Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

8762. Ayla8718 December 2013, 6:47 GMT +01:00

Yes, we continue to look for a new place, but we also still hope the neighbours will calm down because they should realise that it isn't really right how they behave. They will have trouble with everyone who lives there after us, so they could as well begin to arrange themselves with the situation (which is a pretty normal neighbourship).

The full moon looks really nice currently, sometimes hidden behind a little bit of mist...

He watches over me

most

of the time when I walk to my workplace very early in the morning.

8763. gesinek18 December 2013, 9:49 GMT +01:00

Yes the moon looks great.

I tried to make some photos, but I can't find the right camera setting. So they are mostly all bad. The moon was standing behind some bare branches of a big tree when I brought the litter to the litterbox. I hurried to get the camera and the tripod but I was too slow and the moon raised in the sky, the scene was not that what I saw before and settings, settings, settings...

In automatic mode the camera has too much noise in the pictures. Grrhhh

May be I can have

some

new attempts tonight, not sure if will be cloudy this evening

8764. xymonau18 December 2013, 13:55 GMT +01:00

That's the frustrating thing about capturing the light. You have minutes only before everything changes, and you have to be lucky and persistent at the same time to get just the right shot.

Michael, what time do you start work?

Christine, Ed and Willem must know when they are onto a good thing!

8765. Ayla8718 December 2013, 14:37 GMT +01:00

Oh, I usually work from 06.00 to 14.45, that's long enough for me...

And now I go

home

8766. Groningen19 December 2013, 1:16 GMT +01:00

what is it with kids/pets that as soon as you praise them, they're up to something naughty.
Surprise; Ed did escape today (Wednesday)!
I was getting them fresh water and food like everyday and I always keep the lid of then because they stay in their tank…..
not today when I came back Ed was scurrying on the floor! Not good.
Lucky for me he didn't like the floor very much (cold, dusty) so I managed to catch him quickly.
Willem was surprised too, he sniffed at his brother as if to say "what's wrong with you?"
And for the rest of the evening Ed very quietly slept in their gerbil-home.
Ah kids ;-)

mode

8767. Ayla8719 December 2013, 6:38 GMT +01:00

The short trip was a tiring adventure obviously. But it tells us that it is better to be watchful and not rely on your luck. Ed is curious enough to try that again...

mood

8768. xymonau19 December 2013, 11:02 GMT +01:00

Is it much of a drop from the tank to the floor? He may have been a bit sore and sorry for himself. Perhaps they both duck out and back again before you know it when you're feeding them. I'll have to be careful not to ask again. Clearly, they can read, and I've put ideas into their heads.

Was it Ed that escaped before?

doom

8769. Groningen19 December 2013, 22:14 GMT +01:00

I've had a serious talk with both brothers and they "pwommissed" never ever to do that again (holding their paws behind their backs)

I left the lid off today and they did stay in their tank
Dez: it's the other one Willem who is the most daring and adventurous, Ed is the quiet one so I was really surprised to find him outside his comfort-zone
I hope he managed to drop first on the table and then to the floor because tank-floor is a huge drop for a tiny rodent. Ed wasn't limping or so just unhappy.

BTW I have made photos of the illusion cat knee-highs, uploaded them on Ravelry and I've put the link on my FB page
I'm happy and think they are gorgeous (but it's my own work so who am I to praise myself) so LIKE me please!
God I'm turning into an attention-wh*re and I hate people who make a spectacle of themselves

boom

8770. xymonau21 December 2013, 11:39 GMT +01:00

Animals seem to take a lot more damage to their bodies than we can, but he must have had a bit of a shock!

I let my birds out for a fly today, and my poor Little Chicken freaked out at something and flew headfirst into the sliding glass doors. There is a screen outside and I thought he would realise. He fell on the floor, and then stepped onto my hand. I think he was shaken for a while and it worried me. Birds always pretend to be well, even if they are dying. He was closing his eyes and shaking. After an hour or so, he seemed to be back to normal. Poor thing. He could have broken his neck.

The odd thing is that this morning when I was feeding the wild birds, I was sitting on a chair and taking photos. Something spooked them all, and a rainbow lorikeet flew straight past my shoulder and whacked into the same sliding door. He got straight up and flew away, but I have seen many birds not so lucky over the years. They either think there is nothing there, or they see a reflection of the outdoors in them and assume they can fly straight ahead.

I had malware in my computer for several days and I have been trying to sort it out, so I haven't looked for your photos on Facebook yet, Christine. I'll do that shortly. It's fine to acknowledge what you're good at, and when you make something well, it's far more satisfying if you can share your achievement. I definitely wish I had even half your skill.

mobs

8771. Groningen22 December 2013, 18:23 GMT +01:00

with the right pattern anybody can knit something beautiful
I have finished the first sock of a pair that is going to be the birthday present for the other sister *^*
you still think twins are cool?

These socks have a nice lace pattern, which is driving me crazy because the pattern doesn't tell me how to do a ten-stitch-pattern on a 36 stitch upper foot-part
it just tells me to do that.
I have searched on Ravelry for information and there are two kinds of knitters who have busied themselves with this pattern.
One kind has breezily finished a superb pair of socks
the other kind has given up
no info on the foot, non :-(

well then I make my own variation *raspberry*

snob

8772. Ayla8723 December 2013, 6:49 GMT +01:00

I had malware in my head from friday to sunday, still not feeling all too happy, but I'm back art work now. I'm going to talk with my neurologist that it is obviously about time to realise that botox treatment she mentioned lately. It is well known for its effectifeness against severe migraine cases.

http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-botox-for-migraine-10899

snow

8773. Groningen23 December 2013, 17:33 GMT +01:00

I hope the malware takes a Christmas holiday, Michael

woes

8774. Ayla8724 December 2013, 8:46 GMT +01:00

Oh, the attacks don't come that fast one after the other, mostly I have at least about a week to relax.

Now -- Happy Christmas to you, my friends!

does

8775. xymonau24 December 2013, 23:55 GMT +01:00

Christine, you ARE excellent at knitting. Following a pattern and retaining everything are not easy for many. And knitting evenly is the other challenge. You make beautiful things.

Michael, I hope you get through xmas without another attack. I think the botox is a great idea. Where do they inject it?

I know Christine's plans for the day, but what are you and Gesine doing for the day?

I wish you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year. Having friends from all around the planet is amazing, and you all bring something special to my life. Thank you for your friendship.

dote

8776. gesinek25 December 2013, 17:13 GMT +01:00

We stayed at home yesterday and today. Telephone call with mum, FB with my brothers in 2 hours I have to go to work and tomorrow we are invited to a dinner. A goose is waiting for us.

A bright and peaceful Christmas for you all

date

8777. xymonau26 December 2013, 3:09 GMT +01:00

I hope you enjoyed your meal, Gesine. I have never eaten goose, and only sampled duck once (didn't like it). I didn't taste turkey until Thanksgiving in the US (I was obliged to eat it out of courtesy). I don't mind the taste now, but it's not something I buy much - and have never cooked one. Given that my preference is vegan (I'm currently not vegan), then I rarely buy or cook meat, anyway.

What herbs and spices go with goose?

diet

8778. xymonau26 December 2013, 11:05 GMT +01:00

There are four fires burning in the area where I live, and not very far away. the smoke is getting to be a real problem. It's hard to keep it out as it seeps in under the door. I'm inclined to have asthma, and it's making me feel very congested. I can taste it and smell it constantly. Only one home has been threatened, and the place where the closest fire is burning is on inaccessible land, so the fire crews are monitoring it. This has been going on since Christmas day. I really hope they can put the fires out, or that it will rain (not likely). Even my air conditioners don't seem to be helping much. Oh, well, if it's the same tomorrow, I'm going for a drive somewhere where I can get some fresh air! I just felt the need to post this as the smell is awful. Poor animals in the wild can't get any relief, though.

Fires here, floods in Europe. Never ends, does it?

tide

8779. Groningen26 December 2013, 16:57 GMT +01:00

Dez: maybe it helps when you put a wet towel on the floor in front of the door, should stop the smoke from getting under the door and into your house;
here in Groningen we do not get wildfires but we have four harbors here in the city, and a lot of people living on boats, all those boats have wood stoves and in winter the smell of woodsmoke can get strong. Some people like the smell but if you have asthma or COPD you'll wish for summer.

time

BTW: my sister loves the socks and my mothers wants me to knit her a pair of knee-highs ;-)

8780. xymonau27 December 2013, 0:43 GMT +01:00

Brilliant - I knew they would love them.

I had thought of the towels, but there are several places it's getting in. It's also getting in at the top of the door, around the portable air conditioner tubing in the window and through the little mesh bit in the toilet window. My hands are too bad to tape things right now. I kept the toilet door closed (that was a smoke house!) and wrapped the curtain as closely as I could manage around the gaps in the window. And I put a small fan on facing the door in the hopes that the breeze would stop the smoke from getting in. The door is on my bedroom. Out in the lounge there are high ceilings and no gaps, so it wasn't as bad.

Fortunately, the wind seems to have changed direction, or the fires are out. There is a hint of smoke, but the air seems fresh, and I've opened the house to get some oxygen! It's a hot day, so I think the air con is about to be put on, too, but I want to last as long as I can without it. Now I have two, the bill is going to cripple me.

So what festive food did you have, Christine?

trim

8781. Ayla8727 December 2013, 7:01 GMT +01:00

Good that the air is getting better now. During migraine attacks I'm very sensitive for smells so I can imagine how it feels when you can't breathe properly.

Our (traditional - our little family tradition) festive christmas food was self-made vegetarian christmas pizza which was very delicious as always and didn't survive very long.

Today I'm already back at work.

grim

8782. xymonau27 December 2013, 7:37 GMT +01:00

That sounds delicious, Michael. Sorry you're back at work already. I'm lucky that I was able to take the full week off. I have had only one work call so far, so that's great. This may be the last year that we get the time off, as the new company promised no changes for 12 months only. It will be interesting to see how the year pans out.

I imagine you wouldn't be too busy at this time of year, or am I wrong?

emir

8783. xymonau28 December 2013, 6:17 GMT +01:00

I wanted to show you the honour I have received from a show called, "More of the Best of Set List" - a comedy show where comedians are put on stage and given subjects that they have to do impromptu comedy about. Clearly, the producers had heard of my wonderful soup, and they had me in mind when they set this topic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/xymonau/Imfamousagain.jpg

emit

8784. gesinek29 December 2013, 21:02 GMT +01:00

Of course your soup is soup of the year ;-)

The goose: You can fill it with apples, oranges, thyme and other spices. Salt, pepper from inside and outside, put it in the oven on a grid with a high walled baking tray under it in with you fill water and orange juice to get a sauce later on. 1hour/Kg at about 180°, pour water on it about every half-hour. And with the goose was red cabbage and bread dumplings.

Are the fires out? That sounds really scary for me to have fires so near by that you suffer from the smoke.

time

8785. xymonau30 December 2013, 6:48 GMT +01:00

Does it taste the same as duck, Gesine?

Yes, they burned for a few days even after some rain, which quelled them a bit. But last night's storm that we had would have put out a million fires. Wow! There were more than 11,000 lighting strikes. Yes, that's correct. It was frightening. I was lucky and lost power only momentarily a couple of times (then I gave up and went to bed). But the lightning flashes were non-stop for at least an hour, with no let up. I'm not exaggerating. The skies were flashing constantly. It was like daylight with strobes! LOL I hate lightning, so I found it hard to settle, but eventually it tapered off a bit. In spite of that, power outages seem to be the worst of the damage. It was hailing as well as raining, and on my tin roof, the noise was very loud.

The weather lately reminds me of Dorothea Mackellar's poem, "My Country". Old, but really very true. http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/my-country/

mute

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera