Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > seventies Asahi Pentax

seventies Asahi Pentax

1. jazza10 March 2010, 22:34 GMT +01:00

I found an old Asahi Pentax camera. I used to be my fathers camera. He bought it in the seventies. There still is a film roll inside. I wonder if there are any images on it. Would it be any good to develop this film ? I don't know.

2. johnnyberg11 March 2010, 9:55 GMT +01:00

Why not try to see if something is on it...? I would have. The lens might be a M42 then - and many of the M42's are highly useable; just see eBay for selections and prices.

I have a few Asahi takumar lenses - and sometimes uses them for stock-photo too. The takumar 135mm f/3,5 is one of my favorits. A wonderfull lens. Good image quality and build like a fine jewellery. Never tried a more smooth focusring than on the takumar 135mm.

3. jimdaly9811 March 2010, 18:19 GMT +01:00

Don't expect too much, the colours will probably be faded and may drift away from their original hues. It will be interesting to see what you get back.

I have fond memories of my Pentax outfit, based on an ME Super with a Pentax 50mm f/1.7 and an ME body. The lenses were Pentax 'K' fit and comprised a Sigma 28mm, a Pentax 40mm f/2.8 & a 70-150 Macro zoom. Together with a 2X converter, I got some lovely results. The only problem was the processing. You either paid large sums of money to a lab somewhere, or tried it yourself.

4. krayker11 March 2010, 19:08 GMT +01:00

Dont know how te film roll weathers there. Around these parts, its humid and and the film roll would survive long. i did however recover a film roll from a camera that was inside for more than 2-3 years, and the images were intact, although i had written off chances of recovering that roll. i would try developing that particular one out of sheer curiosity!

5. jazza11 March 2010, 21:33 GMT +01:00

It is a Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens and a Sigma zoom lens. The photos are probably some holiday shots from the nineties. I will process the film one of these days. I keep you informed.

6. jazza5 April 2010, 10:35 GMT +02:00

I got the photos from the old film at last. They are not old after all. There are some holiday shots from my parents in Austria. Maybe five or six years old.

7. mzacha6 April 2010, 10:17 GMT +02:00

But still fun. I love to watch an old photos made before the digital era. They are so different! Not only the technique, but people, haircuts, cars, buildings, everything...

8. jazza6 April 2010, 22:00 GMT +02:00

Yes, love those old photos too. It is a bit sad. It must be the photos of my parents last holiday in Austria. Now they are locked up in an 'Altersheim' (home for elderly people)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera