Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

1. happyture18 February 2011, 9:34 GMT +01:00

Thanks, could of warned me though, as the shock has made me go all Funny-er than normal... :o)

2042. xymonau10 December 2012, 9:34 GMT +01:00

I should have added more poison to the birthday cake, then?

Oopsy! Did I say that out loud?

You arent swallerin' them toenails when you bites 'em, is you? That allus gives me a bellyache.

2043. happyture12 December 2012, 7:00 GMT +01:00

Na i aint bitin toenails no more since the accident :O(

2044. xymonau12 December 2012, 9:49 GMT +01:00

I warnded you not to bite 'em while you woz drivin', dinteye?

2045. happyture19 December 2012, 9:55 GMT +01:00

You Did and i payed the price dineye, I bean a bit bizzy just lately bean here n there, there n here, but im back for a short while, Are you all ready four Xmas down there in sunny Oztralia , I just dont seam two bee able two get intwo the mood at all :(

2046. xymonau19 December 2012, 22:53 GMT +01:00

Ah, the Mood. Well, I'm in a bad one, if it helps. I am having next week off work, driving to Brisbane on xmas day and hopefully seeing my son and his partner on the day. Then he gets the girlies on Boxing day, and I will be there for another two nights. The motel is as dear as poison, but it's worth it to see them. I don't know how my back will go with all that driving. If I sneeze or cough it can make me nearly pass out. But it's not too bad right now if I'm really careful, and I think it will be okay.

Work is a nightmare. I have to have everything covered for the time I'm off. I'm still on call 24/7 and also responsible for calls from the greater organisation which is closed for that time. (My workplace isn't.) I think it might end up being hell on wheels and not at all restful, but we'll see. Between now and going home on Friday I have too much to do. I also have clients to deal with. I may have to pop in on xmas day before I hit the highway, just to say a "merry xmas".

I never like being on the roads on public holidays, but the last two times I drove on xmas day it was pretty quiet. There aren't many semitrailers around on that day, and most of the drunks are legless and being mean to their families and pets.

There are always places open on the day, particularly the big service stations, so that's not a problem. And in spite of the effort involved, I still enjoy the actual trip. There's something about being on the open road that I like. But it is about four hours away (to get to the side of Brisbane where I'm staying), and I'm always glad to finally arrive, as well.

I hope you end up having a nice day, even if you can't work up the enthusiasm. I hate xmas. It's the worst time of the year for me both at work and personally, and it never lives up to expectations, even when things are going really well. I'm grateful I have the ability still to get around and see my family. And I'm very grateful for all the good things this year. In spite of all my health things, people have been there for me all the way through.

How is your health, Mike?

2047. happyture20 December 2012, 23:01 GMT +01:00

Well Dezzie that was Epic, Your time has been fully book up hasn't it really, I hate driving long distances as i always feel like i have been run over by a bus when i eventually get out the car, you must feel the same, I feel Xmas is for the children but the expense of it has gone through the roof, silly amounts of money, the kids are not happy with a game and a bag of sweets OH no its a laptop or Sony play station, I can remember having a calculator one year as a kid and i thought i was the bees knees, Yeah my health is OK at the moment, i hate saying that because its tempting fate,, I really hope you enjoy your family visit and have a great Christmas, OH and drive carefully too :O)

2048. xymonau21 December 2012, 7:45 GMT +01:00

The amount of money spent on kids just turns them into greedy adults. I can never understand why people with limited income go into debt to buy things they simply can't afford for their children just because it's Christmas. I agree with you. Anything was considered wonderful when I was little. You got a bike only if you were rich, and only around the age of ten or so. A watch when you were about twelve. Only working teenagers got anything like a record player or a radio when I was little, although the transistors were getting a lot cheaper when I hit my teens.

I don't think there's any going back, but I do wish parents would realise they are making kids into monsters when they go overboard on material goods. Take them to the beach (here, that is - I don't think the middle of winter in the UK is quite appropriate for beach-going) or play a game with them. Kids need time, not stuff.

2049. happyture21 December 2012, 10:49 GMT +01:00

Ahh the good olde days, yes playing snakes and ladders Xmas morning, eating the tangerines out of your Xmas stocking,,,sweets,,,then the "MIGHTY XMAS DINNER" I loved my Ma's Xmas Dinner, Her road kill delight was notoriously known and loved by the whole family ...

2050. xymonau22 December 2012, 13:14 GMT +01:00

At least yours was only badgers. Have you ever tasted KOALA?! They taste just like Vicks Vaporub! No amount of gravy can fix that!

2051. happyture22 December 2012, 16:09 GMT +01:00

Spose its all the eucalyptus they eat bless um,

2052. xymonau23 December 2012, 2:38 GMT +01:00

Well, we were poor. Maybe Mum used Vicks for the gravy.

2053. happyture24 December 2012, 9:42 GMT +01:00

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaa,,, Bet you never had a runny nose as a kid though didya flower :O)

2054. xymonau24 December 2012, 9:57 GMT +01:00

I was so poor I diddent HAVE a nose! My parents couldn't afford one.

2055. happyture24 December 2012, 12:50 GMT +01:00

Ha ha ha,,,well you growed a nice little nose now aint ya :O)

2056. xymonau24 December 2012, 13:07 GMT +01:00

Yeah, but I has to trim it hevery so hoffen. 'Cause I tells fibs.

2057. happyture24 December 2012, 14:06 GMT +01:00

I never tell fibs, I always tells the troof as a use to get a belt for both :O) so my nose is normal,,well as normal as i am anywho :O)

2058. xymonau24 December 2012, 14:20 GMT +01:00

So it's broken then?

2059. happyture24 December 2012, 14:35 GMT +01:00

IT is,,it was,,I can still sniff wivit though :O)

2060. xymonau24 December 2012, 14:58 GMT +01:00

I'm losing my sense of smell as I get older. Probably from years of smoking.

2061. happyture24 December 2012, 15:16 GMT +01:00

No, I smell really bad, flies follow me everywhere i go, just call me Mr Popular :O)

2062. xymonau24 December 2012, 15:27 GMT +01:00

There was an old song about Australia that went something like, "50 million blowflies can't be wrong". I accept their judgment on you.

Now - MERRY CHRISTMAS! It's 12:25 am on xmas morning, and Santa still doesn't know where I am. I'm tired of sitting up and waiting for him, so I'm off to bed. Good night, Mikey. Get to bed early in your evening. You've a big day ahead of you!

2063. happyture27 December 2012, 11:04 GMT +01:00

Well its been an gone,,,,,all over sept for the rubbish collection,,,wasn't that fun, I loved watching my grandson open his prezzies bless him.. Xmas dinner was good too, ate too much but hey thats what its all about init Hope you are having fun Dezzie :O)

2064. xymonau30 December 2012, 6:46 GMT +01:00

Thanks, Mikey. Always glad it's over. Had a good drive down. Lots of traffic closer to Brisbane, but no trucks or caravans, so it was great. We had a platter of meats and fruits and various comestibles in the late afternoon, then son and partner went home. On Boxing day they brought the girls over, and we went and bought togs for them to swim in the pool at the motel. Also floaty rings and the next day, goggles. What a life! They begged me to stay longer and take them to Sabbath school (like Sunday school only on Saturday). I had to move to a cheaper motel, and the second one was a bit squashed, but we managed. Lots of prezzies, hours in the pools (one told me quite seriously that she got water in her nose drums when she jumped in), parks, shopping, playing hide and seek, and generally mucking up. It was fun, but completely exhausting, and my nerves are shattered! LOL They did my back in a few times. But I love them to bits, and when I surprised them with an extra trip to a park, they told me I was the best Nanna in the world. Whose heart wouldn't melt?

I'm so glad you had a nice time, Mikey. And it's lovely to watch the kids get all excited over their gifts, isn't it? I was doomed to eat off the plastic teaset I bought them - for three long days! And endure the endless hula hooping that was nearly taking out the motel furniture. Naked children doing headstands and giggling and hiding when I told them to put some clothes on. I have until Wednesday morning to regain my composure before I have to return to the drag of work. I want to sleep, but I have too much to do. I'm so glad I was able to spend xmas with them.

And the trip back was a bit of a carpark for a while, but then the traffic thinned out, and it was pleasant. I pulled up at a roadhouse to have something to eat, and took a photo of the ugliest kangaroo statue I have ever seen. I'll post a link once I get it off the camera. The sun was shining, it was hot, there were lots of tourists hovering and eating and generally enjoying the whole holiday atmosphere. It felt nice. You can't capture that on film, sadly.

2065. happyture30 December 2012, 11:07 GMT +01:00

Oh Dezzie Im so pleased you had a great time and now with "BEST NANNA" under your belt what more could you aim for, its the best thing in the world when they say things like that to you aint it, I know my grandson is 7 now and has become a little man , I got so excited just before Christmas as i found a steam train that was running a santa run , mince pies, mulled wine and the kids meet santa on the train, when i got home i said guess what Corey we are going on a train and and and ,,,then he said in a stern voice Grandad,, Im 7 years old now i decied where i want to go and i dont want to see a fake Santa,, he still believes in santa but he had seen one with a plastic beard which has rocked his beliefs a little i think, anyway he didnt want to go,,sob,sob,,I was gutted, I was all ready for wind in my hair the steam, the smell of burning Coal,,

HEY i cant wait to see this ugly Roo,,,It will surely brighten up my day :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera