Get your cameras clicking, and drag out your graphics tablets, because you are about to compete in the 2012 RGBstock Christmas Competition!
There are two sections to enter, and three – yes, THREE – prizes! The winners of the photography and the graphics section will each win a small, but fabulous prize. They will become the proud owners of the first ever RGBStock mugs – a veritable collector’s item! And to encourage everyone to enter, there will be one “Lucky Door” prize! Everyone who enters will have the chance to have their name drawn for the third RGBStock mug.
Not only will the winners receive their prizes, but the winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock.
Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.
Opening date : Friday November 23 2012
Closing date : Friday December 21 2012
Here are the rules:
1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 pixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.
2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs – xmasphoto2012
for graphics – xmasgraphic2012
This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry. Images lacking this keyword will be presumed to not be entries in the competition. If you discover the competition after you have uploaded images, as long as they have been uploaded between the starting and finishing dates, you may add the above keywords.
3. The theme is Christmas and New Year or other end of year celebrations like Kwanzaa and Hanukkah – for those who don’t celebrate Christmas, and everything that relates to them. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.
4. Be creative. Come up with something new and different, and start a trend. Be traditional. Traditional images are always popular. Look at pay stock sites and see which images there are the most popular, and try your own variation. Winning is nice, but it’s lots of fun to get those creative juices flowing.
4. You may post as many entries as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here or on other sites.
5. Voting - Every member of RGBstock (uploader or downloader) is able to vote via downloading their favourite images. At the end of the competition, the photo and the graphic with the highest number of downloads will be declared the winners.
The winners will be announced in the General Chat Forum before Christmas Day. In the event of a tie, both winners will receive a prize. Winners will be contacted by admin for their postage details. Because we are a global site, it may take some time for your prize to arrive, and it will be posted in the New Year.
One person could win both categories. But only one prize will be awarded to that person, in the category in which they received the most downloads. The runner up from the second category will receive the other prize.
Because the winner will be chosen by downloads, admins may enter, too! What are you waiting for?
Great News :)
I'll try to prepare something new as always on Christmas Competition :)
Ding Dong,,,Prizes,,Lucky doors,,,OMG Im so excited this wont help my camera shake will it :O)
OK, because some people have already started uploading, we've moved the opening date to yesterday !
You can start to upload immediately.
Remember, the longer your image is up, the more chances you have of getting higher downloads.
If i was to go for the graphic part can i then pluck from the different stocks and put them together in a new way or do i have to make everything original?
You may use genuinely public domain images in a creative way, but not images from here or other stock sites, which generally do not allow you to do that. The result should be a new image and not just have minor changes. I look forward to seeing your entries!
Well, the competition has come to a close. Downloads will be counted, but it's fairly obvious who has won the graphics section, at least! Gesine, who has been my assistant in this competition, is tallying the figures, and we will make a formal announcement shortly.
The draw for the Lucky Door Prize will take a little longer. i wanted to video it, but the person I was going to have help is not available right now. I'll see what I can do, and let you know in a few days. The tension builds!