Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > faster change of front page images

faster change of front page images

1. lusi12 April 2010, 14:34 GMT +02:00

Even though one of my photos is on the front page at this moment, I think that it would be better to change this two photos faster (if it is not too much trouble), for example each week. Not only that more photographers will have the opportunity (and joy) to see their image on the front page but it also gives more dynamic to the site - when you open the site and see a new photo, you know it is very active. Well, that is only my humble opinion...

2. fishmonk12 April 2010, 20:56 GMT +02:00

I like the idea of changing the smaller on weekly, on the same day of the week (something to look forward to). Wondering if weekly is too frequent for the larger one...

Undecided, UK

3. saavem12 April 2010, 22:08 GMT +02:00

I like the Sanja idea!

4. xymonau13 April 2010, 1:57 GMT +02:00

Perhaps even a regular selection of images for the small window, scrolling as the Easter winners did. Or a selection from a chosen gallery might be better. It gives more exposure, and you can put a blurb with the gallery link beside it.

5. xymonau13 April 2010, 2:01 GMT +02:00

The main photo is probably not so easy. You have to have something of really high quality that immediately catches the eye, and that looks good with the forum colours. It's the first thing people see, and that is a decider on whether this site has quality images or not. However, I'm all for getting out images seen as much as possible. Beside each large thumbnail there are now links to Stumble Upon, etc. If you find an image that has the "Wow" factor, and it also looks great in the large version, remember to link it.

6. crisderaud13 April 2010, 15:11 GMT +02:00

We would need to stockpile some images in queue so they could be swapped out easily. Perhaps if we had a way to submit images for consideration then everyone could get in on it and select the "People's Choice' for the spot.

7. krayker13 April 2010, 19:30 GMT +02:00

true, a different image or rotating set of images is always nice. agree with dez - the mainimage needs to look good on the site (composition), it also needs to be catchy and fit the wide aspect. so it's going to have a few rules- but that said, we surely might have more than a few high quality images!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera