Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Error 99 in my Canon 40D

Error 99 in my Canon 40D

1. saavem22 March 2010, 20:52 GMT +01:00

12 days left for 2 years old, my Canon, my most appreciated technology is not working.
I'm so sad.......... I'm so worried........... 45 days is the minimum period to return to me........
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
I wish for myself the best luck with Canon Service Assistance.
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

26. saavem12 April 2010, 15:33 GMT +02:00

I'm sorry about your real nightmare! Have you other lenses?

27. jonfletch13 April 2010, 1:40 GMT +02:00

Yes, got a standard kit lens and a zoom, but it is really frustrating, I am going walking next week and wanted to keep things light, exactly why I bought the 18-200! Nevermind

28. crisderaud13 April 2010, 4:43 GMT +02:00

Jon, I am really sorry to hear about your equipment problems. That lens gets a pretty good rating and I would like to have one as a walk-around lens.
Review: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-18-200mm-f-3.5-5.6-IS-Lens-Review.aspx

I haven't heard people complain that Photoshop Elements 8 slows their computers. Here is a source for everything about Adobe Photoshop Elements:
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/

PhotoShop has performance option settings under Edit>Preferences>performance

Perhaps there is a performance work-around that you can find at the Elements Users site.

29. xymonau13 April 2010, 9:02 GMT +02:00

I'm sorry that has happened, Jon. It's so frustrating to be without everything you normally use. Is the lens under warranty?

30. lennie13 April 2010, 17:22 GMT +02:00

I've seen Photoshop Elements a few times a long time ago, I think it has the same kind of setting, you need to have enough free space on your harddisk and have the settings to allow the Photoshop temporary files to grow. If I remember correctly.

Maybe your harddisk (partition) is full ?

31. weirdvis13 April 2010, 18:27 GMT +02:00

@25 Major bummer! :0(

As far as Adobe is concerned, I had better luck when I upgraded my graphics card and stuck in a second hard drive dedicated to graphics.

Hope you get stuff sorted out, particularly your lens.

32. crisderaud13 April 2010, 21:41 GMT +02:00

I bought a high-end nVidia chip (9400 series) on a low end board that was really inexpensive. I combined it with the fastest DDR2 184-pin ram from G.Skill and now my computer flies pretty good with Windows 7 installed. I got the hardware from Newegg for less than 200 bucks.

The next thing I'm getting is the CS5 upgrade because it is totally awesome.

I found that when you don't have a car, you can dump your money into your computer instead. That works for me. I do the work myself too so there is no labor fee.

33. jonfletch14 April 2010, 3:02 GMT +02:00

Thanks for the advice everyone. The lens in under warranty, but I bought it in Toronto when I was on holiday in October and the warranty is not international. Canon UK have said they would repair as a good will gesture, but only it if I could supply a copy of the store receipt, I didn't keep it, only the warranty. I am trying to get the store to give me a copy now.

I'll get a friend to look at Elements and the above suggestions for me, he understands these things better than I do!

Tripod is fixed!

34. saavem14 April 2010, 8:42 GMT +02:00

Good luck with the store receipt!

35. jonfletch25 April 2010, 0:24 GMT +02:00

Spare parts for tripod arrived and I have fixed it.
Receipt arrived from Canada and Canon very kindly fixed it free of charge despite there being no international warantee.
The tablet just started working.
Elements seems to be a lot faster now, just waiting for my mate to come round.

Just need to work on the photography...

36. crisderaud25 April 2010, 1:08 GMT +02:00

All good news Jon. Great to hear things are working.

37. saavem25 April 2010, 12:35 GMT +02:00

Great news Jon! I'm happy you have your equipment ready!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera