ago and they just got rejected while I see a general trend of lowering the quality of photos accepted on SXC. They used to be very justifibly picky in many respects but now, as an example, they accept a coastline photo with 10 degree tilt of the horizon.

My guess was that they tried to differentiate against iStockPhoto to make the latter look better and to push all SXC users towards iStockPhoto. Not surprisingly they got mad and locked the thread.

http://www.sxc.hu/forums/topic/17169

After the message about SXP, SXC is probably next.

2. xymonau28 February 2010, 1:05 GMT +01:00

Lars, sadly, I think you might be correct.

But RGB is going to be the biggest and best, in time, and we have good people who know what they don't ever want to happen. We may not have a lot of downloads yet, but considering that we have been "open for business" since only January 4, we have soared ahead, and the downloaders are increasing daily.

3. weirdvis28 February 2010, 19:51 GMT +01:00

I have noticed a small but perceptable increase in the rate of downloads lately. It's happening people! The message is spreading. :D

4. saavem28 February 2010, 22:13 GMT +01:00

I agree Lynne

5. hapekla3 March 2010, 17:48 GMT +01:00

I've made the same experience: All my last photos were rejected with the same statement clearly as a matter of routine. And I agree, that the quality gets more and more lower. People shall buy photos out of Getty comp.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera