Free Fonts from the Fontman

1. xymonau21 April 2010, 17:19 GMT +02:00

People, check out this great way to get lots of fonts every week, directly
to your email account! No hassle, no passwords, no websites, no
registration, no cost! Just click, download, unzip. Here's a sample pack you
can download right now to see how easy it works:
http://www.fontcoll ectors.net/ files/trialpack. zip

Want much MUCH more than this? Then join by sending a blank email to
fontpacks-subscribe @yahoogroups. com now!

2. xymonau21 April 2010, 17:22 GMT +02:00

http://www.fontcollectors.net/files/trialpack.zip is the correct link. And as I can't edit my first post, here is the correct link to send the blank email:
fontpacks-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I wasn't certain that other sections of the forum were suitable for this, so I posted it here. The fontman has agreed to put our link in his next mailing in exchange for posting his promotional information here. I have been receiving his fonts for a few years, and for those who are interested in fonts and design, these are a treasure trove!. You've got nothing to lose by joining up. I've had no spam or viruses, or any issues at all.

NOTE - I was unable to get the links to work. I have now fixed the problem, I think. Let me know if you have any issues.

3. iikozen21 April 2010, 17:39 GMT +02:00

Thanks for sharing Dez.

The Font Man rocks!!!

:)

4. Zela21 April 2010, 17:48 GMT +02:00

This is super! Can't have enough fonts. Thank you Dez and Fontman.

5. Zela21 April 2010, 17:49 GMT +02:00

This is a typo or something in the @1 post. The links seems dead. Can you please correct this? Dez?

6. xymonau21 April 2010, 18:01 GMT +02:00

I can't edit the first post. The links are in the second. I have no edit button on the first post.

7. crisderaud21 April 2010, 20:26 GMT +02:00

I downloaded the pack too. But just a word of advice. Some font sets have known to cause issues with Photoshop or Microoft Word on Windows machines.

If your program starts to glitch, uninstall the font and see if that fixes it then avoid that font. It's a hard glitch to figure out unless someone makes you aware of the problem.

8. crisderaud21 April 2010, 20:39 GMT +02:00

Here is another great tool to complement the new fonts you just got:

FontPicker
http://www.richardsprojects.co.uk/products/font-picker/?version=0.6#help

This tool lists all the fonts on your computer and you type something into one of the font boxes and you can see the text displayed in all of your installed fonts. You pick the style you like and make a note of it then use that font in the project you are working on.

It's a really slick program that runs on Adobe Air which you can install at the link if you need to.

9. xymonau22 April 2010, 0:19 GMT +02:00

Cris, do you mean the fonts cause problems if you use them in your computer display, or do you mean general use?

10. crisderaud22 April 2010, 1:00 GMT +02:00

When you install a font to your computer it goes into the font folder under Drive C, Windows, Font. There is also a font icon in your control panel. Both Photoshop and Word will loads the new fonts automatically if just placed in the font folder. If the font file is corrupt, the font can cause Photoshop or Word to glitch and you won't know why because it may not happen right away alerting you to suspect the new font.

Bottom line is open each font file seperately and load it. Just double click on any file in the font pack you downloaded and if you like the font, click the install button at the upper left.

You could just move all the font to the font folder but a corrupt one may cause stability problems with your programs.

If you just installed some fonts and Photoshop starts going haywire, a light should go off in your head saying "Ah-ha! The problem could be one of the fonts I just installed"

11. xymonau22 April 2010, 8:02 GMT +02:00

Actually, and I think Photoshop is the same, PhotoImpact will list a font if you just have it opened, and you can use it during that session without moving it from its original folder. I don't install many, and since I only use them for graphics, this method is the best for me.

12. crisderaud22 April 2010, 18:01 GMT +02:00

Free font from Microsoft: Ibarra Real font

IbarraReal is a public-domain font of Ibero-American character, created in 2005 as a revival of the types cast by Jeronimo Gil for the Royal Spanish Academys edition of Don Quixote, printed in Madrid by Joaquin Ibarra in 1780. Its elegant design mixes tradition and modernity and is a genuine badge of Spanish culture.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0fd319b2-b025-4d95-85e3-644fea2a759e

13. xymonau28 April 2010, 1:31 GMT +02:00

Well, the next newsletter is out, and we don't appear in it. I'll contact him and see what the problem is.

14. xymonau6 May 2010, 6:06 GMT +02:00

It was in this week's newsletter:
========= sponsor message =========
Want free stock images? http://www.rgbstock .com is the new FREE stock image
website, with over 36,000 images which are free for personal use. Join now!
========= sponsor message =========
Looks good, and we had an influx of members.

Thank you. Fontman!

15. milca10 May 2010, 15:06 GMT +02:00

@8: Cris thanks for this link! Very, very useful!
It turns out I have 796 fonts on my computer... :)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera