Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Download requester?

Download requester?

1. wolliballa8 January 2013, 23:30 GMT +01:00

Any chance that one could see WHO (user name) has downloaded which photo, e.g. to contact him afterwards?

2. xymonau9 January 2013, 21:09 GMT +01:00

Go to your gallery. Just under the bold printing that says, "Artist gallery etc" you will see "Recent downloads from your gallery". Click on that and you will see all the downloaded images and who downloaded them. If you want to get to a contact page for them (and this is the only way I know how), copy their name, go back to your gallery page. In the url it will say "http://www.rgbstock.com/gallery/wolliballa". Highlight your name and paste the downloader's name over that, click "enter", and you will be taken to their gallery page. Their name will be in bold and underlined. Click on that name, and you will be taken to their activity and details page, and one of the options is to contact them.

3. ColinBrough9 January 2013, 21:50 GMT +01:00

Hmm, when I try this I can see which images were downloaded and when, but not by whom. My recent downloads page looks like this:

http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/recent.png

Do other people get information on who downloaded? When I look at the page source there doesn't seem to have anything about who downloaded each image, so I don't think its a browser display issue.

4. wolliballa9 January 2013, 21:52 GMT +01:00

@colinbrough: that is exactly my question. do admins see more than we normal users?

5. jazza9 January 2013, 23:04 GMT +01:00

I will explain. Yes, admin users can 'see' more then normal users, and I can see even a lot more if I like. Sometime we need to see everything on the site for 'maintaining reasons', so to speak.

I considered to show who downloaded which photo, but I decided not to do so at the moment. I think that will cross a line of privacy for the users. You cant see on other sites, like Flickr, Facebook or SXC who viewed your photo's, can you?

6. lennie9 January 2013, 23:38 GMT +01:00

If you suspect someone of foul play, you can contact us, we will look into reasonable requests.

7. ColinBrough9 January 2013, 23:39 GMT +01:00

@5, @6, thanks - happy with that policy.

8. xymonau10 January 2013, 8:27 GMT +01:00

Oops! I'm so sorry. I thought everyone could see that in their own galleries. I apologise, Colin.

9. wolliballa12 January 2013, 11:21 GMT +01:00

That should not touch any privacy issues to get linked to a users profile as this is public to other rgbstock users anyway.
Not sure whether rgbstock needs to copy flickrs etc. behaviour. But I am happy with that clarification.
Would just make it easier to review pictures usage without bothering admins...

10. ColinBrough14 January 2013, 19:57 GMT +01:00

Just noticed that I can see who has liked my pictures - I don't really mind one way or the other, but is there a reason for the difference in policy for likes over downloads?

11. jazza14 January 2013, 22:21 GMT +01:00

I have to think about it. I can see the Inconsistency in it.

12. Gramps25 January 2013, 13:30 GMT +01:00

I think I prefer things as they are, as much as I would like to know who has down loaded my pictures I can see how the information could me misused.

13. micromoth26 January 2013, 6:58 GMT +01:00

I don't really mind one way or the other. But I do wish more folk would tell me what they use the images for. What are they afraid of?
It would be so encouraging to know how they are used and would help me to understand what new subjects may or may not be of interest to them.
In the last 48 hours my images have been downloaded more than 200 times - but only one person has given me any feedback at all. Sigh...

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera