Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > What are YOU celebrating today?

What are YOU celebrating today?

1. pitabox98728 September 2010, 4:55 GMT +02:00

Well as it often goes I searched the forum, I was devastated to discover that a thread on this theme didn't exist! - So here goes!

I'm celebrating catching up with a friend I haven't seen in years! Yay!

If YOU have something to celebrate let the community know about it!

2. xymonau28 September 2010, 11:47 GMT +02:00

My boss has agreed in principle to putting air conditioning in the office at work. It may take a while, but hopefully it will happen before the weather here gets worse.

3. crisderaud28 September 2010, 18:47 GMT +02:00

Getting my stolen bike back. I've had it it tuned up with new tires installed too.

Now I float like the wind!

4. fishmonk28 September 2010, 21:50 GMT +02:00

@3 You must have very thoughtful criminals in the US. In the UK they would never put new tyres on (!?)... Seriously - Glad you got it back.

Celebrating my eldest daughter's new life starting in the far east. We'll miss her.

5. pitabox98729 September 2010, 4:29 GMT +02:00

Great to hear you got your bike back Cris!

@4: LOL about the tyres!

I'm celebrating both the approval of a new image (I hope people find it useful!), and the purchase of a Depeche Mode album (Sounds so good!) for my "collection"!

Munkey.

6. Berenika30 September 2010, 10:35 GMT +02:00

wow so optimistic I like it!
today all boys in Poland (I don't know if any other countries too) have got good reason to celebrate - this is their day! We are preparing small gifts for our boys
( even they actually do not attend kindergarten from more then 40 years...) - this is not only for a children :-)
So best wishes to you all here :-)

7. xymonau30 September 2010, 12:39 GMT +02:00

We have Father's day, but not a day for boys. I hope you balance it out with a day for girls, too! :)

8. Berenika30 September 2010, 12:51 GMT +02:00

@7 Of course Dez, we do! 8.03 is for girls! We have got also Father's Day, Mother's Day, Grandmother and Grandfather's Day, Teacher's Day - any reason is good to celebrate :-)
Norwegians probably think in the same way, because today we have got here in Norway "farikal day"
this is traditional dish , prepared from lamb meat and cabbage - very easy to do - you need just meat, some pepper, salt, cabbage and water - should be served with boiled potatoes - I have try to do it few days ago and it's nice ;-)))
that is the way to celebrate season for lamb meat here
for those who are interested - link with instruction, please use translator or just watch what this buddy is doing and do the same :-)
http://dinmat.bt.no/Finn-oppskrifter/Oppskrifter/Middag/Kjøtt/Lam/Fårikål2

9. xymonau30 September 2010, 14:17 GMT +02:00

Lamb stew with cabbage - sounds delicious. Lamb is my favourite meat. I prefer it roasted with roast potatoes, roast pumpkin, greens of some sort, and gravy. Better than a date with Tom Cruise.

10. micromoth30 September 2010, 14:41 GMT +02:00

@10. I quite agree. A date is only one mouthful, or two at most. Lol!

I'm celebrating my wife recovering so well from a very bad illness.

11. crisderaud30 September 2010, 17:02 GMT +02:00

@9 So you dropped Matt Damon for Tom Cruise? Or maybe lamb stew with cabbage is not better than a date with Matt Damon. Suppose Matt took you to dinner where they serve roasted lamb with potatoes??

I'm celebrating Pat Burrell's homer last night that brings the SF Giants one step closer to being the NL West Champs in this final week of MLB's regular season.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=sf

12. crisderaud30 September 2010, 17:20 GMT +02:00

@10 Glad to hear she is doing well.

13. xymonau1 October 2010, 2:39 GMT +02:00

Kevin, that's excellent!

Cris, there was a series of ads in this country about people giving up a date with Tom Cruise for a lamb dinner. Peter will understand.

Matt Damon is my poster boy, still. *sigh*

14. weirdvis1 October 2010, 8:46 GMT +02:00

@9 A slug sandwich is better than a date with Tom Cruise...

@10 Kevin, that's one of the best reasons to celebrate I can think of. Hope the recovery is a swift one.

15. pitabox9872 October 2010, 4:19 GMT +02:00

Hey hey! it's raining (AGAIN!) in Armidale, NSW Australia!

While the farmers may celebrate I still gotta' walk in the stuff!

Rain + Wind = Frozen Hair!

@14 A slug sandwich is the best you can come up with Wolfie? - More like a slug burrito! (en masse, of course!) *evil laff*

16. crisderaud2 October 2010, 14:46 GMT +02:00

For you Peter, we have the banana slug croissant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Two_Banana_Slugs.jpg

You don't even have to deal with Tom Cruise to get yours.

17. micromoth2 October 2010, 18:21 GMT +02:00

@12, 13, 14 Thanks for your good wishes. In celebration of my wife being well enough to travel once again, we're off to Madeira in a few day's time for a week's rest and sunshine. Though I am taking my camera... :-)

18. pitabox9873 October 2010, 3:17 GMT +02:00

@16 where's my banana slug soufflé? Yum, yum!!!

Note: any damages claims from individuals attempting to prepare and consume the "banana slug soufflé" will be ignored. - This is a general health warning! *evil laff*

Secondly, Cris where do you come up with these ideas?

Munkey.

19. crisderaud3 October 2010, 4:16 GMT +02:00

The banana slug is the official mascot for University of California, Santa Cruz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California,_Santa_Cruz

It's indigenous to the Pacific Coastal region of California.

20. weirdvis3 October 2010, 5:18 GMT +02:00

@17 Looking forward to seeing the piccies. Have a lovely time both of you. :D

21. pitabox9873 October 2010, 5:56 GMT +02:00

@19 I don't know what I should feel. Have they inherited this mascot due to "sluggish" performance??? *evil laugh*

Mind you, I can't mock such a "delicacy" as the Banana slug! (Now with 8 essential vitamins and minerals!)

Munkey.

22. pitabox9873 October 2010, 6:02 GMT +02:00

@21 SLUGZILLA! — Walk away in fear of the giant mutant slug before it "assimilates" Manhatten! *terrified screams* the buildings cannot escape! They have no LEGS!!!

This is getting out of control...

-M.

23. xymonau3 October 2010, 7:24 GMT +02:00

I will take control, then. I am celebrating a successful and delicious apple pie and vegan custard. To die for, and I made them. I've had three helpings, and I care not!

Kevin, I hope you both have a good break. Nothing like a holiday to make you feel better - even if it's only to appreciate home! LOL

24. weirdvis3 October 2010, 10:28 GMT +02:00

Take care, Dezzie. Those banana slugs look like they could easily pass themselves off as custard slugs. Then, duhn duhn duhnnnn, no more vegan custard...

Looks around shiftily...

Splutch. Splutch. Splutch.

Whistle.

Hmmmmmm. What's this? The custard seems to be stirring itself...

25. xymonau3 October 2010, 13:35 GMT +02:00

Way to spoil a girl's day, madam!

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera