Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > New Google Image Search

New Google Image Search

1. crisderaud30 October 2011, 16:01 GMT +01:00

Want to know where your pictures are being used on the internet?

Google Images has a new function. http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=ii .

You can drag and drop images from your computer file folder right onto the Google Image search bar and a second later you see a list of the results with thumbnails and links.

Try it with your rgbstock images from your file folder on your computer. Just open up the folder while you have your browser open to Google Images and drag one of your images and drop it on the search bar.

It finds altered versions of the image and where it has been used regardless if you were given credit.

2. fangol31 October 2011, 8:32 GMT +01:00

This is a great search engine! Works beter then TinEye :)

Thanks for information :)

3. micromoth31 October 2011, 13:46 GMT +01:00

This Google app is stunningly good! I checked several of my images using it, and not only did it find six usages I didn't know about, but it even correctly stated the location in the UK where one of the shots was taken!

Many thanks for the information.

4. lusi31 October 2011, 14:20 GMT +01:00

It doesn't work on my computer. It only opens the image in a new window and nothing else :(

5. crisderaud31 October 2011, 14:47 GMT +01:00

Must be the browser you are using. It should work with either Firefox or Chrome.

6. ColinBrough31 October 2011, 16:55 GMT +01:00

@4, you can also upload images from your computer (click the little camera icon in the search bar, then select "upload image"). A smaller version seems to work OK, not necessarily the full-size original.

Very interesting, thanks for the tip.

7. xymonau1 November 2011, 11:13 GMT +01:00

It works well on Chrome, but not IE. Make sure you are in Google images and not the normal search page.

8. jazza1 November 2011, 22:15 GMT +01:00

A Firefox plugin would be great.

You can drag and drop an image from one browser tab into an other browser tab. I works well indeed. IE does not count anymore these days I think. Maybe it will work in Explorer 9, but I don't even take the time to test it.

9. crisderaud2 November 2011, 1:12 GMT +01:00

I had discovered that you could drag an image to the browser tab that had Google Images and then drop it on the search box.

It works the same way you can drop a layer into another image tab in Photoshop when you have multiple images open.

That will work until they write a plug-in.

This must be TinEye's worst nightmare.

10. lennie4 November 2011, 19:35 GMT +01:00

@Jazza these things do not currently work in IE, it looks like some of these things might work in IE10.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera