Rgbstock forum

forum > Software > Photoshop CS6 Public Beta free trial

Photoshop CS6 Public Beta free trial

1. crisderaud22 March 2012, 15:21 GMT +01:00

Adobe announced today that they're releasing a public beta of Photoshop CS6. What does that mean to you? 1) You can download a working copy of the next Photoshop and use it for free.

You can download the Photoshop CS6 Public Beta from Adobe labs, free to everyone:.
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs6/?utm_source=dekeOnline+Newsletter,+March+21,+2012&utm_campaign=CC+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Watch the entire video series of all the new features in CS6:
http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Photoshop-CS6-Beta-Preview/97406-2.html?utm_source=dekeOnline+Newsletter,+March+21,+2012&utm_campaign=CC+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

2. xymonau24 March 2012, 10:29 GMT +01:00

This sounds good. I will look at the terms of use.

3. crisderaud24 March 2012, 14:47 GMT +01:00

The download size is 4 times the size of DAZ.

Adobe servers are pretty fast but you still may consider the time it takes to download 1.7 gigabytes.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just preparing you for a long download time on your internet connection. :)

4. xymonau1 April 2012, 14:32 GMT +02:00

Good point. Maybe I won't.

5. coolhewitt2323 January 2014, 8:49 GMT +01:00

I noticed a couple of days ago that Adobe has moved to a monthly subscription plans for their software. Abode will no longer offer software as a one time purchase. I guess people will be moving away from Adobe products.

6. micromoth24 January 2014, 16:59 GMT +01:00

@5 I think you're referring to Adobe Photoshop CC.
As I understand it, Adobe Photoshop Elements will still be available for sale. The latter doesn't have all the capabilities of the latest professional incarnations of Photoshop, but it's still quite good for non-professional users.
You're right however that the move to a subscription service will drive many current users away. That includes me. I can see many problems with having to rely on a fast internet connection in order to access the software and any images stored in the Cloud. Personally I would much prefer to have the programme right on my fast and easily accessed desktop computer, so I have no intention of signing up for the subscription service. I'm wondering about moving away long-term to one of Adobe's competitors. Xara looks pretty good - does anybody have any recommendations, for this or other alternatives?

7. coolhewitt2325 January 2014, 6:37 GMT +01:00

I've heard software called Photoimpact. I will check out Xara when I have some free time. The monthly subscriptions plans are very expensive if you use Adobe products as a hobby.

8. xymonau25 January 2014, 12:27 GMT +01:00

I use PhotoImpact X3 - the last one ever made. Corel bought them out to destroy the competition. I find it easier to use than Photoshop, and it is quite sophisticated, except it doesn't have proper layers. They say the Gimp - a free one - is as powerful as Photoshop. PI is about $75 from Corel, but I think you van get it cheaper.

9. Shonna2 February 2014, 3:12 GMT +01:00

I do love photo impact I did have photo impact 11 but now it's x3 too bad that Corel took over I find photo impact and paintshop pro are easier then the photoshop I do have photoshop elements and I go into it at times not like I do photo impact and psp...

the one I bought with photo impactx3 came from http://www.novadevelopment.com/software/photoimpact-pro-129013?cc=PISAVE&rs4=NO_US_EM_PI_0413_UPG

here is the one from corel http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?&1=1&storeKey=us&trkid=CJ&mapcounter=1&pid=prod3430246

Photo impact has got a lot to give out for made a lot of great stuff with it...
but now working in psp too and liking it...

10. xymonau2 February 2014, 7:36 GMT +01:00

I like the fact that you can use a lot of Photoshop filters with it. Nova bought rights around the time of PI10, I think, and their version was slightly different. I think it came packaged with some extra filters.

Shonna, did you do the free training for PI?

11. Shonna2 February 2014, 18:27 GMT +01:00

I didn't get to do the the PI training
but learned from tutorials that rosie
hardman and Dia's tutorials from PI and I know there are many other PI tut writers out there but now there being taking off line...since Psp took over gosh so many tutorials out there for psp now there is a lot on photoshop but there are ways to something in PI that photoshop can't do the lasso tool works great in PI heard from a lot of users saying they dont like the tool in photoshop...

I will agree with you xymonau on the filters glad some of the filters work with PI so we can do our projects on making backgrounds and etc...

12. Shonna21 February 2014, 1:46 GMT +01:00

Update Now I am taking psp training doing psp projects which I never took any class before this my first time so far I am doing good...in it only done 5 projects never did them before...

13. xymonau21 February 2014, 9:32 GMT +01:00

That's great, Shonna. Who are you doing them with?

14. Shonna21 February 2014, 21:38 GMT +01:00

http://bw-forums.com/index.php
this site right here just started on about a week ago..they seem really nice and they explain how to do to project if we make a mistake ...

15. xymonau23 February 2014, 5:40 GMT +01:00

PIRC used to stand for "PhotoImpact Resource Centre". I did my PI lessons through them years ago. There are two, though, and I get them confused. Started by the same people, but then they branched out. After PI was bought out, they expanded to Corel and other editors.

The PI Beginners Workshop had 96 lessons and projects, and provided a mentor for each person. Yes, they were/are all lovely people. I would never have gained confidence if it hadn't been for them.

Mary Lou White was running the board when I first joined. Boy, that's a few years ago!

16. xymonau23 February 2014, 6:03 GMT +01:00

Actually, because of your post I went to visit the PI International Forum for the first time in a couple of years, I think. I was terribly upset to discover that Carol had died. We may never meet in person, but we still have genuine friendships with people online. She was a lovely woman, and I just feel so sad.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera