Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

8114. gesinek9 March 2013, 14:57 GMT +01:00

I take no risk.We have to heat the

oven

it's getting cold again

8115. xymonau9 March 2013, 15:40 GMT +01:00

I'll be glad when it gets cold here. The awful heat will be

over.

8116. Ayla8710 March 2013, 16:17 GMT +01:00

Now, it's time for me to tell you about my cloister experience. Maybe I'll have to tell you the story in portions due to time reasons, we'll see. How do I start, and before I forget - it was a

very

interesting weekend for me. The daily schedule of events was always the same on every day and gave the days some structure and routine. The programme went from 6.00 in the morning till 21.00 hours. So we can't say we weren't kept busy for our money. I had no problem to get up that early (I usually get up even earlier), that was quite okay for me. Most of the day we spend sitting around staring at the wall, LOL. Well, meditation, as practised there, wasn't spooky at all, because we were not tolt to imagine anything strange, or geach some higher level of consciousness or anything like that. The main aim of being in that cloister was to live right in the moment, stop jumping around with your mind in the past or in the future and begin to relax a little bit by all means. Mindfulness is the great word what you should strive after when you want to do yourself a pleasure. I found that it was quite hard work to meditate this way, mainly by focusing on your breath to calm you down. I sat on a chair from the first moment on and not on one of those meditation cushions with crumpled legs. More and more of the other 36 participants envied me and began to use a chair, too, during the course. Still, my back hurt a lot, it was quite uncomfortable to sit motionless and upright for such a long time. What shall I say: not my thing! I couldn't tame my thoughts, even though I tried

very, very

hard. What I liked more were the other exercises in mindfulness, especially "bodywork" was interesting. Not that I'm easily motivated to move myself and do anything in the direction of sports or movement, but I could feel instantly, that it did ease my pain in my back and the muscles to relax myself and do some little exercises. The course instructor suggested to me I should try to take lessons in Qigong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong

She gave me the address of an instructor here in Berlin. I'll see if that is something I can manage. That instructor must be prwetty good to motivate me and must be a miracle worker in cracking hard nuts if it is going to be of any use... But indeed, it might be some slight and not so hasty kond of movement and might be able to "distract" me from my head, so that I don't live too top-heavy all the time...

The people who gathered in the cloister were very friendly, I was among the youngest in our course. We had to take part in the daily work of the cloister (1 work hour every day), I choose kitchen work, where I have some experience in. Now I had to dry the dishes of about 100 people fresh from the dishwasher every evening. A good exercise, I really enjoyed it. No broken porcelain.

So much as a first report. And what did your doctor say? Did you get your physio prescription?

8117. xymonau11 March 2013, 8:11 GMT +01:00

I have to go back to Brisbane next Friday for another visit. There were blood tests that took longer than normal tests, and a few other things that had to be done. I'll hopefully have some treatment plan by then. I also had some family stuff - got to see my little granddaughters, who stayed with me for two nights. I mentioned this elsewhere: one of them asked me if snow was real. It was so cute. They are getting to the age where they realise that not all they see is real, and we were watching something on TV that had snow in it. Given that they are little Queensland girls, snow isn't in their life experience yet. Not in mine, either! LOL

I'm glad you got some benefit from your trip. I've heard of Qigong. I hope it really helps you.

I look forward to hearing more about the cloister. Are some of the recent photos from there?

I have to go, so I'll end this with the next word - rove.

8118. Ayla8711 March 2013, 13:25 GMT +01:00

You will earn yourself a

rose

when you bravely do all those tests and consultations with the doctor. I hope that he will give you a nice and really helpful treatment plan which is worth the drive.

We have a week of snow again right now here, which is quite late in the year, but I like it anyhow. Late snow may be a sign that the summer is going to be long and hot. We'll see...

This is the cloister chapel:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/nZjMxuK/bavarian+church+dome
And this is the main building of the cloister:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/nZdmUDY/half-timbered+house
Doesn't specifically look cloisterish, but very atmospheric anyhow.
That zen garden was right outside of my bedroom, a nice outlook:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/nZjOKh4/meditative+zen+garden
Most of the new photos were from the tiny village surrounding the cloister (1.000 inhabitants)

They have a town hall, a bank and two restaurants, but no shops at all. To buy anything to eat they have to drive to the next larger town. It was all rather quiet there, a nice place for long walks into nature (which I did in every break, good occasion to shoot some photos). I also did make friends with the cloister cat who lives in the main hall. A fat cat, three or four times as big as any one of our cats, but very cuddly, too.

The cloister offered veggie food only which was very tasty and enjoyable. I must admit that I have eaten some delicacies which I have no idea of what I have eaten because they haven't published a menu to tell us what their warm mash was made of, but it was always delightful. And what can you tell me from the food front?

8119. gesinek12 March 2013, 20:55 GMT +01:00

I'll talk a little bit in between :-)

Fine you enjoyed your trip Michael.

Mash recipe:

about 1.2 Kg potatoes
1 Kg carrots

cut to little dices/slices, boil it, mash it with milk, flavour with

salt, pepper, muscat
and add a lot of fine sliced parsley

Yum!!!!

For not veggies
Serve it with fried egg, sunny side up
or
with turkey rolled in bacon, fried on low heat, with peanut sauce (peanut butter with milk and chili pepper and may be a little bit of corn flower)

Your (and here comes THE word)

nose

will enjoy it before you taste it!

For two persons for two days

8120. Ayla8713 March 2013, 7:04 GMT +01:00

This sounds really tasty, Gesine. Now tell me, how am I ever going to

lose

any weight when you tell me so yummy receipes? It's certainly better, then, to start with the veggie version and not to try to eat the portion for two persons for two days all at once... ;-)

8121. xymonau13 March 2013, 7:42 GMT +01:00

But far more fun.

Well, I've been a bit busy and tired, so forgive my lack of response. I'm off to Brisbane on Friday as well, so I have to get packed in the evenings as I can't leave late. It continues to rain so my house is draped with wet clothing right now. The dryer is outside and the rain keeps getting to it, and I'm frightened to use it when it has been rained on! LOL

Your photos are fascinating, Michael. I'll have a closer look at them later. It looks like a nice environment. It's quite odd that the town has no shops, isn't it? Over here, if there's a pub and a shop, it's a town. Never mind inhabitants. They'll crawl out of the woodwork for the pub, and then they'll get hungry and go to the shop.

Gesine, my son was a picky eater as a child - still is. I used to give him about six different vegetables all mashed together. As long as one was potato, he was happy. I'd use a bit of margarine and salt, and often add a raw egg, which cooked with the heat of the veges. Apart from a very occasional sickness, he was as healthy as anything. Weetbix, bananas and mashed veges. And sometimes hot chips. He nearly starved to death when we went to New York.

Michael, was the mash you ate just vegetables?

Last night I had a fruit craving. I had a fruit salad made from grapes, honeydew and rockmelon, and pineapple. I had a custard apple as well. Then two nectarines. I followed it up with some rye crispbread and - I'm ashamed to say - chicken. I had a meat craving a few days ago and bought a roast chicken. I really have to stop. My cholesterol is too high. But it tasted good. It sounds like a lot, but the fruit salad was small, as was the other fruit. I'm glad I can eat rockmelon again. For a long time it tasted like metal to me.

I made up a very nutty fried rice with cashews and pine nuts again recently. Sesame oil, onion and garlic and some frozen veg, soy sauce and some other spices. It was nice, and I had lots to freeze. It's very filling and satisfies the meat craving - which is probably just a protein craving. But I find pine nuts are expensive. Are they expensive in Germany?

soul

8122. gesinek13 March 2013, 10:12 GMT +01:00

Sometimes we mash that with butter or margarine. But I don't want to commit a

foul

I was thinking of Micheals figur. ;-)

And Dez pine nuts are very expensive here

8123. xymonau13 March 2013, 10:23 GMT +01:00

I guess they might be hard to harvest. I know nothing about them, to be honest. I guess that's my next internet search, so I won't sound like a

fool

8124. Ayla8713 March 2013, 11:25 GMT +01:00

A dryer outside is a good idea to keep the humidity out. We dry our clothes on the balcony if the wheather permits it. The laundry racks give the cats some opportunity for climbing ;-)

I agree, a town without a shop is odd. I suppose shops can't make enough profit here with too few customers, so they are concentrated somewhere nearer larger towns. The towns are not far apart from another here.

I suppose the mesh they served was made mostly of some grains, nearly like Weetbix.

Good to hear that you have made friends with rockmelons again. I think they are quite tasty.

I can also understand that you have become a victim of some chicken craving. It's hard to withstand chicken, they tend to be tempting... That must be the reason why I eat a chicken menu once a week even though I try to live vegetarian the rest of the time.

Yes, pine nuts are rather expensive over here, too. Maybe they are quite time-consuming in preparation or harvesting? Have you ever topped a

soup

with nuts? Your fried rice sounds great, too...

Now it's time for my break. I have to go shopping, we need butter, coffee and a few other things...

8125. Groningen13 March 2013, 17:19 GMT +01:00

Dez is famous for her soup!
Some people claim it has a

soul,

or was it that eating that soup cost you yours?

8126. xymonau14 March 2013, 3:10 GMT +01:00

Ah, you win some, you

lose

some...

8127. Ayla8714 March 2013, 6:36 GMT +01:00

I'd

love

to win, but I'm not a very talented winner really. The good news is: I'm a rich man, I save a lot of money because I don't spend it on lotteries, LOL

8128. xymonau14 March 2013, 12:40 GMT +01:00

The love of money is the root of all

evil

anyway. Mind you, I'd love to have enough with me long enough to develop a love relationship. Just as an experiment. Honestly...

8129. Ayla8714 March 2013, 13:02 GMT +01:00

You can surely

live

far more relaxed with a well stuffed pillow. I'm all for playing squirrel with the money, collecting it and keeping it for when the times may get worse. We live rather sparing (no great voyages, no car, no kids, only those two cats), that helps to save money...

8130. gesinek17 March 2013, 12:09 GMT +01:00

So you can safe a lot of money for your

life

evening.

8131. Ayla8717 March 2013, 12:33 GMT +01:00

yes, we

the idea to be prepared in case our health gets worse and we need to invest some money then, perhaps for a better retirement home.

8132. gesinek17 March 2013, 22:25 GMT +01:00

Goverment is not amused to care for you when you get old and need some treatment.
They think it's

evil

to spend some money for social cares

8133. Ayla8718 March 2013, 6:38 GMT +01:00

vile

old aged people are a nuisance for the government, they cost too much money and there are too many of them... And they dare to live ever longer...

8134. xymonau18 March 2013, 9:27 GMT +01:00

But they continue to tell

lies

about caring for their citizens.

Well, my pillow is about to lose a bit of stuffing. I'm having two weeks off work - possibly three. And running from town to town for various medical tests that we don't have here. I'm relieved to have a beak from work, as it has been a struggle recently. I get to play ladies and sleep a lot. I had my first "nanna nap" today. Bliss!

8135. Ayla8718 March 2013, 11:08 GMT +01:00

lets

face it - health always has to come first, so you do everything absolutely right even if they miss you now at work. I'm positively impressed that your doctor is so thoroughly examining and testing what can be done to help you. I think this is a good sign that he really wants to achieve something.

You see that you have to catch up a lot of sleep and this tells us you have to care for yourself much more, too. Obviously nobody will do that in your place, so make the best of those extra weeks.

8136. xymonau19 March 2013, 7:21 GMT +01:00

The rest didn't

last.

I'm still on call and have had several calls and had to do some phoning around to place someone. I have to go in to work for a while tomorrow to sign off on time sheets so everyone will be paid. I will make some more calls re the placement, and then go organise an MRI - although I won't have it tomorrow. I'm hoping it can be done this week and I can get a cortisone injection as soon as possible. My other hand is getting worse and I have to have one functioning one.

It has been nice not to feel under pressure to go to work, though. I'm naturally a very lazy person! LOL

How are you, Michael? Have you and Christa been well? And Gesine, are you doing any more qualifications?

8137. Ayla8719 March 2013, 14:08 GMT +01:00

I can imagine that they are

lost

without you at work, so they will always keep on calling as long as you are around to help. That's not too relaxing. I hope you won't have to wait too long for the MRI - sometimes there may be quite long queues waiting to be served by those loud monster machines. Cortisone should be able to give you some relieve, but I think your hands still need a lot more of rest.

My migraine is bothering me a little bit more often lately, but the medics help quite well to prevent that it gets all too bad. Unfortunately Christa is bothered by migraine, too. We share a lot of things, obviously...

Our cats are still struggling about who is the boss among them. We have now ordered a load of cat-toys to distract them and keep them busy. If they can't find a peaceful arrangement we will have to give away one of them, so they better behave if they want to stay...

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera