Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Don't we need more photographers?

Don't we need more photographers?

1. mzacha14 January 2013, 12:10 GMT +01:00

Just a thought - right now we have more users than photos. Quite new for me ;-).

The number of users is still growing rapidly (soon it will be 100k!), but the influx of new images is far too slow. Last week most of the pictures were added by "old" users, such as Xymonau, micromoth or Newsham. They are great, but there is no new blood here!

We need new photographers and new, different shots just to give users bigger choice, better shots, new forgotten topics and places (.

I'll try to attract some people here... I hope you will do the same.

2. xymonau15 January 2013, 23:12 GMT +01:00

We can always benefit from new photographers, and anything we can do to recruit them is positive. We do have a lot more now than previously, and I think the site will continue to grow steadily. People just need to know about it.

3. jazza15 January 2013, 23:12 GMT +01:00

Yes, we certainly need more photographers! But remember we have fantastic stock photos on line, and we have many top-talents on the site. More photos and artists wont hurt though. The Christmas competition attracted some new people.

4. weirdvis19 January 2013, 17:04 GMT +01:00

Now that the membership has outstripped the number of images online we can expect to see more new contributors in the queue. It's beginning to happen right now. :0)

5. lennie21 January 2013, 19:38 GMT +01:00

Does anyone have any new ideas on what to do to attract more photographers ?

6. xymonau21 January 2013, 21:54 GMT +01:00

Competitions have generally increased our numbers.

7. Ayla8722 January 2013, 6:48 GMT +01:00

I think what would be helpful and attractive for photographers is to think about giving them more showroom if they wish to display a selection of how their photos were used. A sort of dropbox for links or files with short descriptions in a corner of their profile. Something like a portfolio documentation feature. Does that sound feasible?
--Michael

8. TouTouke22 January 2013, 12:10 GMT +01:00

Perhaps it would be great to have an idea of the 50 most popular photos of each year. So we do have perhaps a certain trend, and then we can adjust our style

9. marmit23 January 2013, 0:03 GMT +01:00

Hi All!

Photos needed eeh?

I have been busy with other (less important) stuff the last three years. Busy with my old job, then changing job (Dez helped me out with a background for my new business card -thanks) and lately busy to get my new job started.

I have had some time for photography as well, but my last upload is from 2010 - a shame!

I have started to upload again - so weirdvis sharpen your claws, but please accept at least a few :-)

//Martin

10. xymonau23 January 2013, 12:06 GMT +01:00

Glad to see your new stuff. It's great. Keep them coming!

11. GcJm28 April 2013, 23:29 GMT +02:00

,I have now had 13 photos rejected, along with 11 approved.
To my eye some of those rejected are as good as existing ones approved.
One more try at a later date and then I reckon I should retire.
GcJm

12. xymonau29 April 2013, 7:31 GMT +02:00

If you could upload the photos to somewhere like Photobucket, maybe we could comment on the possible issues? It's true that sometimes some lesser quality pics get through, so I can't speak for that, and I'm not an approver. But I'm happy to look for any particular problems. It's frustrating when that happens. I also still have rejections and am not always happy, but there is usually a good reason for them, which I might have overlooked. If you'd prefer to let me see them via email, feel free to contact me via the contact thingie on here and I'll reply. Don't retire. I had so many rejections originally on another site, but I persisted, and I believe I improved.

Besides, Graham, there are not enough Australians on here and I need the company!

13. micromoth29 April 2013, 21:37 GMT +02:00

Hi Graham, I'd like to reinforce what Dez said. I had lots of rejections to begin with, still do have the occasional one. But looking hard at what the approvers said, and asking further questions and working through how to make improvements, helped a lot. I've learned a lot along the way! So please persist; the approvers are a hardworking group who help to keep us all on our toes and produce better work as a result. Everyone benefits from that. So please be encouraged and keep trying. And as Dez has said, asking for more detailed critique and suggestions via Photobucket or whatever can also help; we're a friendly bunch who all try to help each other.
Cheers,
Kevin

14. coolhewitt2312 October 2013, 14:58 GMT +02:00

I am fairly new to the site but It took me a month to decide if I wanted to contribute photo's. It's good that the site is free.

15. micromoth12 October 2013, 17:33 GMT +02:00

@14 I'm glad you did decide to contribute, you have some great shots! I especially like the texture shot of white eggs.

16. xymonau13 October 2013, 0:41 GMT +02:00

Well, you have certainly put up a lot of great photos, and I hope to see many more.

I remember years ago when I was using free photos from another site, I was too nervous to attempt to upload any. I had very cheap - and broken - cameras, and I thought my pics would be rejected for sure. I'm no photographer. I think it took me a year or so to summon up the courage. The first was heavily edited, and that site was fussy about graphics - didn't want them at the time - so I was relieved when it was accepted and when people commented positively. It took a long time for me to upload many more. and I had lots of rejections along the way. What a learning curve! Now, it's a bit of a hobby, and I sell some from time to time as well.

Here's the first one I uploaded (my gallery is still in the chronological order of upload from the other site, and you can see the lower quality improve slightly. (Only slightly! LOL)

http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/2dyV6BP/Delicate+Miniature+Rose

17. coolhewitt2315 October 2013, 14:58 GMT +02:00

I want to apply the 3d effect to my characters in AI but it's difficult to master it. I've watched a few youtube video but they aren't really helpful. I'd like to develop the same quality as some of the art I've seen on other sites. Anybody have any tips. This site is getting a lot more traffic because you can notice the amount of new users signing up.

18. weirdvis16 October 2013, 10:12 GMT +02:00

Cool, a lot of the 3D images you see on other sites have been rendered using 3D software such as Autodesk Inventor. It would be difficult to reproduce the more technical images using AI, if at all. You would certainly need a lot of skill which tutorials can't always help you with.

AI does have a 3D application (as does Photoshop), and can render 3D effects, made to look more convincing using the effects of a gradient mesh. You'll need lots of practice and a good AI manual to take you through the basics, step by step. I recommend one of the WOW manuals. You can order one from Amazon (they are the cheapest) or try to find a secondhand one on ebay. You'll need the edition dedicated to the version of AI you are using.

19. micromoth16 October 2013, 14:09 GMT +02:00

Autodesk Inventor is incredibly expensive. I see that Hongkiat draws attention to a number of 3D modelling software programmes that are free. See http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free-3d-modelling-applications-you-should-not-miss/
Does anyone use any of these? What would you recommend?

20. coolhewitt2316 October 2013, 15:59 GMT +02:00

I generally stayed away from 3d software because its very time consuming to learn. I've been learning Adobe products for 2 years now. I purchased the full version of I clones which is 3d animation software but I barely used it. I'm presently occupied with illustrator and Photoshop. I know Autodesk software is very expensive to buy at this current time. I was looking at Autodesk Maya. A couple of the links from Micromoths sites can't be accessed right now. I wonder if RGB stock has considered opening up a chat room. Everybody have a good day.

coolhewitt23

21. crisderaud16 October 2013, 16:55 GMT +02:00

We don't have chat. But you can certainly get good advice at our group on Facebook.

RGBStock.com discussion group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/321594787003/

22. mzacha3 January 2014, 8:37 GMT +01:00

Ha, over 70k users in a year! Great score! The number of photos is growing steadily, but much slower. Soon it should hit 100k, I hope... ;-)

23. weirdvis3 January 2014, 11:20 GMT +01:00

The number of new contributors is growing daily. It's very pleasing to see new uploaders in the image queue.

:D

24. ColinBrough3 January 2014, 12:52 GMT +01:00

If we keep adding images at about the current rate, we should hit 100K images mark by the summer - May? June? And the 200K registered users sometime in April.

25. coolhewitt238 January 2014, 13:13 GMT +01:00

100k is a lot of photo's. It might be possible to get a 100k by May if we get more new up loaders,

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera