Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Photos "Too Good" to print in UK

Photos "Too Good" to print in UK

1. crisderaud9 April 2010, 17:23 GMT +02:00

Boots refuses to print photography student's snaps... because they are too GOOD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262516/Boots-refuses-print-photography-students-snaps--GOOD.html

2. Abyla9 April 2010, 18:29 GMT +02:00

Her images are excellent really and she is a very lucky student with a very very expensive camara (more than 3000 Euros)

3. Abyla9 April 2010, 18:52 GMT +02:00

That camara can take a 21.1 MP photo. It's not the normal image you take to the store to print.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=17662

4. crisderaud9 April 2010, 19:26 GMT +02:00

We have a Boot's Camera within walking distance of my house.
http://www.bootscamera.com/index.html

(It is privately owned and I don't think it's related to the store in England)

They have 5D MarkII cameras in stock but they won't let you touch one. They keep them all in their factory sealed boxes.

They let me handle the standard 5D and I would love to have one of those full frame sensor model, but purchasing that and an assortment of the L model lenses would be like buying a new car!

5. jonfletch9 April 2010, 19:54 GMT +02:00

Sad that this happened, similar things seem to be happening all of the time in the UK. A friend was recently refused a bottle of wine in a supermarket becuase she had her 16 year old niece with her and the alcohol 'may have been for her'. IN the end they served her when her niece stood outside! Crazy

Someone makes a good comment on the boots website though, perhaps she should have taken a picture of herself in one of the images?

6. mzacha9 April 2010, 20:22 GMT +02:00

Malgorzata Kulinsha? KulinsKa! DailyMail always has problems with Polish surnames...

7. weirdvis9 April 2010, 20:25 GMT +02:00

Thought crimes. Accused of something you haven't done or might do. Welcome to the EUSSR!

8. weirdvis9 April 2010, 20:30 GMT +02:00

Michal, I see Poland is exploiting it's rich deposits of shale gas! Good for Poland! The UK is sat on the other end of that deposit but our mad and suicidal government thinks that windmills and solar panels are a better alternative.

The angular momentum of Winston Churchill revolving in his grave could probably create sufficient energy to run a small power station...

9. crisderaud9 April 2010, 23:14 GMT +02:00

Bill Gates has the energy solution sewn up.

http://government.zdnet.com/?p=8237

Bill Gates has apparently taken it upon himself to start his own nuclear superpower. Actually, as it turns out, he would like to start many nuclear superpowers. And unlike Pinky and the Brain, who always want to take over the world, Bill merely wants to save it.

10. xymonau10 April 2010, 10:43 GMT +02:00

How many criminals steal the memory card out of a camera and print the photos for profit??? It's perfectly bizarre.

11. lennie10 April 2010, 12:14 GMT +02:00

Dez in the article it said the people at the store thought she had downloaded it and she came in with a USB-stick with the pictures on it.

I think she should have brought her camera in that would atleast prove she had a camera which can create such pictures (not just everyone has such a beast !). If someone is willing to pay that kind of money for such a camera, maybe they really are able to create good pictures, why else buy such a camera ?

12. weirdvis10 April 2010, 12:58 GMT +02:00

Lennie, you need to add into the equasion that some people are just too thick to think outside of their tiny little box. Or too frightened of the unseen consequences of falling foul of some stupid, EUSSR mandated microlaw that no one has heard of.

We are dealing with the same mentality that refuses to sell a bottle of wine to a woman clearly in her forties in case she was buying it for her sixteen year old daughter who was helping with the weekly supermarket shopping.

It is illegal to sell alcohol to under 18s (and clearly the mother is an adult so the law doesn't apply) but it is not illegal for a 16 year old to drink a glass of wine in during a family meal. Be prepared to be interogated by a check-out girl if you dare put a six pack in your supermarket trolley when you have the kids in tow. Don't even bother trying to explain you are NOT committing any offence.

Blind madness.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera