Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > sxc-import

sxc-import

1. wolliballa23 May 2010, 22:39 GMT +02:00

sxc import has worked fine, including descriptions and keywords.....
However I noticed, that copying the categories apparently did not work out. Is anyone still working on this or will that be 'technically-not-possible' ?
Any chance, that a future import will update rgb-online pictures accordingly so I don't have to run down the whole line updating categories.

2. jazza24 May 2010, 22:45 GMT +02:00

I am afraid it is technically a bit complicated to copy the categories. RGBstock.com has different categories than the other site.

3. xymonau25 May 2010, 3:53 GMT +02:00

Rainer, many - hundreds - of mine came through without their titles as well. I am chipping away at them very slowly - partly because I am adding better keywords as well - so I have a whole range of pics with no title. It's frustrating, but imagine moving the images one at a time!

4. Ayla8725 May 2010, 6:17 GMT +02:00

Perhaps it would be an easy compromise to copy just all of the categories where the exact phrase can be found in our list of categories?

Michael

5. fishmonk25 May 2010, 13:26 GMT +02:00

I deleted all 900 odd from elsewhere, whilst angry. It is taking absolutely ages to find my originals (dotted here there & everywhere) & then to keyword & upload. I've also learned a lot since uploading many of these so I am re-editing many older ones (& getting rid of ones I feel aren't up to scratch).
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh.

Never mind. It's good for me.

6. xymonau25 May 2010, 21:47 GMT +02:00

They say it builds character. See how noble I've become, Dan? You will be wondrous by the time you finish!

7. jazza25 May 2010, 21:52 GMT +02:00

@3 The title bug is fixed. unfortunately AFTER you imported your huge gallery:(
@4 I do not expect many new users from 'the other site'. We had the bulk of imported images in January , February and March. I don't think it is worth the effort.

8. crisderaud26 May 2010, 5:04 GMT +02:00

@5 Yeah, Jay didn't tell us there was an import tool in the works so I joined the one picture club last September. Just figured I would make myself a new and better gallery. I have less than half the pictures I had before.

Suppose I should get to work :)

9. fishmonk26 May 2010, 14:10 GMT +02:00

@8 It is actually good to have a fresh start, Cris, don't you agree? I need to get moving too...

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera