Rgbstock forum

forum > Digital/Traditional Photography > CHA error

CHA error

1. jazza28 August 2012, 22:01 GMT +02:00

My Nikon D300s is giving me a CHA error, and the SD cant be read or write in the camera.
There is a lot of documentation on the Internet about it, but is there who anyone experienced this error on his or her camera?

I cant format the card right now since I am having a holiday break. I guess I will buy a new card, and see later if I can recover anything from the old one.

2. boogy_man29 August 2012, 10:27 GMT +02:00

Have you tried other SD cards in your camera ? I received a CHA error on my D90 once and all I did was to bend and twist the card just a little bit so that the connectors reach the inside ones from the camera. I can't say I recommend you doing this as it is a risky method but you can buy a pretty cheap (5$) card reader to recover your files, that is if the card reader will be able to read it. It may be a silly question but I guess you've verified that the "lock" buton on the card is not set to lock right ?

3. boogy_man29 August 2012, 10:32 GMT +02:00

Source
http://alldigitalnikon.com/?p=263

Yes, the infamous CHA error has attacked my Nikon D90 twice since I got the camera last Fall. I have been using the camera with Lexar’s SD HC 4 and 8GB without a glitch all this time. Fortunately for me I have had the ‘CHA’ error while making adjustments on the camera. What I have noticed, the Nikon D90 might be too tight for the card when sliding it in. As a result, the safety lock that prevents your card from being accidentally erased, might slide to the center where it isn’t locked or unlocked. I have several Lexar SD cards for my cameras and I have glued the locking slider with Super Glue. So far so good.

4. jazza29 August 2012, 11:50 GMT +02:00

I did NOT check the 'lock' on the card..... But it dont work. It isnt locked. Good suggestion thoug. Thanks.

The card cant be read with the card reader in my Ubuntu laptop. At home I can/could read the card on a windows computer, but I am not at home. There are more then 200 photos on the card and I hope I can recover it in some way.

I just bought a new sd-card and that works fine. So I guess my camera is ok.

5. rakib219030 April 2016, 8:10 GMT +02:00

It is a great informative mater but should try to success .

6. xymonau30 April 2016, 16:33 GMT +02:00

Again, you are raking up old threads. Why are you doing this?

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera