Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > If a million dollars was a single pixel....

If a million dollars was a single pixel....

1. crisderaud15 March 2010, 19:17 GMT +01:00

...look at the size of the debt in the US and other interesting amounts in this telltale graphic.

http://i.imgur.com/C5hAo.gif

2. GerbenVanErkelens15 March 2010, 22:47 GMT +01:00

I wanted to say lol at first, but this is kinda depressing. How is it possible that so much money is getting lost?

3. lennie16 March 2010, 2:18 GMT +01:00

It's not lost, it's spent. ;-) A lot of it is spent on war, afganistan, irak and so on. Also before these wars, they already had a very large dept.

But to be honest, the US is pretty much broke. Even though a lof of goods are made and bought in China from the US, more money flows from China to the US instead of the other way around. They are buying on credit.

Someone somewhere mentioned, soon they will tag new borns in the US with: property of China. So maybe they were not made in China, they are owned by China.

The US is a mess, as you may know, elections are not very democratic in the US anymore. It's mostly about money and funding. To campaign for an election, you need money, lots of money. They get donations, a large part comes from corporations, but they have demands.

4. xymonau16 March 2010, 5:26 GMT +01:00

What they are doing now - and a lot of nations do the same - is they are printing more money, even though there is nothing to back it up. That way, the nations end up being controlled by those to whom they owe most. We think we elect our governments, but it doesn't matter who is in power, the wealthy and powerful own us. The Trilateral Commission is the most recent secretive organisation that is bringing about so much change, and undermining the wealthy nations.

5. GerbenVanErkelens16 March 2010, 8:27 GMT +01:00

Well, isn't it time for people to demonstrate against these kind off situations? I mean if they look into it closely they see they're getting f*@#'ed.
I think I would grasp anything to complain! I mean 29 Million people without a job! How the H can they live their lives then

6. xymonau16 March 2010, 10:23 GMT +01:00

It's hard to argue with those who have the army. Look at Tianamen Square. Our society is just as regimented. The difference is they let us protest, and then tell us we're free, and completely ignore the wishes of the people.

I didn't read the page as the printing was too small for me to see it properly. The fact is, lots of people happily live their lives knowing others are starving. Would you give all your excess money to feed the starving? Most of us don't or won't. I'm currently jobless, and as my money runs out (it's almost gone now), I begin to panic. I have some options, and many friends who would help, so I have resources in that way. But the employment situation here for a middle aged woman who has spent the majority of her career working with homeless men is very limited. Do you think the leaders of my country are concerned about me? No way.

7. GerbenVanErkelens16 March 2010, 13:29 GMT +01:00

No they aren't I think. We have the same in NL. And that's why it's importent to have some good friends around who will help you out.

But I don't understand, why don't you get a own company Photographing people? Your pictures and graphics are good, so that wouldn't be a problem.

8. xymonau17 March 2010, 7:05 GMT +01:00

Gerben, I really appreciate the vote of confidence. I am thinking something along those lines, but I'm really just mediocre. First, I have to find somewhere to live.

I'm lucky to have options.

9. GerbenVanErkelens17 March 2010, 15:21 GMT +01:00

But Mediocre often gets the job done, although I don't agree fully with you. I'm mediocre to, maybe worse. But's a learning process and the curve always goes up :).

And as we say here: After rain comes sunshine

10. xymonau18 March 2010, 3:37 GMT +01:00

...and mosquitoes. LOL You're a good man, Gerben.

11. GerbenVanErkelens18 March 2010, 10:10 GMT +01:00

gheghe, forgot about the mosquitoes :P

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera