Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

12074. Ayla8727 March 2016, 8:54 GMT +02:00

Lynne, I really feel no other than the mentioned positive side effects of Botox. Maybe this has to do with the tiny quantities in which it is injected. These quantities are called Mouse units. I get 197 MUs every three month. A MU is the dosis which would be lethal for a mouse.

Dez, why everybody reacts differently to the same amounts of drugs is a very fascinating subject for me, too. I belong to those where many drugs show very little effect, especially as far as the migraine is concerned. And no doctor can explain why this is so. They only say that everyone reacts differently and try out some more variations of the drugs and hope they help better. It is certainly not easy to find out why the effects differ so much. Some people have explicit gene defects which result in most drugs being absorbed not at all. But I have never been tested this way.

Meat

has a lot of side effects, too. I eat very little of it to avoid them. No need to get fatter and fatter.

12075. xymonau28 March 2016, 9:04 GMT +02:00

You can

tame

many things, but not biological difference. Yesterday I took a dose of a new tablet. It's supposed to be a fluid tablet, and I was very nervous about trying it. It did make me feel unwell, although not too severely, but it didn't remove the fluid! I've had another kind in the past and was racing to the toilet all day, but this did nothing. I am supposed to take a low dose for a week then increase it. I think I'll increase it sooner just to see if it works and if I can tolerate it. Better yet, I should just avoid all added salt. We need some, but very little, and processed foods are full of it. I don't want to take a drug that I don't need.

12076. Ayla8728 March 2016, 11:55 GMT +02:00

I agree it would nearly

take

a wonder to overcome biological difference. But I think I would feel better when I knew if there is a specific reason why so many drugs seem to have no effect at all. It's a pity that those questions are so hard to answer.

Over here the recommendation is to eat not more than 6 g salt daily. And that is really not much. Processed foods are full of it, and even bread belongs to those. Luckily I seem not to react strongly on salt, too. Some of the high blood pressure patients are rather salt sensitive. My blood pressure is tamed quite well with a daily pill.

I hope easter is going fine for you. I heard that easter rabbits are not bringing the eggs in your country because you prefer Bilbys to do that work. Did you know that their German name Kaninchennasenbeutler means something like rabbitnosemarsupial?

12077. xymonau28 March 2016, 13:05 GMT +02:00

I love German! Such long, but descriptive words. However, bilbies have long ears like a rabbit, but long pointy noses. We have mostly rabbits, I promise. Some years ago - maybe fifteen or so - the Save the Bilby fund decided to try to market them as a substitute for the Easter bunny, in order to raise funds as they are a threatened species (one of the two species became extinct in the 1950s). They got a company to make chocolate bilbies and they sold some. They never really took off, but have been a small part of the supermarket landscape at Easter ever since. Part of the profit goes back to supporting research, etc. Unfortunately, Cadbury's has jumped on the bandwagon of making them, but Cadbury's doesn't donate anything to the Save the Bilby fund. Lousy pigs, really, but what can you do? They see a profit, and they don't mention the fact that theirs will not help wildlife. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bilby

tare

12078. Ayla8729 March 2016, 6:33 GMT +02:00

I love Cadbury's chocolate. It's a pity that they don't

care

do donate anything for the Bilbys. They look really cute.

12079. xymonau30 March 2016, 5:55 GMT +02:00

They prefer to

rake

in the profits for themselves. It is another hot day here = 31C. I shouldn't complain, because it is bearable. But I wish the heat would go - so I can complain about the cold! LOL The nights have been a lot cooler, thankfully. Is it getting warmer where you are?

12080. Ayla8730 March 2016, 7:08 GMT +02:00

spring is trying to

wake

up slowly here, but it is not very warm, yet (around 15 °C). Fresh buds are popping up everywhere on trees and bushes now.

12081. gesinek31 March 2016, 18:53 GMT +02:00

15°C? I think I have to move to Berlin. At the weekend we should get those temperatures and more.
I have to

rake

my little garden on the roof of the car port. So I can't move to Berlin. I stay here even if it rains or snows.

12082. Ayla871 April 2016, 6:27 GMT +02:00

Yes, I've heard too that the north is currently the coldest part of our country. But have no

fear

things will get better. A warm spring time may give us a chance that the summer wil be not too hot this year. We'll see...

12083. xymonau1 April 2016, 20:29 GMT +02:00

fair

weather may be on the way for us all - at least for a time. :o)

12084. Ayla873 April 2016, 8:16 GMT +02:00

There is no bad wheather, you can only have the wrong clothing.

The weekend equals to a

pair

of days off work, which is a nice thing, too.

12085. xymonau3 April 2016, 9:18 GMT +02:00

I'd like to

ramp

up my weekends because now I'm out of work, all the days are much the same. LOL

12086. Ayla874 April 2016, 6:20 GMT +02:00

Maybe on weekends you can go to a nice

camp

to have some change in your rhythmn. The problem with endless everyday-weekends is certainly that you get used to them.

12087. xymonau4 April 2016, 8:37 GMT +02:00

I just have to

pace

myself at the moment. My blood pressure is off the scale - up and down - and it is a real pain. I'm off to the supermarket in a minute. That should be exciting! LOL Well, it will be. We are out of bread. :0)

12088. Ayla874 April 2016, 9:04 GMT +02:00

I find it astonishing that you are noticing changes in blood pressure so well. Maybe it has more to do with your circulation being affected. I have high blood pressure and take a pill against it every day, but I don't notice it.

What kind of bread do you eat usually? Ours is quite dark like this
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mTAjEUG/

Do you tend to

pack

spontaneous buys into your shopping cart? We resist as good as we can - a nice way to save money.

12089. xymonau4 April 2016, 16:14 GMT +02:00

I have a sphygmomanometer. I wasn't really using it recently, then I went to the doctor to get my echo results, and he took it. It was something like 213 over 70 and he told me if it was still more than 200 an hour after going straight home, to call an ambulance. LOL Fortunately it dropped, and I filled up on meds. I've been taking it regularly and it has been really high too often for comfort. I think it has been for a long time. I get really angry and irritable when it's high, I've noticed. But I can't tell. I have to test it.

I can't swallow anything too rough these days, so I often get white. I love a nice heavy wholemeal with lots of grains. There's a nine grain one that tastes good. I like light rye, but almost never buy it. Some of them have milk as an ingredient here. There's a soy and linseed loaf that ALDI makes, and I like the flavour of that. It's not as difficult to eat, so I buy that sometimes - when I go to ALDI, which isn't all the time. I don't eat a lot of bread, but I do in binges. Sometimes I'm on a salad sandwich craze, and I'll eat a lot then. I almost never use butter or margarine, but sometimes if I'm craving something sweet, I'll have some margarine and honey on fresh bread or toast. The nicest bread I ever tasted was a white loaf made at a Vietnamese bakery in Brisbane. They follow the French style with bread. I worked at a clinic, and one of the other counsellors would always bring a loaf to work. It was to die for! The crust was crisp, not tough, and the yeasty flavour was just perfect. They used to sell out by 9am every day, often earlier. I used to sometimes drive across town just to buy a loaf, but then they moved. *sigh*

I did buy too much. I went shopping hungry, which is always my downfall. I hadn't eaten at all, so I bought far too much. I came home and demolished a stack of grapes first, to get my blood sugar up. They were so nice. I'm going to try to have mostly plant foods to work on my blood pressure, and I'm cutting out any added salt where possible. I'm a bit weak and am likely to not stick to it completely, but I have to do something.

peck

12090. Ayla875 April 2016, 7:00 GMT +02:00

Thanks for your peck, but don't give it to my

neck

because I'm too ticklish there.

I have two sphygmomanometers, one at work and one at home so that I don't have to carry them around all the time. I measure my blood pressure twice a day (morning and evening) and note every value in a little notebook (an analogue one, I don't have a digital notebook). I've learned that pills to stabilise the blood pressure must be taken regularly (daily), otherwise they will lose their effect. I get angry sometimes, too, but I have no idea if that corresponds with high blood pressure.

The one thing we buy most regularly at ALDI ist Mimis favourite cat food, which is quite cheap there luckily.

Bread, especially freshly baked one, still warm from the oven, is always a heart-warming pleasure. At one indian restaurant we got a freshly baked naan bread which was filled with fresh cilantro. I remember that very fondly. Very spicy, a real pleasure.

When you are shopping hungry you will end up having a hungry purse, too. That should not become a hobby of yours.

12091. xymonau5 April 2016, 10:06 GMT +02:00

heck!

I would never peck your neck! LOL I have been almost good. I had a bit of chicken on some fresh rolls last might after the grapes, but today I'm having all plant based, with a big pot of veggies for my evening meal. My blood pressure is not too bad, although my other medication raises it a lot. I'm not adding any salt.

Naan bread is nice, but I've only eaten it a couple of times.

12092. Ayla875 April 2016, 10:45 GMT +02:00

With a big pot of veggies you deserve to have a nice time in your

deck

chair. As far as measuring blood pressure is concerned I must admit that I'm a bit too impatient to make it really, really reliable. To do that you have to sit down quietly for several minutes befor you let your sphygmomanometer do its work. This would cost me several minutes of my lifetime twice a day. I'm not really willing to invest so much. That would easily sum up to hours during one year. I constantly monitor my blood pressure already for about 10 years... Doing it my way I have to live with certain inaccuracys of my noted values. But even when I go to a doctor to get my blood pressure measured by him (which I do at least once a year) he doesn't have (or take) the time to let me sit around for several minutes before he starts. We live in an imperfect world ;-)

12093. gesinek5 April 2016, 12:03 GMT +02:00

My blood pressure is also too high. But my doctor said I should only measure it when I feel bad or I think it could be too high. But not regulary. I should do some more sports to loose weight then it will be better again. But I sit in front of my

desk

and do some office work when I'm not at work in hospital.

12094. Ayla875 April 2016, 12:18 GMT +02:00

It is a pity that typing funny things (like four-lettered words)

does

not count as sports.

12095. xymonau5 April 2016, 14:57 GMT +02:00

LOL, Michael.

Gesine, cutting out meat and salty foods for a month or so will lower it. Plus cut right down on anything with caffeine. I just have to do it because the medication doesn't agree with me. Even fluid tablets don't work for me, though I can be puffed up with fluid. Do you take medication? The only things I've ever been able to tolerate are beta-blockers, but they slow my heart rate and make me chronically tired, so exercise is not desirable, plus, it doesn't get my heart rate up enough to benefit in that way. It certainly is better than not exercising.

I officially declare four letter words as exercise. There. Tell your doctors! Being a bit lighthearted has to lower your

dose

of meds. :o)

12096. Ayla876 April 2016, 6:24 GMT +02:00

I agree, four letter words are a good exercise for monitor workers. We move our

nose

up and down while we laugh. certainly this must burn some calories?

12097. xymonau6 April 2016, 6:48 GMT +02:00

some

people can move their ears that way, too. (me)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera