Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > No bagels?

No bagels?

1. crisderaud5 April 2010, 3:37 GMT +02:00

We don't have enough food shots. We don't have one bagel on the site. I searched through a bunch of food categories and we are starving for food. We have enough eggs and maybe enough vegetables, but our baked goods and pizzas and common foods could use a boost.

This is not to say any food shots will be an immediate hit, but if you are looking for a topic, we could use more food.

26. Berenika6 April 2010, 10:30 GMT +02:00

Ha ha ha marvelous - maybe we should have new forum section with culinary recipies! But Cris - your wish is order to me - it's time to use oven and bake something ;-)
To be honest I crazy about photography but also about cooking - for easter i'm usually prepare about ten diffrents typ of cakes and hmoe baked bread - but it's hard to make a photo, everything disappears very fast :-)

27. mzacha6 April 2010, 10:38 GMT +02:00

I will chat with my friend who has several food photos on sxc. Maybe she will move her gallery here...

28. xymonau6 April 2010, 10:57 GMT +02:00

Patrycja, if I was there you DEFINITELY would have nothing to photograph! Home made cakes...MMMM!

29. happyture6 April 2010, 11:11 GMT +02:00

Ahhhhhhhh, the smell, the sweet, smell of a cake cooking, you can taste em with ya nose....mmmm,,,

30. crisderaud6 April 2010, 15:51 GMT +02:00

Thanks for baking us one Patrycja and sending the photo! This one we'll taste with our eyes!

31. Berenika6 April 2010, 16:18 GMT +02:00

There will be more then one, Cris , for sure!
I'm trying to find all cakes which survived after visit of cookie monsters during Easter :-)))

32. fishmonk6 April 2010, 21:53 GMT +02:00

Some lovely photos there, Patrycja! Good food too!

33. xymonau7 April 2010, 0:34 GMT +02:00

Patrycja, you must move to Australia. Next door to me, preferably. Food always tastes better when someone else makes it, and I think you are probably an excellent cook.

34. Berenika7 April 2010, 14:19 GMT +02:00

OH thanks for all comments, downloads and good opinions about photos and food quality... so much support :-)))) I really appreciate this very much.
I'm not a excellent cook - I just like to prepare food for others and I'm very happy when other folks like it. And as Cris notice, recipes are very old and traditional. If anybody want any of them, please just let me know.
You suggest Australia Dez? hmmm in Bergen we have got more then 200 days of rain each year - If I will be tired with this be prepared -I'm coming to Australia then !

35. xymonau7 April 2010, 16:15 GMT +02:00

I'd love the babka recipe. Although I can't use milk or dairy, I can usually find something else that works.

36. xymonau12 April 2010, 14:39 GMT +02:00

Patrycja sent me the recipe for babka. I'm going to try it shortly. I sent her a recipe for Lamingtons, a real Australian favourite cake. It's hard to think of anything specifically Australian in food. We have a very international cuisine. The Aboriginal foods are interesting. We do have lots of native food plants. But they are rare in the supermarkets, so they aren't eaten by most. No, it's our tradition to enjoy everyone else's traditional food!

37. Berenika12 April 2010, 15:51 GMT +02:00

Thanks for Lamingtons recipe - I will try to bake and make a photo of result . I have heard something about pavlova cake - was this type of cake invented in Australia? It's one of my favourities :-)
In Poland we have got a lot of traditional recipes - but not so much ingredients are available abroad...

38. fishmonk12 April 2010, 20:53 GMT +02:00

@25 - I saved them for you but you didn't come round. Did I forget to text you my address? Apologies.

39. fishmonk25 April 2010, 0:18 GMT +02:00

No pictures of someone having a massage. (except one fish massage).
More of this needed ppls!

40. xymonau25 April 2010, 2:17 GMT +02:00

I missed your question @ 37, sorry! Yes, pavlova was invented here. Nothing more delicious than a beautifully prepared pavlova with thick, rich cream and a lot of fruit. I can't eat it any more - dairy gives me asthma - but it would be really nice if I could get away with it just once! LOL I can't, though.

41. xymonau25 April 2010, 4:36 GMT +02:00

Today is ANZAC Day, when Australian and New Zealand people commemorate a particular battle in the first world war. It is a fiercely national day for those who are into such things, and it is celebrated in Turkey, and parts of France as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villers-Bretonneux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_day
For Patrycja and anyone else who wants the recipe, here is an Australian recipe for ANZAC biscuits. (ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, as it was then known.)

Ingredients
1 cup of rolled oats
3 quarters of a cup of desiccated coconut
1 cup of plain flour
125g of butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
half a teaspoon of bi-carb soda
1 tablespoon of water

Method
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
2. In a bowl mix together the oats, flour, sugar & coconut
3.In a saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup together
4. Mix together the water and bi-carb soda. Once it is mixed together add it into the saucepan with the butter and syrup.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly.
6. Scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and lay them down across a greased tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

42. xymonau25 April 2010, 5:02 GMT +02:00

And then take some photos and upload them here! LOL

43. crisderaud25 April 2010, 6:09 GMT +02:00

Looking at the most recent downloaded photos on the stats page I see a lot of good food and wine photos being downloaded.

I love the new stats page for seeing what is moving and how much is going out each day.

http://www.rgbstock.com/stats

44. Berenika26 April 2010, 17:39 GMT +02:00

@42 Dez thanks for Anzac receipe - I will try, I promise :-) Pavlova is one of the best cakes ever, I love it :-)

45. jonfletch26 April 2010, 18:37 GMT +02:00

@ 37 and 40, the Kiwi's have put in a claim to inventing Pavlova! It was first created in the 1920s when the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova was touring Australia and New Zealand. It was named in her honour. There has been something of a diplomatic row over this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4696575.stm

I don't care who invented it, it tastes great either way!

46. weirdvis27 April 2010, 8:25 GMT +02:00

Did someone mention cake and pavlova?

Droooooooool

47. fishmonk2 May 2010, 21:58 GMT +02:00

BURGERS - not many in stock!!!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera