Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Which Monitor to choose?

Which Monitor to choose?

1. sundesigns19 February 2010, 9:15 GMT +01:00

Good flat CRT are not available any more and LCD would probably never come close to them in terms of quality.

I've to make a decision between Dell 2007 FP and Dell 2209WA. I need to buy two monitors and I've limited budget. Can anyone suggest which of these models can be a better option for colour critical graphic designs for print.

2. sundesigns19 February 2010, 9:21 GMT +01:00

I think I put this one in the wrong place, I mistook the world technical. Can u please move it to the right place.

3. crisderaud19 February 2010, 16:29 GMT +01:00

It's ok here for now. the Dell UltreSharp series is higher rated and usually a better choice. I would go with the 22" screen size at a minimum.

I made a list of alternative models you may want to consider because of price and the technology and performance on these models are comparable. They are all very popular:

ViewSonic Graphic Series VG2230wm Black 22"
Winner of the People's Choice Award at Newegg

ASUS VW224U Black 22"
Very popular. Solid performance.

SAMSUNG ToC T220HD Rose Black 22"
This one doubles as a TV off your computer

Dell Professional P2310H 23"
A bit more pricey.

Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22"
Very popular, good value.

Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP
PC World Review Pick

And lastly, seriously consider getting the ERGOTRON 33-310-060 Neo-Flex LCD Stand
They are about 45 USD and you can easily adjust the monitor for height, angle, rotation and spin which gets the monitor exactly where you want it to get the most comfortable and best viewing angle.

4. sundesigns21 February 2010, 9:31 GMT +01:00

Thanks Cris

Its gonna be a big help...

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera