Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

1. happyture18 February 2011, 9:34 GMT +01:00

Thanks, could of warned me though, as the shock has made me go all Funny-er than normal... :o)

1250. xymonau7 October 2011, 9:35 GMT +02:00

They told me - seriously - to keep away from children for 24 hours. It was really weird. The injection was nothing, then I had to sit for ages. Then they put me on a slab that was half my size, lifted me sky-wards, and I had to lie with my arms above my head for about 20 minutes. It was painful after a while. Then this big rotating thing started looming over me and making me slightly claustrophobic. After that, it was all over bar the shouting.

However, on Tuesday, I have the horrible stress test. I am very worried about it, and even more so now. They told me today that since my heart rate is so slow, they will fill me full of chemicals as well as do the tread mill. Only 1 in 30,000 dies, they reassure me. Then it's more radioactive dye, and off to the same machine, I think. At some point I am supposed to eat a fatty sandwich and have a glass of milk. Well, I am the most annoying patient. I don't eat ham or cheese, which was offered. And I can't drink milk. So instead, I don't get the free lunch, but have to bring my own! Not fair! The nurse who explained it to me lost me at one death in 30,000. I was going to ask where I was in the countdown, but thought it best not to. However, I never did fully understand about the fatty sandwich! LOL

I'm lucky I live in a society where all this is free, and I can have the treatment I need.

One thing I'm quite pleased about - I have lost about 3kgs. I am not dieting to lose weight, but going vegan automatically does that if you don't eat much processed food, and cut out added sugar and oils. I do have one spoon of sugar occasionally in a drink or something, but I have been really good. I hope the weight loss continues, and it might also mean my veins are beginning to clean themselves up. However, it's not my veins that are the problem - or at least, I don't know yet if they are also a problem.

Sorry to be boring. But it's kind of all-consuming today.

1251. happyture7 October 2011, 10:26 GMT +02:00

Oh dezzie your not boring me, its good to share these sort of things air them out, I can see that you are going through the mill a bit now and i know personally how these things are worrying, I sure that you will be fine, as for your weight loss of 3kgs thats fantastic in its self, i could do with loosing a stone or so myself really, you know Dezzie just to get back down to riding weight again :O) I have asked my god to look after you so you'll be fine, you'll be up and jogging before you know it!!

1252. xymonau8 October 2011, 11:09 GMT +02:00

Thanks, Mikey.

I slept most of today in a chair in the lounge. It was great! LOL But I'm feeling a bit seedy because of it now. I hope I get to sleep tonight.

Now, isn't it about time I abused you or somefin'? I don't want you gettin' too comfortable.

1253. happyture8 October 2011, 11:11 GMT +02:00

Ha yeah i,ll be thinking your going soft or sumfink,,,What about askin me did i know my dad again, or am i any relation to the gummy bears...

1254. xymonau8 October 2011, 11:18 GMT +02:00

I might just comment on your darling blue overalls.

1255. happyture8 October 2011, 13:41 GMT +02:00

Sexy aint they, juss wish me legs where longer, me inside leg is less than me waist,,,,

1256. xymonau8 October 2011, 15:40 GMT +02:00

You have the proportions of a toddler. Somethin' wrong wif you?

1257. happyture8 October 2011, 19:31 GMT +02:00

Mmmm, Think smokin stunted me growth, is it normal to have turn ups on your underpants?

1258. xymonau9 October 2011, 2:39 GMT +02:00

A lady would never discuss her underpants with a toddler.

1259. happyture9 October 2011, 10:04 GMT +02:00

Ha no of course not what was i thinking, well its sunday morning here a grey sky but at least its not raining, think i may go for a stroll later just to see what i can see..

1260. xymonau9 October 2011, 11:48 GMT +02:00

Our Sunday was utter bliss. The temperature got up to nearly 30C - a bit too hot for me, I'm afraid, but the night air is much cooler. Yesterday we had a big thunderstorm, so today was even more enjoyable as a contrast.

I'm sitting here eating, as usual. I got a bit carried away cooking roast veges, I'm afraid. I used almost no oil, so they're a bit dry, but delicious. I had pumpkin, two kinds of potato, onions, garlic, carrot, boiled purple carrot and beetroot, and buk choy and fresh asparagus.

A tad over the top, but I'm having only 2 meals most days, and I felt like a pig-out. I don't think I can eat a whole lot healthier. I made enough for a few meals at work this week. Actually, I made enough to feed half the population of my town, but it will keep.

I am really getting a lot of enjoyment out of my food these days. It took a few weeks to adjust. But I can feel those arteries scrubbing themselves as I type! LOL

Did you go for your walk? And what DID you see?

1261. happyture9 October 2011, 13:20 GMT +02:00

Well, no i didnt go for a walk, i spent a hour messing around in my studio, at the moment a friend has stored his computers in here and hundreds of cd,s dvd's boxes of miscellaneous objects, so i cant really get to do any photo work but,,,friends are more important and he is really stuck so,,,no macro/ studio work for the moment,, i must admit its 4 months now and withdraw symptoms are setting in :O)

1262. xymonau9 October 2011, 14:04 GMT +02:00

I just don't feel like taking photos. The urge has gone. I'm sure it will return, but every time I see something that might make a nice shot, I think, "nah".

So has the gear been there for 4 months? That's a long time. In your studio, do you just do macros, or do you do formal portraits as well?

1263. happyture9 October 2011, 14:47 GMT +02:00

Yes all his tack has been in there for 4 months,, No not just macro, but all sorts of things, i do get a few wanting passport photo's specially the ladies who like to get themselves looking juss perfect, i dont mind them taking ages getting ready, as long as they are 100% happy with the end result.

NoNo i can never say Nah to my best friend Nikon!

1264. xymonau9 October 2011, 16:18 GMT +02:00

I'm jealous of your skill. I'd love to have a little studio and learn to take better shots.

1265. happyture9 October 2011, 16:35 GMT +02:00

Dezzie, really dont,,,i,ll have to grease the door frames now just to get me head through,, Nah, its really easy if you have a room setup to do such things, couple of studio flashes backdrops and a good camerararar and away you go :O)

1266. xymonau9 October 2011, 23:58 GMT +02:00

So do you advertise in the paper or something?

1267. happyture10 October 2011, 0:31 GMT +02:00

No dont have to really word of mouth does it now i think, Just lately i have had some strange pay jobs, like taking people out of wedding shots, adding people to wedding shots, even removing a soother from a baby's mouth, i have to scan then photoshop the images, some take me hours to do, some take so long that i have to save them in sections unfinished, The latest is a gentleman has 2 children with two separate women, he is no longer with either women, in the first image i had to remove the mother from the picture which was hard as she was bottle feeding baby at the time of photo, but i managed to pull it off , he now wants the second child to be put on the first image with the first child a real head prickle i tell you, but its money so i do it...

1268. xymonau10 October 2011, 11:29 GMT +02:00

I don't mind trying those things for fun, but I'd hate to be under pressure to do them. Are you good at it?

1269. happyture10 October 2011, 13:41 GMT +02:00

I never blow my own trumpet dezzie, its more like i have the patience to sit there and rebuild something from nothing, I am never under pressure dezzie, i only do what i want to do, I was asked to do another wedding be my camera is playing up BIG TIME so i said no, i like to keep things simple, you know dezzie, like my head, Im sure you would be good at it too as most women have way more patience than men.

1270. xymonau10 October 2011, 14:30 GMT +02:00

Maybe when I was younger. These days I have less and less. If it's something I want to do - like my jellybean heaven pic - then it's okay. (And that is about as good as it gets for me.)

1271. happyture11 October 2011, 6:37 GMT +02:00

Do you know Dezzie,,,,,Sometimes you dont half talk some dribble, tellin you now, if you wanted,,really wanted,,you could do whatever you wanted to do,,we all can if we put our minds to it..

1272. xymonau11 October 2011, 8:55 GMT +02:00

It all gets down to motivation, Mikey. I am not motivated. And I don't half talk dribble. I'm 100% all the way. Well, maybe 1% violence.

So do you think my dream of a career as a ballerina mighht be fulfilled after all?

1273. happyture11 October 2011, 9:41 GMT +02:00

Hey who can say Dezzie, your as young as you feel,,its only when you stop feelin you know you too old, just give me another pirouette and a gentle curtsy and i,ll mark it out of a hundred for ya ,,,,tu tu on and toe point,,,,,,

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera