Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > Camera for Christmas!

Camera for Christmas!

1. happyture13 December 2011, 7:37 GMT +01:00

Well its that time of year again, the photography shops are full to the britches with sparkly new cameras with more pixels and wonder gadgetry than you can wave a stick at, I am looking for a new camera but dont want to have a wheelbarrow to carry it around, I have been looking closely at the Panasonic G3 amazed at the size and control this camera seems to have, yet i am concerned that the iso settings only goes down to 160iso,,,,that i feel is rather high as my little fuji and Big Nikon go down much lower around 80iso with the fuji and 100iso with the Nikon,,,I can hear you all saying OMG he's rambling again, BUT i would love to hear your opinions on the many cameras that are on the market at the moment.

50. xymonau24 December 2011, 11:07 GMT +01:00

An how, 'zackly, would you plan to launder the flippin' greasy sheets?

51. happyture24 December 2011, 18:35 GMT +01:00

I wouldn't, id leave um waterproofed cuz ere in Englund its damp n wet n cold!!

52. xymonau24 December 2011, 23:03 GMT +01:00

You'll be excited to know I has arranged for two wimmin to smear you wif grease today. It's yer Ma an' yer partner, an' they ony has goose fat, but gift horses an' all that, hey?

53. happyture24 December 2011, 23:09 GMT +01:00

Ooooooooh never,,never,,the thought could stay with me for years,,,Ma would probably have the goose fat on a butty anyways!!!

54. xymonau24 December 2011, 23:10 GMT +01:00

See? You is never grateful, you!

55. happyture24 December 2011, 23:13 GMT +01:00

yam too...its the thought of them warts that ma has on her hands,,no oh no,,forget it!!

56. xymonau24 December 2011, 23:17 GMT +01:00

She promised to use her feets.

57. happyture25 December 2011, 0:39 GMT +01:00

Thats it,,enough already, i,m losing my stomach....

58. xymonau25 December 2011, 3:40 GMT +01:00

Can I have your xmas dinner, then?

59. happyture25 December 2011, 12:11 GMT +01:00

yeah if you wants it,,do you want me to leave the beak n tail on for you ?

60. xymonau25 December 2011, 14:45 GMT +01:00

I'll have the veges wifout their beaks, please.

61. happyture26 December 2011, 0:10 GMT +01:00

tell you now Dezzie, you needs your protein else you wont be able to keep your pecker up!!!

62. xymonau26 December 2011, 1:51 GMT +01:00

I hope you is going to cook them beaks an' tails before you eats 'em. Or at least wash 'em!

Tell you now, Mikey, there is protein in everything, including fruit and veges, and if you're having enough calories, you're getting all the protein you need. The big calcium in milk and protein in meat thing is simply a marketing ploy that has now become popular "truth", even though it isn't true. Doctors get very little education in nutrition. Just chemicals for this and that.

Plant based vegans who eat from a variety of foods get everything they need. They just have to be careful to supplement - very occasionally, like every few months - their B12. Bacteria in your body actually makes it, but we have cleaned and disinfected our way right away from the natural source. So you do have to watch that. And you do have to eat different things at each meal to get a balance. But plant based vegans live 10 years longer than everyone else, so what does the evidence tell you? And they get less or no heart disease and some arthritis, they never get type 2 diabetes (if they don't eat fatty or junk food, as processed food, too much oils and added sugar are the culprits).

I'm now in the habit of having a fruit meal, a vege meal, and adding bread or cereals to either or both. And I might have beans with either - beans and cereals are high in protein anyway, and they mix well with either. I really enjoy my food. My tastebuds have changed a lot!

I will own up to eating a whole packet of lemon wafer biscuits on xmas day. Lots of sugar anf fat, but they were delicious, and my only indulgence. I felt a bit yuk afterwards, though! LOL When the family gets here tomorrow, I will have a few days where I might end up eating stuff I wouldn't normally, but that's fine.

So endeth the lecture.

63. happyture26 December 2011, 8:29 GMT +01:00

Hey,,,Hey you is truly Gen'd up on the knowledge of the veggie snatcher aint you Dezzie,

Well i juss hope you dont give your son a watercress cracker, cuz you knows that a no no,,push the boat out a bit and spread some real butter on the cracker. hope you have a great day dezzie enjoy the cuddles i know i did..

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/happyture/SDC12517.jpg

64. xymonau26 December 2011, 8:53 GMT +01:00

Ah, that looks so warm and inviting! I'm glad you had such a nice day.

My son will eat his watercress cracker and shut up about it if he knows what's good for him!

65. happyture26 December 2011, 8:57 GMT +01:00

Ha ha,,,I bet he will as well, then he'll ask which direction is Maccy D's in.....

66. xymonau26 December 2011, 9:04 GMT +01:00

Oh, he has worn a track in that path, believe me. Every time he comes here. And there's a Hungry Jack's on the opposite corner (our version of Burger King - why they called it that is beyond me - they clearly had no idea of our culture). And these establishments are about two blocks from my house.

There's a steakhouse attached to a pub in Brisbane, and they advertise themselves as the worst vegetarian restaurant in Brisbane. I love that. There is a pub in this town which has a sign out the front that says something like, "Husband minding service". That always makes me laugh when I read it.

I might have to start writing sentences without 'r's. This key is gunged up.

67. happyture26 December 2011, 9:07 GMT +01:00

Ha ha,,kids hey,, my daughters like Maccy D's yet i cant stand it, i dont like the way they throw the food around, no no, me no likes it alot!!

Rrrrrrrrealy rrrrrotten luck, whats going on with the R key then...come on spit it out Dezzie, what you done???

68. xymonau26 December 2011, 10:00 GMT +01:00

That was the victim of my spilled hot chocolate.

We call it "Macca's" here. The Americans call it "Mickey D's" I think. I call it feedlot tortured poison.

69. happyture26 December 2011, 10:02 GMT +01:00

Its nasty stuff, young kids scratching and fiddling in-between frying your onion rings,,Na,,not for me sorry :O(

70. xymonau26 December 2011, 10:05 GMT +01:00

A friend of mine who lived in Toowoomba in the 80s said the local McDonald's used to wash their lettuce in the same trough they emptied their buckets after mopping the floors! LOL

71. happyture26 December 2011, 10:07 GMT +01:00

Oooo000000000weeeyuck, probably true, not even going to tell you what they found in the mayonnaise here in the UK, i,ll leave it to your very vivid imagination ....

72. xymonau26 December 2011, 10:12 GMT +01:00

Yeah, I'll leave that one for now. I'm tucking into a roast dinner right now (always a day late and a dollar short! LOL) and I can do without it.

73. happyture26 December 2011, 10:15 GMT +01:00

Whats that there then,,on the side of your plate,,oh your not gunna eat that are you,,it'll make you sick,,,it wont make me sick though here let me stick me fork in that for you,,come on, Tiz the season for sharing :O)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera