Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Bye Bye

Bye Bye

1. Ayla8731 July 2010, 12:34 GMT +02:00

We have a sad message which we would like to share with you. Yesterday we had one of our two cats euthanized by our vet. Nicky was very ill over the last couple of weeks and now her kidney started to fail. So it was time to say good bye. She lived 15 happy years with us since she was a kitten. We think she had a nice life, after all topped with a career as an RGB photo model:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjxeRm/astonished
We know that it is best for her to get released from her illness but we are still very sad and it is painful for us that she is gone.
-- Christa & Michael

2. weirdvis31 July 2010, 12:46 GMT +02:00

Christa and Michal, it's always so sad to lose a beloved pet. They tend to steal a large part of your heart and it is hard to see them grow old and frail. It is even worse when you know they are suffering. I'm sure you did right by her throughout her life and particularly at the end.

So sorry to hear you lost Nicky. Such a beautiful cat with bright green eyes.

3. Ayla8731 July 2010, 16:34 GMT +02:00

Thanks for your kind words, Lynne. We think you are right - pets can steal great parts of our hearts, but they are also a great enrichment for us. It always hurts to loose a pet, but we wouldn't want to live without these selfless companions.
-- Christa & Michael

4. Zela31 July 2010, 19:30 GMT +02:00

This is so sad indeed. She had a happy life and is surely in cat heaven now.

5. jazza31 July 2010, 21:53 GMT +02:00

I am very sorry to hear this bad news. Please keep remembering the good time you had together. Bye Nicky, bye.

6. xymonau1 August 2010, 3:15 GMT +02:00

Oh, no! This is so sad, Christa and Michal. We love our pets so much, and it is painful to part with them. Thank goodness she was owned by two people who loved her all her days. And I am so sorry that you have had to face this. Your other cat will be feeling the loss, too. Farewell, Nicky.

7. tinneketin1 August 2010, 8:13 GMT +02:00

Sorry to hear this news, wish you much strength !

8. Ayla871 August 2010, 9:09 GMT +02:00

Thanks to all of you for your great support, this helps very much! It will take quite a long time before we stop thinking that Nicky may pop around a corner every minute. We focus a lot more on our other cat - Pauli - now. But she is still very shy and missing Nicky, too.

This is Pauli, btw:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mjyXZQY/her+majesty

-- Christa & Michael

9. greekgod1 August 2010, 9:33 GMT +02:00

i am no stranger to losing beloved pets.
i can feel your loss.
May Nicky be rolling around acres of catnip in kitty heaven...

10. crisderaud3 August 2010, 22:00 GMT +02:00

I lost mine too July 19. He was my BFF.

He was suffering from problems that couldn't be fixed so I had to let him go. He knows I did my best I could for him, but I suffer without him.

11. Ayla874 August 2010, 6:49 GMT +02:00

Sorry to hear that, Cris. I'm sure you did your best. Maybe he is now happily playing with Nicky in kitty heaven.
-- Michael

12. xymonau4 August 2010, 12:42 GMT +02:00

Oh, Cris, I hope you feel better soon!

13. GerbenVanErkelens4 August 2010, 20:13 GMT +02:00

Sorry to hear al this. It sucks to loose a pet. Much strength to both of you! Keep in mind there's always the option to get a new kitty!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera