Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Im looking for designs and images, will pay royalties

Im looking for designs and images, will pay royalties

1. namuccio28 February 2012, 18:28 GMT +01:00

Hello to all the RGB community,
What a great site and so much talented creative people who have submitted their work.
We are in the process of building a T-shirt web site and I am looking for images and designs to go onto our T-shirts. I would like to offer ongoing royalties for any designs that are chosen, the way this will work is that for each shirt that is sold through our web site the owner of the design will receive 10% of the sale. We will also credit the designer for the image supplied and have a search and listing facility for people to search T-shirts by designers along with a comments panel for our users to make comments. Without limiting you to what type of images to submit try to stick to designs that will work and look good on a T-shirt. Any tag lines are welcomed too along with funny stuff to.
If you are interested please send us an email with very low res JPGs of your images or design and a short bio of yourself.
I will be sending out emails to people from designs that I have already seen on the RGB site shortly.
Looking forward to every ones response
Cheers
Anthony
anthony@namucciofashions.com

2. weirdvis29 February 2012, 0:55 GMT +01:00

Anthony, fishing for prospective artwork from the talent you claim to admire because you are reluctant to go to the trouble of actually selecting suitable designs yourself and contacting individuals for specific permission, is a very poor business plan. I'm afraid your approach fails to inspire confidence in me.

Unfortunately I've seen so many similar requests to kick-start businesses offering a financial incentive before and none of them have ended well for the generous owners of the artwork. What guarantee do RGSStock designers have that you won't vanish like the morning mist and keep all proceeds to yourself once you have permission to use their images?

3. xymonau29 February 2012, 10:13 GMT +01:00

I've noticed you downloading a few of my images. They are not to be used on tshirts without my express permission.

4. weirdvis29 February 2012, 13:49 GMT +01:00

The same foes for me. No permission granted at this moment in time.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera