Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > The Worst Camera I have ever owned

The Worst Camera I have ever owned

1. coolhewitt239 November 2015, 14:19 GMT +01:00

I bought a new camera from Canon. The Powershot SX710 HS was suppose to be an upgrade from my G15 but it turned quickly into a nightmare. 40% of the imagines taken by the camera are either out of focus or too dark or too slight. I was amazed to see a Canon camera perform so terribly. I'm going to send it in for repairs next week.

I delete over 300 picture on this Camera. What a waste of time.

Did anybody here have a similar experience with a camera?

2. xymonau9 November 2015, 17:59 GMT +01:00

The very first digital camera I ever bought was just awful. As I recall, it cost $80 and was in the very early days of digital, when a decent one - like a 2mp - would set you back $500, which was a lot of money then. I couldn't tell you what the resolution was, but it was really awful. All the photos were dark and full of noise. It took videos, and they were really dark, too. I was really disappointed in it. I couldn't begin to tell you the brand. It was not well known! The next one was a gem from Aldi, of all places, and was almost as bad. It was at that point that I decided to spend significant money - when I could get it - on a decent camera, and I bought a Panasonic Lumix because of the image stabiliser. No disappointment that time.

Yours sounds like there is a definite problem with the camera itself. Canons are generally reliable.

3. gesinek10 November 2015, 12:40 GMT +01:00

I have a Powershoot SX220 HS as every day camera. I used to wear it around to catch a pic of a rainbow are somethings that happens just in front of my eyes. I had always a noise problem. Today I use my mobile for such occasions because the Powershoot pictures were always frustrating.

But I believe in the bigger cameras made by Canon. Our 50d is working fine .....and be bought (as an early christmas gift for us) a used 5D MII. It arrived here last friday and the few pictures (lousy weather here) we could take until now are beautiful (No stock I think, just to look at).

If I would buy another pocket camera I also would go to the direction of Panasonic Lumix.

4. ColinBrough10 November 2015, 17:28 GMT +01:00

The worst experience I had was going back to an old (at the time reasonable enough) HP compact camera for a trip to Ethiopia where decent kit wouldn't be guaranteed safety! Slow response time to shutter release, very slow switch on.... aargh. And all because I'd grown sadly used to a reasonably DSLR!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera