Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Closed your gallery??

Closed your gallery??

1. chris2k13 September 2010, 7:20 GMT +02:00

Hi all,

I just closed my gallery at a certain other free stock image site. Besides that I also emailed all those who sent me photo usage requests :)

You can use the template I used below if you want to do the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

You're receiving this email because you have requested permission/contacted me regarding my photos at (free stock site name).

I am glad to inform you that I've moved my gallery to a new free photos website - RGB Stock.

My gallery is directly accessible at:
(gallery URL)

To see the rest of the site please visit:
http://www.rgbstock.com/

If you are looking for good and affordable stock please visit http://www.stockfresh.com/ . They pay fair commissions to contributors too, so if you'd like to support the artists who work hard at making good stock, do consider shopping at this site.

Regards,

2. weirdvis13 September 2010, 11:37 GMT +02:00

Nice one, Tiger. How's the new job going?

:D

3. Zela13 September 2010, 12:03 GMT +02:00

Some of us have been there too Chris. Deleting a part of personal history with lots of memories hurts.
Fortunately we proved to be strong, flexible and creative enough to make and find us some new jump boards.

Thank you for posting the template message here. It's a good one ;-)

4. crisderaud13 September 2010, 15:09 GMT +02:00

It's not an easy decision to make. It's like a personal loss. When I look at what is left there, I see little incentive to leave any contribution to be misused for their personal gain and would rather have the people who download our photos come here for them.

5. xymonau14 September 2010, 12:50 GMT +02:00

Well done! RGB might be small, but it's friendly and growing, and we have the right spirit. That's a great letter, too.

6. chris2k15 September 2010, 6:15 GMT +02:00

Cheers guys. It was very painful especially when some images had tens of thousands of downloads but the gallery deletion was necessary. Enough is enough :)

7. xymonau15 September 2010, 15:18 GMT +02:00

I had almost 2 million downloads there. I was upset because I never made it. But I really am over it now. They are a pathetic little group of miserable people who are running it, with the only motivation to make more sales elsewhere. As soon as it outlives its usefulness, they will close the place. They never gave a hoot about the members.

8. iikozen19 September 2010, 23:32 GMT +02:00

Nice move!
:)

9. micromoth20 September 2010, 13:14 GMT +02:00

I long ago removed all my images from the other site, but I still have an account there with a news update. Guess where it tells people to look for my gallery? :)

10. CraigPJ7 October 2010, 9:24 GMT +02:00

Nice one Chris. I dropped out long ago. The halls ring empty over there.

11. weirdvis7 October 2010, 11:58 GMT +02:00

@10 Nice to see you've dropped in here though. So glad you've signed up. Will we see any of your amazing pics being uploaded?

12. CraigPJ7 October 2010, 12:54 GMT +02:00

I am still wondering whether to upload. I haven't actually uploaded much to any stock site for about a year, as I have been fairly busy. I'm still slowly working towards a viable photography business in between the day job, but recently have just been shooting for my own enjoyment.

13. weirdvis7 October 2010, 13:38 GMT +02:00

Having seen the images in your gallery I think you are right to go pro. Good luck. :0)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera