Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Requests and messages

Requests and messages

1. xymonau2 September 2013, 12:59 GMT +02:00

I have just discovered a bunch of messages from people from RGB in my junk mail folder. I didn't realise this was happening because some are going into the normal mail folder. If you have tried to contact me and received no response, please try again. Your email may have been deleted by my email account.

If you leave a message on my image, I will see it. As long as the address you gave when joining RGB is still valid, I can respond to you on your contact form.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

26. coolhewitt2326 September 2013, 13:05 GMT +02:00

I think logos can be avoided by taking pictures at different angels or distances. The world of stock photography can be very complicated.

27. weirdvis26 September 2013, 16:04 GMT +02:00

Yes. There are quite a few legal pitfalls that must be avoided. :0)

28. coolhewitt2329 September 2013, 16:37 GMT +02:00

Hello Everyone,

I recently completed a project with Adobe illustrator then exported the file in jpeg format to Photoshop to increase the pixel size to 1000 so I could upload it to the website. When it uploaded the picture, the picture turned into different color and I had to delete it. Can anybody give information about how to properly export a picture from illustrator to jpeg so I can upload to this website. Its nice to see a good community at RGB.

29. jazza29 September 2013, 20:05 GMT +02:00

Hi CoolHewitt, The most important thing is that you export the image in RGB colors. If you use CYMK the colors may change. We convert the uploaded images to rgb-colors if they are CYMK. We do that because some browsers wont show CYMK based JPG images.

30. StariSob1 October 2013, 15:09 GMT +02:00

Well, you do not need to use photoshop to increase pixel count - this would usually degrade artwork, depending on how much you are increasing picture.

Easiest way is to use export from illustrator. Depending on a version, you will have various options to chose.
The most important are:
a) Image -> Color model, as jazza said - should be RGB.
b) For the "pixel count" you can use options under "Resolution" group. There you can set predefined or custom resolution of the .jpg file.

If you worked in CMYK color, if you wish you can convert (a copy of) your document with File/Document Color mode.
And you can embed color profile in your files. That can help to preserve colors in your files across computers, screens etc.

Hope that helps! :)

31. coolhewitt231 October 2013, 16:00 GMT +02:00

Thanks for the information, I just changed the file format to RGB. I was reading the posts on the ripper tread. Does anybody consider using a small water mark to protect their work.

have a great day,
coolhewitt23

32. weirdvis1 October 2013, 17:27 GMT +02:00

Cool, adding a watermark to the images renders them unsuitable for stock use. Many people who download from this site would not know how to remove the watermark. Had RGBStock been a pay to download site a watermark would be present on the images prior to download but removed once payment is made. A watermark doesn't actually protect an image. Anyone adept at using editing software could remove one.

33. lennie6 October 2013, 23:17 GMT +02:00

I'm with weirdvis about how useful it would be to add watermarks.

At the moment we make no changes what so ever to the original files not even the embedded meta data (like exif).

Partly because of copyright reasons. As the file is not our file, the original author has the copyright. Technically we didn't ask the author if we can change the file. If I'm not mistaken our terms don't say we will do so if we need to.

And partly to make sure our software and the automated software we use do not corrupt any files. As an example: not every browser displays certain images in the same way than for example Photoshop would display it. The people doing the approving are our last defence to notice any corruption in image files and they will look at the file through a browser, they might not notice if it was corrupted by our software. It could be in theory that corruption is only visible when it's in loaded in a different program like for example Photoshop.

As they say: sometimes it better to err on the side of caution.

34. coolhewitt238 October 2013, 17:44 GMT +02:00

I've never heard of an exif file. I will have to look that up online. I just uploaded some special silver coins micro's from China, if anybody has any requests for stock photography from Asia. Please let me know and I will try to get photo's.

35. lennie8 October 2013, 20:38 GMT +02:00

EXIF isn't an image format.

EXIF is the way certain information is stored in image files like JPEG. This is 'meta' information like when was the image created and what type of camera was used or was the file created with Photoshop and so on.

36. coolhewitt239 October 2013, 15:40 GMT +02:00

I love Photoshop and illustrator. Adobe has recently moved all its software to cloud based format which basically means no more boxed cd sets. I was thinking about buying CS6 but its not much different from CS5.5. I'm guessing that you can't create posters on this site and upload them as a jpeg.

37. xymonau9 October 2013, 23:05 GMT +02:00

When you say "this site", do you mean RGBStock? If they are original work, there is no reason why you can't. The largest file size is 30 megabytes. If you mean using other people's images here to make a poster, you would require their permission to do that.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera