Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 seasons on 45 seconds

4 seasons on 45 seconds

1. jimdaly9817 February 2011, 18:39 GMT +01:00

Stumbled across this one - thought you might like it.

338. xymonau23 April 2011, 16:11 GMT +02:00

It would be a brave man that takes on a goose the size of those in the park. I have never tasted goose. Had a small taste of duck once and it was disgusting. I brought the goosey home for a pet. I'm hoping it's the magic one and I'll get a golden egg or three.

339. happyture23 April 2011, 16:23 GMT +02:00

What was the packet of stuffing for then splane that,, magic goose,,,you bean reading too many nursery rhyme books to the tiny cleaners?

340. xymonau24 April 2011, 2:39 GMT +02:00

Stuffing goes well with Nutolene - all of the flavour and none of the dying screams.

Yes, I read nursery rhymes. Doesn't everybody? But I'm darned if I can locate a purveyor of magic beans. I've been told I can find them in the seedier parts of the big smoke. I'm going to put on my best frilly dress an' head off. I just want a beanstalk to get high off the ground an' find the real golden goose.

341. happyture24 April 2011, 10:03 GMT +02:00

Thats it Dezzmerellda and you say im mad? at least with me its only Badger thats mad... mind that frilly dress does look very you know? you know? what have you got under those frills,,lets ava l@@k ...

342. xymonau24 April 2011, 10:31 GMT +02:00

SMACK!! Right across the ear'ole. I'm not THAT mad, young ruffian!

343. happyture24 April 2011, 11:56 GMT +02:00

Sorry Dezzie, Its just that I,m at a funny age,, you know in between 16 and 60 ?

344. xymonau24 April 2011, 12:49 GMT +02:00

I went back to the bird sanctuary today. Took lots of food and a friend, and two cameras. I still couldn't get the shots I wanted, but I got a few that look magical in the small version. I took 502 on one camera! 500 photos of ducks. That has to be a record. The one swan that I tried to get was so busy eating, he wouldn't look at the camera. but he did eat out of my friend's hand - well, almost. Lots of little corellas, ibis, water fowl - don't know their name, but they have big feet, teal and black ducks, the mob of geese - brown and white (I love the blue eyes on the white ones), a pair of black swans, black faced cuckoo shrikes - a whole bunch of gorgeous things. I now have no cereal based products left in my home. But it was nice. I'm getting addicted to feeding the birds, and I'm going to be like those city ladies that feed all the stray cats. I had to laugh - at one stage a flock of parrots flew overhead, and I turned really quickly, and in an awkward position, snapping away madly. my friend said he got dizzy just watching me! LOL I think I got a couple of usable pics out of that. And a slipped disc, but who's complaining?

345. happyture24 April 2011, 14:26 GMT +02:00

Are you showing off,,are you? are you mmm, we got nice things in UKland, like Crows/black ravens/black blackbirds/black magpies/black&white very few birds with colour maybe goldfinch, bullfinch, linnet, Yeah,,Englands Drab,,Drab,Drab,Drab,,,While Oztralia is magically painted by god ,,think England was his dunny!!!

346. xymonau24 April 2011, 14:49 GMT +02:00

No, not showing off. A lot of our birds are black and white, too. And super tame, to boot. I just enjoyed them, that's all. England has robins and other lovely creatures. Every country has its magical natural side. Anyway, the geese - I have discovered - are American! LOL Pilgrim geese. The females are brown and the males are white. I thought they were different breeds, and I thought it was odd that they were hanging out together.

I'm off to bed soon. Have a lovely day, Mikey.

347. happyture24 April 2011, 15:15 GMT +02:00

I shall Dezzie, the suns shining the birds are singing i cant help but have a good day... night night ... :O)

348. xymonau25 April 2011, 0:23 GMT +02:00

Another day in rainy Queensland. But it's okay, and there is blue peeking through the clouds, so we will have some nice patches! I have been able to have a lot more time away from the workplace than I expected, so I feel very lucky. It's Anzac Day here, as well as Easter Monday, so I guess it could be called a profound public holiday!

Yesterday my neighbour - a young woman - knocked on my door and gave me a handful of chocolate Easter eggs. She was aplologising for the previous night. Apparrently she had been drinking, and one of her friends made noise throwing something in my bin, and other things. She was worried that they had frightened me. (You can tell you're getting old when people think they have frightened you and are apologetic! LOL) I thought that was so sweet. She'a a lovely girl, and that was so thoughtful. My previous neighbours from hell are now a distant memory, thankfully!

349. happyture25 April 2011, 7:52 GMT +02:00

Do you mean Anorak Day dear,,mmm, and here's me thinking Oztralia was all sun and bikini's,,, and its rain and Anorak's.....

You lucky lady you,,Now, Here's the trick, after her coming to yours with a handful of brown gold apologising, Today Knock on her door and say, The chocolate was lovely, hope your friend makes a noise tonight cuz i,m still hungry, then Hold the wrappers out like Oliver twist held his bowl out (remembering the sad expression) and ask for more, works every time.

350. xymonau25 April 2011, 9:55 GMT +02:00

There's a pattern emerging here, Mikey. You isn't harbouring a secret addicshun to chockerlet, is you?

351. happyture25 April 2011, 13:25 GMT +02:00

Spot on, you is spot on, i likes it you see, much as possible, my other hadicktion is Worcestershire sauce, eat it with everything, commonly known as lea and perrins. mmm, can taste it now yum yum...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce

352. xymonau25 April 2011, 13:57 GMT +02:00

Our local brand is Holbrooks. Same ingredients. I have a dreadful fear that you is going to say you likes them both together!

353. happyture25 April 2011, 17:27 GMT +02:00

Tell you Dezzie , I is a greedy bugger, if it aint sat there looking at me on me plate,,I,ll eat it, dont like anything that squeals when you put a fork in it!!

354. xymonau26 April 2011, 1:02 GMT +02:00

Food is one of the joys of life. But I have had to give up normal chocolate because I can't have dairy products now. I found a white chocolate made with cocoa butter, and no milk, that is halfway passable, and I got stuck into that recently. I never really did eat that much chocolate. Just an occasional binge. I always preferred savoury foods.

Do you find your tastebuds dying as you get older? Mine are wearing out. That's why I don't mind worcestershire sauce these days. When I was younger, I thought it was ghastly. My sense of smell only works sometimes, and that spoils your food, too. However, working with homeless men, it has its advantages...

355. happyture26 April 2011, 6:27 GMT +02:00

Yes think your right you know, things did taste better when i was younger, but i put it down to the amount of processed food on the market now, looks lovely but tastes like cardboard, microwave meals cough *+***&&^ nasty, I didnt think that putting on a few years would also take away smell and taste ,,but thinking on Yeah your right, as to being a advantage when working with homeless men,,,Ha ha ha, your getting worse every day young dezzie, i tells ya...

356. xymonau26 April 2011, 10:13 GMT +02:00

You wouldn't laugh if you had encountered some of my past clients! XP

357. happyture26 April 2011, 10:56 GMT +02:00

Unsavoury bunch was they humm, should you tell them ? like, Oiii Smelly cant you find the soap? or, there's a strange smell in the air pongo! or haven't you paid the water bill, or do you keep logs in your bath then?

358. xymonau26 April 2011, 12:47 GMT +02:00

I once had to ask a man to leave because he simply refused to bath. I don't think he had bathed for years. He was so putrid that you couldn't be in the same room with him without nearly gagging. He was mentally ill, and really should have been hospitalised and forced to be hygienic. but instead, he was living on the streets and in parks, pushing his life around in a shopping trolley. He's only one of many like that.

Deinstitutionalisation has helped many, but harmed many, too. I believe they should keep the institutions, but have an open door policy, so people can come and go at will. Lots of unwell people would choose to keep a roof over their heads and comply with treatment.

359. happyture26 April 2011, 13:04 GMT +02:00

I agree 100% with you dezzie, Mind you Dezzie, i know a couple of people like that, including doctors and a vet who are/where highly intelligent people, suddenly lost the plot and hey presto unwashed/shaved down and outs, i often wonder what turns people like that, i mean i myself bath once a month whether i need to, or not :O)

360. xymonau26 April 2011, 13:43 GMT +02:00

It's usually the onset of mental illness, although sometimes it's alcoholism or drug addiction. Some people have a mild "breakdown" and never recover, even though they aren't psychotic. The same sun that melts wax, hardens clay, and some of life's challenges are just too much for some people, for whatever reason.

I am incredibly impressed with your personal hygiene.

361. happyture26 April 2011, 14:51 GMT +02:00

Well, I dont drink, Dont smoke, Dont take drugs, but i do bathe ever month scrubbbing everything with a scourer and carbolic soap,,, smell sweet :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera