Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Polyvore and Re-distribution

Polyvore and Re-distribution

1. xymonau30 December 2010, 2:29 GMT +01:00

I am a bit sick of Polyvore playing fast and loose with my images. They offer them for download on their site - yes, for their purposes, but that's beside the point, as the downloads should be happening here, not there. Many images there are credited "sxc" instead of the owner's name. (I haven't found any RGB stock there yet.) It looks like they removed some of mine - although it's hard to tell if they aren't credited properly. Polyvore is getting a lot of cred on other sites now, and I think it's time they paid for their images, since they are making a mint out of the site. I have asked them to remove all my images. It will be interesting to see if they have any scruples - although re-distribution basically answers that question, and I have never ever been contacted by anyone from that site asking if it was okay to host my images.

2. tinneketin31 December 2010, 8:47 GMT +01:00

They already have used a lot of images from me too whitout asking

3. xymonau1 January 2011, 12:45 GMT +01:00

They acted quickly, and as far as I can tell, all my images have been removed. I don't mind polyvore users using them, but they are not to be stored there and offered for redistribution.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera