It's that time of year again, when we dig out those cameras and dust off the graphic tablets, because the 2017 RGBstock Christmas Competition is about to begin!
There are two sections to enter, and four fabulous prizes. The winners of the photography and the graphics section will each win one of our exclusive RGBStock mugs – rare collector’s items that cannot be purchased! AND to encourage everyone to enter, there will also be two “Lucky Door” prizes!
We will draw the names of two people who enter and they will also receive an RGBStock mug. So everyone has the chance to win. As we did last year, for every entry, your name will be entered once into the draw. So if you post ten photos or graphics, you have ten opportunities to win. Be sure to post lots of images to give yourself a greater chance of winning. Please note: For a series of the same image in different colours, we will allow a maximum of two entries to the draw. So if you post ten different colours of the same photo or graphic, you will still only be allowed two entries for the draw.
Not only will the winners receive their prizes, but the winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock for a period of time.
Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.
Opening date : November 18 2017
Closing date: December 24 2017
Here are the rules:
1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no smaller than 1200 pixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.
2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs – xmasphoto2017
for graphics – xmasgraphic2017
This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry. Images lacking this keyword will be presumed to not be entries in the competition. If you discover the competition after you have uploaded images, as long as they have been uploaded between the starting and finishing dates, you may add the above keywords.
3. The theme is Christmas and New Year or other end of year celebrations like Kwanzaa and Hanukkah – for those who don’t celebrate Christmas, and everything that relates to them. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.
4. Be creative. Come up with something new and different, and start a trend. Be traditional. Traditional images are always popular. Look at pay stock sites and see which images there are the most popular, and try your own variation. Winning is nice, but it’s lots of fun to get those creative juices flowing. Remember that your entry must be an original photo or graphic, and not an edited public domain or purchased image.
4. You may post as many entries as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here OR ON OTHER SITES.
5. This year, the RGBStock admins will select the winning entries (therefore they and their families can not enter). The features they will be looking for are suitability for stock, appropriate subjects, creativity, quality (e.g., composition and clarity in photos), impact, and images that are pleasing to the eye. Images that do not comply with the above rules will not be included in the judging.
The winners will be announced in the General Chat Forum before New Year's Day. Winners will be contacted by admin for their postal address.
Because we are a global site, it may take some time for your prize to arrive, and it will be posted in the New Year.
Only one prize will be awarded to an individual, so you can not win both the photograhy and graphics section. The names of the winners of the competition will not be included in the lucky draw.
Good luck, everyone!