Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

8570. Groningen8 September 2013, 21:50 GMT +02:00

sweet Mimi!

Gesine's colleagues can

dine

with plums.
Can you make plum-wine?
I know you can make schnapps but that might be illegal

8571. xymonau8 September 2013, 23:57 GMT +02:00

She might not get caught. All's well that

ends

well.

8572. Ayla879 September 2013, 6:41 GMT +02:00

You can make liqueur with the plums, that is legal. The brandy you need for it is ready and you pay enough tax when you buy it. When you start now it should be ready as a christmas gift.

http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/512721147011082/Pflaumenlikoer.html

tend

8573. xymonau9 September 2013, 12:15 GMT +02:00

They are better for you without the alcohol and won't make a

dent

in your liver! :o)

8574. gesinek9 September 2013, 16:28 GMT +02:00

Thanks for your good ideas, We have so much plums I will try them all. And

then

I'll tell you how it tastes. Hiks

The cake was a good start. We start work at 7.20h and at there was even a crumb at 9.30h.

8575. Groningen9 September 2013, 19:11 GMT +02:00

LOLZ
thizzz likkurrr isss verrry goooooooooooooooooood
i liiiiike thizzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;-)

Today I

went

to bed at 08.00 and got up at 14.00
not good for my health
but it is nice and quiet at night

you can knit a pair of socks in one night
if they are very small ;-)
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/Groningen-photos/Ravelry/kleine-sokjes.jpg

8576. Ayla8711 September 2013, 6:55 GMT +02:00

Christine, Christa found another nice little idea for you to knit:

http://abload.de/img/strickrguus.jpg

And I have only three days left to work (including today) then I have another two weeks off. Time to care for Christa and Mimi again :-)

We have observed that Mimi is rather bored when the wheather is rainy. It is not so funny to go out on the balcony then. The cold winter days will be even harder for her, I suppose...

whet

8577. gesinek11 September 2013, 11:27 GMT +02:00

Very tiny socks Christine.

My mother still has the socks and gloves my grandma was knitting for when I was a baby. I was very small (ha, how things can change...), with always cold hands and feets and she knitted them with darning needles (Stopfnadeln).

weat

Michael I wish you a good time for your two weeks off. Maybe wheather will change for it is not only grey in grey outside.

8578. Ayla8711 September 2013, 12:22 GMT +02:00

Thank you, Gesine. I intend to go swimming into the dead sea one day. In Bad Wilsnack there is a salt lake with 24% salt content, so it's impossible to drown there. Very relaxing to swim there, just like in the dead sea.
This is my conception of what vacation should be like.

http://www.kristalltherme-bad-wilsnack.de/Therme/therme.php?d=Salzsee&id=9

My mother had her birthday yesterday and said to me she turned 58. You should be aware, though, that she deliberately distorted the numbers... It is so nice that she has kept her humour.

Dez, how are things going with the work vehicle so far? Does it feel very strange to drive such a borrowed car?

heat

8579. xymonau11 September 2013, 23:17 GMT +02:00

Christine, those are very cute! And I really like the cup warmer idea, Christa.

Gesine, it's lovely to have something like that from your babyhood.

Michael, I hope you have a really relaxing and refreshing time. Maybe Mimi isn't bored. Maybe she gets depressed like I do in the rain! LOL Dig out all those cat toys...

Wow - that looks like a great place to visit. Too many people for my liking, but it looks wonderful. Is there a chance that you can go during this break?

I had the work vehicle for a week. It's a Ford Ranger dual cab ute:
http://www.sonirodban.com/images/ranger-images/Ranger_DoubleCab4WD.jpg

It's quite big and hard to climb into - especially in a skirt. It rides very roughly as it's meant to be a workhorse. But it has so much power. The minute you press the accelerator, off you go! I have driven it to Brisbane a number of times when I was doing my diploma and to attend conferences. It's wonderful on the open road - except for the bumpiness. I did have more difficulty because of my hands this time, but it was fine.

I have my car back, but it is only a bit better and I have already lost overdrive again. I got to use it twice. The mechanic replaced one part, but he said there is a lot of play in the gearbox, and he doesn't think he can get a guaranteed gearbox for it, and they aren't making parts for them any more. It's 14 years old, and the company is now defunct. It's a shame, but it looks like I have to drive it into the ground, then buy another if I can afford it. Right now I simply can't. I could get another bomb, and that is likely to be what I'll have to settle for.

Last night it was making an odd noise on the way home. I suspect I'm going to have to take it back. There is something wrong.

I decided to talk to the rheumatologist by phone this time because the car is not reliable. Besides, the cost of the trip is ridiculous for a consultation. They are okay with this. Naturally it will cost the same. I just want to confirm a couple of things before I have more injections in my wrists. I already have the referrals.

than

8580. Groningen12 September 2013, 0:17 GMT +02:00

@MIchael and Christa: thank you for the idea, I always drink my tea in a mug and in winters it cools off rapidly. I will knit a "kuschelige Mantel" for my favorite tea-mug :D
have a nice vacation and many Mimi is really happy but you know how cats are, they want to stay in control of their emotions and have an air of indifferent ;-)

@Gesine: lovely story and you must have been a tiny baby. I made the socks for one of my niece's dolls. Today was her eleventh birthday and she treated her classmates this morning at 11 minutes past 11 o'clock.
I went to Zwolle and back again. I'm trying to take care not to mention that I am away from home on a public forum at least not until I am back ;-)

@Dez: that company car looks "mean" (meant as a compliment)

hand

8581. Ayla8712 September 2013, 7:50 GMT +02:00

Oh yes, we dig out all the cat toys every day, and we plan to buy even more because Mimi plays quite happily and surely will enjoy the varieties which we come up with to chase her around.

That hot springs resort isn't too crowded during weekdays luckily, and some people around are okay for me. I live in one of the largest citys of the world, so I'm used to a lot of people. That doesn't mean that I like that hectic spirit around here. It is still possible that we will live somewhere else when I won't have to work anymore. It depends a lot on how things develop with our crazy neighbour. Without her this house would be more relaxing.

14 years are quite an age for a car. No wonder it gets toothless and sometimes out of breathe. It sounds as if you will have trouble with the car now more and more.

Christine, it is absolutely fitting for you to dress your tea-mug this way, everybody who knows you will notice that at once. This is also a nicely personal decoration. Something that can't be found everywhere.

hard

8582. xymonau12 September 2013, 13:53 GMT +02:00

I have the mean car again. Mine was making a bad noise this morning, so I drove straight to the mechanic, and he'll have it until Monday. It may only be the muffler, hopefully. My boss is very generous to loan me the work vehicle. Yes, my own is old, but it's paid for, and I am willing to spend a bit on it to keep it going for a while longer, if I can. I haven't spent much on it in the past. There are a lot of clunkers around in Queensland, because we don't have to put our vehicles in for inspection every year. In other states they can't be re-registered unless they have been deemed roadworthy, and that happens yearly. They do have to go over the pits if they are sold. There appear to be no more fatalities than in other states, in spite of this. However, if the police stop you and they see a problem, you can be put off the road immediately until it is repaired.

Christine, what a great way for your niece to celebrate her birthday! That reminded me of my sister's oldest son who turned 7 on the 7th of the 7th, 1977. It doesn't come luckier than that! And you are sensible not to be too public about being home, etc. I should be more careful, but I guess few people know my actual address, particularly now.

Michael, your mother is faking being my age - and I feel ancient! LOL She sounds like she has a good sense of humour and a lot of spirit in her. I used to live in Sydney, and I was young, and enjoyed all the crowds then. I don't think I enjoyed actually living in the city, but just the atmosphere when I was out and about. These days I've returned to my home State, to towns, rather than cities (except for Brisbane, of course), and I definitely prefer the quieter side of things. I hope you do escape your crazy neighbour eventually.

Gesine, how small were you when you were born? and how tall are you now? I'm 172cm.

8583. xymonau13 September 2013, 0:11 GMT +02:00

Michael, there is a section on this video about migraines. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but I find this fellow really entertaining, and his explanations are clear and based on science (he's a doctor). If you learn nothing, you should still enjoy it. Everyone else might like it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VWi6dXCT7I

8584. Ayla8713 September 2013, 6:43 GMT +02:00

I will have to watch it when I'm on vacation because we have no audio here at work on our internet connection. But of course it is interesting for Christa and her migraines, too.

Now, first of all, enjoy you Friday the 13th ;-) Do something nice...

I don't even have a driving license, so I will never run into trouble with a car, except for probably being run down by a car.

In this city there is a good public transport system, you really don't need an own car. About half of the inhabitants don't have own cars here. The other half swear that they can't live without a car, though...

hear

8585. xymonau13 September 2013, 9:04 GMT +02:00

When I lived in Sydney years ago there was a good transport system, and I felt no need to buy a car or get my licence. Later, when I was living outside Sydney, where you had to wait an hour and a half for a train, I bought my first car. I can't imagine being without a car now, but I guess as I get older the day might come when I have to stop driving. Then I'd buy one of those electric scooters for the disabled and terrorise pedestrians! I probably terrorise pedestrians, anyway. :o)

Friday the 13th did bring a few problems re work, but I left early to call the rheumatologist. She was running late and put the appointment back, and then did it again. I'm currently waiting to hear from her and it's already 5pm here.

I did something nice, though - bad, too - I bought some iced finger buns and demolished two of them because I had no lunch or breakfast. I felt like cake, but a milk allergy rules out most of those around here. I had to settle for what I could get...

Here is an image of the abominations: http://somedaywewillsleep.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bakers-Delight-0021.jpg

hate

8586. gesinek14 September 2013, 16:41 GMT +02:00

team

I had to ask my mother about those data, she said I was 49 cm long and I weight 2000gr. I was 4 weeks to early but every thing is fine now. I am now 1,73cm

Hope you all get good through Fri 13.9.13

8587. xymonau14 September 2013, 17:36 GMT +02:00

Wow - you were tiny, weren't you? My granddaughters were both just over 5 lbs (you'll have to convert that - that's how I think even though we have gone metric) so they were both bigger than you, and I thought they were really tiny. Clearly you overcame the early arrival!

My Dad used to talk about his brother's birth. He was so tiny he used to sleep in a shoebox. In those days it's a miracle he survived. he grew up just fine, and was a tall man and very fit - was in the army for years.

ante

8588. gesinek16 September 2013, 19:28 GMT +02:00

Oh yes I overcame it and my brothers too. They weight 1000 and 1400 gr and were 41/42 centimeters tall. They are twins and are both 1,89 m today. And that all happend in the early sixties. We three come after our grandma and -dad. they were also tall. Our parent are ' only' 1,63/1,65 m tall.

I had simulator training for anaestesia staff today. It was very good.
The training is developed upon the base of pilot simulator training. You get a situation which is seldom or seldom and critical and you have to manage it. It's really good training.

Are all your pets all right? One of the white ones disturbed my sleep tonight at 4.50 (I looked at the clock) by miau miau as if he is tortured or heavily hurt. Nothing - only hunger.

Is your car complet again Dez?

And Christine, what's about 'my' socks?

Michael and Christa I hope you enjoy your vacancies

cant

8589. Groningen16 September 2013, 22:33 GMT +02:00

@Gesine: I haven't forgotten I promised you bright orange socks and you will get them, size 39 is't too large so I don't have to start soon ;-P
do you want the exact same pattern or can I experiment a bit with the Kingsday-theme?

I'm knitting the second pair of size 46 man socks (blue/grey) and I could have finished them by now but I wasn't concentrated or it was too late at night, anyway I had to unravel 20 centimeters because I forgot to decrease another 6 stitches.
Tant pis ;-)
that's French :-/

than

8590. xymonau16 September 2013, 23:42 GMT +02:00

I have three pairs of bright orange socks that I bought from a country fruit stand. No, I don't know why they were selling socks, but they were cheap, and it was getting into the cold weather, and I figured I could sleep in them - which I did. they are far too big, but really warm. And very bright "hot" orange in colour. And I still can't get a man...

Yes, I hope Michael and Crista have a great relaxing time. I'll bet Mimi is enjoying the extra company.

Christine, that's really frustrating to have to unravel all that work. You're doing such a great job, though.

No, Gesine, my car is still in the workshop. I didn't hear from them yesterday, but I know he had a lot of work to do. I think he will be trying to get the adjustment on my gears done better, as well as fix whatever is causing the noise, and I'm hoping it is just the muffler or exhaust system. I can't really afford a decent car at this time, so I need it to function for a while longer.

I am going to have a cortisone injection in my right wrist on Thursday and the left one next Thursday. I hope they work. My hands are so painful at times, and I just can't do very much in the house. The good news is my son and granddaughters are coming up for a week. They have school holidays in late September and he gets them for half of those. His partner has to work, so she will drive them up and then pick them up a week later. My workplace has allowed me to take the time. Given all my absences from work in the last 15 months, that's good of them. However, I will still have to go in and complete the timesheets as it is a pay week, plus I might have to do some other things like computer training as we are changing to the new system since our merger. I'm also on call. It won't be a holiday as such, but at least I'll get to spend some quality time with the girls. They are getting so big now. Every time I talk to them they seem more mature (which, of course, they should) and I don't want them to feel distant from me. they need all the anchors they can get as they grow up in this crazy world.

oath

8591. Ayla8717 September 2013, 8:26 GMT +02:00

The extra sleep and the reduced speed of everything make the days off very relaxing. Mimi is happy indeed. We also did some successfull shopping already. Today we will look for more cat toys. Tomorrow I'm going to visit that salt lake and have a

bath

8592. xymonau17 September 2013, 12:30 GMT +02:00

Oh, I'm jealous! I hope you have a wonderful time, Michael!

bash

8593. gesinek18 September 2013, 9:33 GMT +02:00

@Christine yes I love experiments. Hope we can meet sometimes I'll bring Pflaumenschnaps LOL

@ Michael: Your flat must look like a big playing room for cats. I think you have to tidy away all the toys a lot of times, as if you have little children, for nobody stumbles over Mimis treasures.

@ Dez: Get well soon and I keep my fingers crossed for your car.

We have to change the brake discs of our Kia today the are to tiny for the car especially when we load the motorbike, tent, and all that stuff. My partner says it's easy to change them (He worked in a garage when he studied) and will only take an hour. Afterwards we have sports brake discs.They should better fit to the weight of the car

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera