Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Timeouts/slow response from website

Timeouts/slow response from website

1. ColinBrough1 April 2013, 10:05 GMT +02:00

Over the past 3-4 days I've seen a slower responses from the site. I have a script that downloads various stats on my images and from the site. It uses 'wget' to grab pages, and I've been seeing wget timeout and attempt multiple retries... particularly when attempting to download http://www.rgbstock.com/stats - up to 16 retries before page successfully grabbed. It may be a passing thing, may be a load related issue, may be to do with the route between me and the rgbstock servers... but all other sites seem to be working normally, so I thought I'd report it.

Cheers

Colin

2. jazza1 April 2013, 17:08 GMT +02:00

Colin, we will look into this soon.

3. lennie1 April 2013, 17:19 GMT +02:00

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

Just to be sure I checked and it does not look to me like the routing has changed.

First thing I did after that is to make sure you don't get an error but a result (even if it takes longer) by changing some timers.

Second thing I did is take a look if any other people were running into similar issues, didn't seem to be the case.

It might take a bit longer to find out the real cause though. This first thing I can imagine is that stats is one of (as little as possible) things that (still) talks directly to the database.

Maybe the timing of your requests coincide with some database maintaince.

I've added more monitoring, this obviously doesn't solve anything directly, but points in the direction of what is the cause might be.

4. ColinBrough1 April 2013, 22:58 GMT +02:00

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it from my side too.

5. lennie2 April 2013, 1:10 GMT +02:00

Well, we know what the problem is now, we've worked around it by what was already mentioned above. Now we'll have to see how we really solve it.

6. gesinek3 April 2013, 23:36 GMT +02:00

Oh I have never seen it before.... there is a blue backgrounded number at the LIKES.

It is wonderful, I love it

7. jazza3 April 2013, 23:55 GMT +02:00

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera